Mod. Notice What do you want to see on the Geelong Board in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

More love towards our players
This is a controversial one but we are so critical towards our players. We should be supporting them and rallying behind our troops.
Also maybe threads/a thread designed for player profiles, weaknesses, etc. And finally a thread that slanders off the press where we critique and laugh about some of the idiots in media. Muppet of the month, insert appropriate w name of the week, you know the drill

More Willo_

:D
More Willo__ interviews surely you meant to say?

On other things, would it be at all possible to list under posters who have had aliases or previous poster names so we know with whom we are speaking and who if needed to place onto ignore?

How did others see the code of conduct playing out this year? Where there ever any ramifications for posters who signed up for it who contravened it?
Personally, I liked the concept but think it needed to be enforced a little more stringently.

I like that we can have other posters on our board and that we haven't got a reputation of others who ban posters at the drop of a hat, outside critical feedback is what the place is about after all, as long as it is respectful and not clearly trolling. Think we all need to remember that Mods can't see each and every post here if someone if posting in a trolling fashion we need to report it not just expect that the matter will be dealt with on its own.

ng. Think we all need to remember that Mods can't see each and every post here if someone if posting in a trolling fashion we need to report it not just expect that the matter will be dealt with on its own.

Yes please.....repeated trolling leads to a fond farewell....

Also remember, infractions accumulate without notice to regular posters. So while it may appear no action is taken, that may well not be the case. As infractions accumulate points over time, if the reports are legitimate, and points allocated, eventually the repeat offender will drift off into the sunset.

More love towards our players
This is a controversial one but we are so critical towards our players. We should be supporting them and rallying behind our troops.
Also maybe threads/a thread designed for player profiles, weaknesses, etc. And finally a thread that slanders off the press where we critique and laugh about some of the idiots in media. Muppet of the month, insert appropriate w name of the week, you know the drill
Firstly, I agree the players cop too much criticism at times. Good, constructive discussion, but it's just awful when posters make personal cracks about players.

Would be fun to slag the journos/commentators. Petty, but lots of fun ;) It's going to be tough to decide who's the biggest numpty between BT :shoutyoldman: + Damian Barrett :shoutyoldman:, isn't it? Or Ling crawling up BT's derrière -v- Dwayne Russell or Dermie! :rolleyes:

I loved the competition last off season where everyone picked players from each decade with some limits on eras and players per club. Thete was a treasure trove of great research and information that everyone gained from each pick. More things like that please.
Also more specific topics raised for genuine discussion

The demand is there. Just need someone to organise if Willo_ has hung up the mike...
I'm happy to help out or be involved... but i just don't have the time to organise and put them together etc any more

I want to see a concerted effort to get a champion KPF. Anyone with connections, Get Lynch is the go. Once the Hawk is gone, we need a replacement, but we'd be more in contention with another big, talented Key. If not Lynch then perhaps Big Ben Brown. He plays a little like Larry Donohue did. That would be a huge bonus in my books. All systems go on a Key Forward star.

No reason Daz can’t host it from LA!
Oi!!!

I like the travel option much better..

But seeing we are pushing people in front of trains...
I reckon that Pure_Ownage bloke has all kinds of free time now....:cool:

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to see a concerted effort to get a champion KPF. Anyone with connections, Get Lynch is the go. Once the Hawk is gone, we need a replacement, but we'd be more in contention with another big, talented Key. If not Lynch then perhaps Big Ben Brown. He plays a little like Larry Donohue did. That would be a huge bonus in my books. All systems go on a Key Forward star.

Id say get in Darcy Moore's ear. He is not happy at the Pies with the structure and could be convinced....

not really but hey its worth a shot.

Go Catters

Hairolad unbanned
What other people do on other boards is not our responsibility and has no baring on this board.

GO Catters

What other people do on other boards is not our responsibility and has no baring on this board.

GO Catters
It has created an amusing day though.
Livened up a slow Friday.

It has created an amusing day though.
Livened up a slow Friday.
Still dont care. not GFC related nor anything to do with this thread.

GO Catters

More posts in December 2018 and January-February 2018 where most of Geelong’s posters jump off the face of the Earth excluding most people who’ve been around on accounts since atleast 2012 or had prior accounts like me.

Also is there a All Geelong related questions type thread where you can post whatever hoping someone can answer it rather than making many different threads?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back