What do you wear at the gym?

Remove this Banner Ad

Following on from the "irritating things..." thread, I've noticed gym attire is a bug bear of many of us.

I often scoff at tradies who come in, still in their work uniforms; cargo shorts, blunstones and a bluey. :D

I used to wear singlets all year round, often with pants in winter.

Nowdays I'm shorts - always shorts. And most of the time I'm in a shirt; I like wearing loose fitting shirts, even if they do make me appear smaller. :p

I've got a few muscle singlets that I bought online, that I love to bring out when it's genuinely hot enough (30+).

Always shorts. I'm actually a baller from way back and haven't played footy in a few years though, so not footy shorts but basketball shorts as they still fit.

Don't mind a singlet because I find myself adjusting the shirt too much, sleeves ride up too often. Having said that, a shirt is desirable if it's loose fitting and light weight.

I wear cheap-ass flat soled shoes straight from the $3 rack at K-Mart too. Purely becaues you can't go barefoot.

I'm also a cap-wearer, which is just so odd. I hate caps and never wear them outside the gym but damned if I forget to take it to the gym. Why? I have no idea. Must be superstition or something, I can't put a finger on it but I hate not wearing it. Luckily, there are a dickload of people that wear them, so it seems (including some of the real monsters).

And I don't take my iPod (surely this will come up eventually) - too much of a pain.

Why the flat shoes?

I love the comfort of my sneakers.
Hah, in Pumping Iron, Arnie says he went barefoot because it was natural. This is as close as I can get without buying these bad boys:

10445,xcitefun-toe-shoes-3.jpg

Probably doesn't make too much difference especially considering I don't want to compete but it's just one of those things I took on board.

But do you find it makes a difference?

I prefer to Squat barefooted, but beyond that I don't really notice much difference.
I prefer them more than runners but as for muscle contractions, I can't feel a difference.

I normally wear light nike shorts (cheap from the factory outlet).

And bonds singlet.

I find a tshirt rubs or catches a bit on some lifts, and the less itchy/distracted i am with a heavy weight above me the better.

Hah, in Pumping Iron, Arnie says he went barefoot because it was natural. This is as close as I can get without buying these bad boys:

10445,xcitefun-toe-shoes-3.jpg

Probably doesn't make too much difference especially considering I don't want to compete but it's just one of those things I took on board.

I wear exactly those.

Have done so for about a year too.

And black, orange/green, a different red (similar type). I love Vibram stuff, but I really need to give them a wash...

Oh, and I wear running shorts :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you left out gold chains.. lol

And a leather lifting belt. Had a dude that went to my old gym, always came in in an insanely tight singlet, that was like a crop top, trackies and steel caps, always had the lifting belt even when he would just do arms or legs, saw him have a crack at the treadmill one day, was hilarious. Either had a totally f'd back or was an idiot.

I just wear old t-shirts, nike shorts and runners.

Never worn pants to the gym, always running shorts that are easy to move in, sometimes i like to go for a good run on the tready when im feeling it

My singlets include footy singlets (not the jumpers, like the training ones that AFL teams wear during preseason, really light weight and dont catch onto my dumbbells) or i wear tight cotton on singlets (you can get them for like $5). Basically i wear whats cheap.

As for shoes im seriously considering getting some vibrams or whatever they are see a few blokes wearing them. I also like Ricky try to keep my stance as natural as possible and wear basically no soled slip ons from Kmart (except mine cost $8 not $3????????) Must be WA for yah, everythink is overpriced here and people still buy it, because they have to.

NO IPOD although seriously considering it, music is pumping me up these days. I just feel your more professional looking without an IPOD and isee way too many people resting playing/mucking around with it and songs for too long.

Belts - do they support your back?

Also wear a watch (i need a jersey shore one, anyone know of where you can get cheap jersey shore ones from?)

Also for sneakers/joggers like Nikes or something anyone know where you can get some cheap ones from off the internet, i think i saw some real good ones for about $50-60.

hey donkey wat i said didnt warrant a red card mate. however let me answer this question properly i wear short, tanktop and nikes. Is that ok for you Donkey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back