Training What else can we do?

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't normally a swingman, he was a forward who was swung back to cover for the two ACLs last year.

I may be wrong but pretty sure he was always a forward/ruckman at junior levels and at Claremont.
Correct he's always been fwd, I was hoping E.Mac could fill his spot and he go fwd for Lecras, imo Lecras looked very past it last half of the season, certainly wouldn't take on tacklers like he used to, he may be costly to us this year.

Correct he's always been fwd, I was hoping E.Mac could fill his spot and he go fwd for Lecras, imo Lecras looked very past it last half of the season, certainly wouldn't take on tacklers like he used to, he may be costly to us this year.
Maybe they need to rejig the forward line to allow Lecca to play deep like he used to in his heyday. Otherwise he could be costly if they try to get him to play that high half forward role again and if he doesn't improve on last year's performance.

Maybe they need to rejig the forward line to allow Lecca to play deep like he used to in his heyday. Otherwise he could be costly if they try to get him to play that high half forward role again and if he doesn't improve on last year's performance.
Yeah maybe if he can regain his accuracy as his opportunities are scarce now with Kennedy's reliability as the go to lead. Last year in our losing final when Lecras was so bad I wanted Simmo to swap him or darling with McGovern to give us another form player in attack. I know McGov is so valuable in defence but it's not much use when you're 8 goals behind and your darling fwds are choking lol.

Yeah maybe if he can regain his accuracy as his opportunities are scarce now with Kennedy's reliability as the go to lead. Last year in our losing final when Lecras was so bad I wanted Simmo to swap him or darling with McGovern to give us another form player in attack. I know McGov is so valuable in defence but it's not much use when you're 8 goals behind and your darling fwds are choking lol.
Yeah I'm a big fan of the Gov forward. Hopefully it happens one day

Would McGovern have started and played 2015 as CHF if Mackenzie and Brown didn't go down?
I don't believe brown showed enough to warrant a move from McGovern but now with Barass looking good if EMac finds form and Lecras is done McGov could be a decent flank/pocket replacement, maybe rotate chf with darling. But no last year our fwd structure looked good enough on paper.

I don't believe brown showed enough to warrant a move from McGovern but now with Barass looking good if EMac finds form and Lecras is done McGov could be a decent flank/pocket replacement, maybe rotate chf with darling. But no last year our fwd structure looked good enough on paper.
and an answer to my question circa 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back