What does your gut/instincts tell you about the prelim and possibly gf?

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon we showed we can stop Gawn ....we can stop Grundy

Limit grundys output and break even in the midfield we got this

Our forward line is the best in the land and easily .....Kennedy and darling ....

13-0 when those two play together this year

I like the stat

It was interesting in the third where Melbs started like a house on fire out of the middle. Two centre clearances on the trot from hit outs to advantage iirc.

Lycett crunched Gawn at a centre bounce - put him on his knees for a good 20 -30 seconds and seemed to take a bit of sting out of Gawn.

That is the mindset we need to take into the Grandfinal. Compete, contest and don't give Grundy an inch.

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
It was interesting in the third where Melbs started like a house on fire out of the middle. Two centre clearances on the trot from hit outs to advantage iirc.

Lycett crunched Gawn at a centre bounce - put him on his knees for a good 20 -30 seconds and seemed to take a bit of sting out of Gawn.

That is the mindset we need to take into the Grandfinal. Compete, contest and don't give Grundy an inch.
I agree.I think Grundy,Pendlebury and Sidebottom all have soft underbellies and need to be hit hard and often.No Prisoners!

i genuinely believe we can win it now pending tomorrows result

this could be the most emotional gf win for us in history if we make it and win it.

Don't get me wrong they are all good , but 1992 the very first will be hard to beat for an emotional high.
It was against all odds and a victory against the Establishment.

First for us and also we were the first interstate team to beat the underhanded manipulative VFL dominated League.
West Coast broke the shackles of the Master / Slave relationship ,that was in full implementation, by those in control at VFL House.

Being the first Team that were Victors, against all odds and as such ,gave every other Non Victorian Team hope that the Holy Grail was attainable , even if your Clubs Postcode didn't start with a 3.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't get me wrong they are all good , but 1992 the very first will be hard to beat for an emotional high.
It was against all odds and a victory against the Establishment.

First for us and also we were the first interstate team to beat the underhanded manipulative VFL dominated League.
West Coast broke the shackles of the Master / Slave relationship ,that was in full implementation, by those in control at VFL House.

Being the first Team that were Victors, against all odds and as such ,gave every other Non Victorian Team hope that the Holy Grail was attainable , even if your Clubs Postcode didn't start with a 3.

I think for me if we win it might be the greatest gf victory. I was 6 in 1992 so remember it, I basically started following the Eagles around then, so it's pretty special, but to beat Collingwood - any Melbourne side - especially when few expected us to do well, would be sweet. With all the setbacks we've had, it would be vindication.

placebo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Pies by 3-5 goals. If they get the momentum they had in the QF in the 2nd and 3rd quarter but in front of that crowd at the MCG, they'll put on goals in succession. Our midfield is going to have to play out of their skins.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
If we had beaten Melbourne by one point everyone would go we were lucky ....it was the umpires .....if we can only do that on our home deck how will we go on mcg

Yet we belted Melbourne...the margin was flattering to Melbourne ....and if we had kept our foot on the throat we would have won by 20 goals .....

Yet the media says Melbourne were woeful ......they were ok we just played the perfect game ....and capitalised on every mistake they made

Im quietly confident we can win .....it’ll be close

I believe our talks can trouble anyone ...and our smalls are deadly also

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
All jokes and arrogance aside, I just can’t picture us beating a big MCG tenant on GF day. The last 5 grand finals have shown how much interstate sides struggle against Melbourne sides. The chaos of the week, the travel, the hotels, etc etc, it just messes with the normal travel routine. No matter how good all those interstate sides looked in their home prelim finals, they all got outplayed in the GF. I can see it happening to us too.

wraglesweb

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
All jokes and arrogance aside, I just can’t picture us beating a big MCG tenant on GF day. The last 5 grand finals have shown how much interstate sides struggle against Melbourne sides. The chaos of the week, the travel, the hotels, etc etc, it just messes with the normal travel routine. No matter how good all those interstate sides looked in their home prelim finals, they all got outplayed in the GF. I can see it happening to us too.
Jenkins on VFL 360 was some of the most honest and damming thing I have seen about a premiership loss.

Pretty much said the whole week got to him and by game day he was that mentally wound up he was exhausted and could hardly run.

The key to this week is to treat it like a normal home and away game the best they can etc.

Boooo.

It’s 22 human beings vs 22 human beings. Of course we can win.

Back