Resource What does your local Football Club wear?

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_0843.JPG Bunyip women's and youth girls jumper. A dog with eye lashes surrounded by diamonds, hot pink cuffs and numbers.

It's a bit easier just adding the pink, but the girls had input into it and it's what they wanted. The logo with the eyelashes is used by the netball club, so it's been adapted, not just made up. They wanted to be bulldogs like the men and boys but with a touch of feminine. The club song is similarnto Western Bulldogs and someone suggested they change Son's to Daughters but the girls refused. They said it was the club song and they'll sing it the same as everyone else.

The club song is similarnto Western Bulldogs and someone suggested they change Son's to Daughters but the girls refused. They said it was the club song and they'll sing it the same as everyone else.

Why wouldn't they just use that logic for their guernsey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My club (Sydney Uni) wears the following - the home guernsey is modeled on the Geelong design, and came into being in the mid-90s when the club decided to fall in line with the other clubs at the University that wear hoops (such as Rugby). Prior to that it was a royal yoke on gold or a gold yoke on royal.

View attachment 272324

The alternate uses an element of our club logo as the basis for its design. It was introduced in 2012 when we joined the NEAFL. We barely ever wear it - only twice a year away to Aspley and Canberra. Our lower grades might also wear it once or twice a year against East Coast Eagles (who wear royal WCE guernseys) and Parramatta who are also blue and gold.

View attachment 272327
This week our Sydney AFL Premier Division team will be kitted out in heritage guernseys to commemorate the 30th anniversary of a first grade premiership. This is the first time we have done a one-off guernsey, so we are hoping that we can auction them off and make our money back!

View attachment 272329
great work mate. didn't know about the old guernsey.

i played for the students in the early to mid noughties. there were only 2 teams when i started and we played in the sydney football assoc and our major rival were the macquarie uni kookaburras. the sydney football league was the higher tier comp at the time.

in my last couple of years, we added the blues (3rds) in the newly created 3rd grade of the SFA. since then, i think there are the reds, the golds, and the platinums.......and there are 50 guys trying to get a game in that 6th grade!!! i had a chat with a fella at henson park a month or so ago who told me all about it.

now the club is a strong unit in the NEAFL. they've come a long way.

The club up the road from me, PHOS Camden wear this:
PHOS-Camden-Home-2014.jpg

They're the Phantoms..
RD9-D2-PHOS-Camden-v-PAOC-015-855x450.jpg

Actually, that PAOC^ guernsey is pretty good too.

The club up the road from me, PHOS Camden wear this:
PHOS-Camden-Home-2014.jpg

They're the Phantoms..
RD9-D2-PHOS-Camden-v-PAOC-015-855x450.jpg

Actually, that PAOC^ guernsey is pretty good too.

PAC changed suppliers this year to Champion, there's a video on their facebook page around the creation of it, really good watch, first XVIII have a special Jock tag compared to other teams.

Dunno if this means the OS will also wear it though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back