Resource What does your local Football Club wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
I thought this would be a good idea. Draw your local football team jumper. Then we will be able to see what jumpers that local clubs use.

The first club I have done is Emmaus St.Leo's Old Collegian Football Club, a club in the VAFA. Here is their jumper and logo.

kNnHEIX.jpg

Draw up the uniforms of your local clubs and show everyone what they wear.

Last edited:

Well we don't want 10 versions of each AFL/VFL/SANFL/WAFL jumper on here. We would like to see the jumpers that aren't the copies of big league jumpers. If you can provide it, the reason behind why the design is like it is.

The two closest clubs to me are probably the Scarborough Sea Eagles (Yes, the monogram does look like that)
scarbs.png

and the Stirling Saints, who have gone to the brilliant measure of putting the designs of the other teams in their competition on their website.
http://www.stirlingsaints.com/guernseys.htm
Stirling.png

Both teams have played A grade in the WAAFL over the last few years.

My club (Sydney Uni) wears the following - the home guernsey is modeled on the Geelong design, and came into being in the mid-90s when the club decided to fall in line with the other clubs at the University that wear hoops (such as Rugby). Prior to that it was a royal yoke on gold or a gold yoke on royal.

image.png

The alternate uses an element of our club logo as the basis for its design. It was introduced in 2012 when we joined the NEAFL. We barely ever wear it - only twice a year away to Aspley and Canberra. Our lower grades might also wear it once or twice a year against East Coast Eagles (who wear royal WCE guernseys) and Parramatta who are also blue and gold.

image.png
This week our Sydney AFL Premier Division team will be kitted out in heritage guernseys to commemorate the 30th anniversary of a first grade premiership. This is the first time we have done a one-off guernsey, so we are hoping that we can auction them off and make our money back!

image.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Closest club to me is the Burnaby Eagles.
They get their jumpers given to them
See if you can guess who gives them to them.
Burnaby-Eagles.gif

Yeah, that's right, player issue, match worn. Worth up to $500 each on Ebay, probably.

img-0-6988454-jpg.jpg
One guy is in white shorts, one in navy.

my OCD just kicked in.

Maryborough Magpies.png 070415-45.jpg I used to play for the Maryborough Magpies, they've been in this design for at least a decade now. Makes for a good clash with the other BFNL Magpies, Castlemaine.

Last edited:
View attachment 276582 View attachment 276583 I used to play for the Maryborough Magpies, they've been in this design for at least a decade now. Makes for a good clash with the other BFNL Magpies, Castlemaine.
I like it (& your rendition - just lose the white between the maggie's legs). It still looks a bit like a clash with Castlemaine from this photo alone though, but I guess it must be OK in real life

Remove this Banner Ad

Back