Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The excitement was too much for me I think. By the time I had settled down and got home I felt extraordinary crook. I had intended to watch the replay with a few bourbons. Instead I went to bed.:confused:

I think I'll have a few coldies this arvo and watch the replay:D

63e9e1a33300d37c_Marcello_Mastroianni_Sophia_Loren_mariage-a-l-italienne-1964-15-g.jpeg

Ahhh, September Sunday glow, my how I've missed you.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Just massive amounts of relief. Barely even celebrated at the siren. Had absolutely thrown myself emotionally into the comeback and was just drained. I'm normally totally circumspect at games but had yelled myself hoarse in that second half screaming like a massive tit at everything. Rose early for Drew's two goals and after that I was just relieved

Finals are so much more fun.

106157e47ea703c91cdf21ab67b5af41e4cb5925b7ac17c3afbc84bfbc0d05a8.jpg

This was pretty much me as well. It's always a better experience when you're around fellow north supporters, which was the case for me last night.

Lileasy and myself sat amongst the Essendon members and my day went from horrible to elated. Oh what a ******* win.

Being at the local pub with 4 teammates who just happen to be * supporters I just sat in my chair and had head in hands for a good 10 minutes. They accepted defeat with a minute to go.

Hi 5'ed the rest of my teamates who were all going for North.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
Not really sure. Haven't been able to enjoy the week because of the fear of losing and the consequences of that. Even when we were two goals up with 30 seconds to go I was still completely tensed up. Afterwards was a sort of mixture of relief and euphoria without being able to truly enjoy it. Was still a ball of nervous energy when I went to bed.

Will enjoy the next five days a lot more I suspect.
Yep exactly the same
More happy now after watching the reply

My voice is completely ****ed. Mostly Essendon and neutrals around me so didn't get any high fives but was so estactic when Drew kicked those two and then when the siren went.

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
I thought we were gone at half time. Eight minutes to go last quarter, I felt like my heart was going to jump out of chest. What a win, what an atmosphere. Didn't sleep much and I've watched replay three times.

The Northerner

Senior List
Sep 7, 2008
Frankston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, S.A Spurs
Pure elation. When Drew kicked his second I looked up and gave my dearly departed North supporting dad an imaginary hug while fist pumping the air and screaming until veins broke the surface on my forehead. After the game I high-fived the supporters around me and then walked back to the car beaming the biggest smile I have shown in months, my badly wounded knee barely even giving me an ounce of grief such was the flow of adrenalin surging through my body. Thought back to some great finals victories and have to say that was the best I can remember. Out on our feet. No run. Then BANG the shinboner spirit rose from the ashes phoenix style and smout the team I loathe most. BRING ON THE UMPIRE-ASSISTED CATS!!!

Gabbie

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2004
MAGNETIC ISLAND-NTH QLD
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Leaped off the couch yelling, did a happy dance around the coffee table, reached for the chardy, got on FB and posted how I felt.."chatted" with fellow faithful on my friend listing.

I will not stop smiling for the whole week, will use any excuse to wear North gear out and about (well that's actually not unusual).

You can not beat this feeling.

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My lads seen the worst and best of me during this game.......Ive never been wilder watching a game during that second qtr. I had my 2 lads watching ( as a token to their ol man) but both are not passionate about AFL....yet !!

The missus was away and I needed to find another "mums taxi" to pick my youngest up and take him to practice, yep you guessed to no avail........but as the game wore on I realised that I could whisk him to training at 3/4 time.
managed to get back missing 2 minutes into the last.

I then watched the remaining game with my oldest (13) and that was enjoyable as he started for the 1st time really get into a game. We both screamed and cheered Drewy's goals and me standing not being able to relax during those last 3-4 minutes.

The bain of internet streaming is the dreaded "rotating wheel" then appeared with exactly 1 minute to go..... but I knew we were going to managed to get over the line.

AFL seriously needs to upgrade their streaming servers as they dont have the capacity to sell it at an acceptable level.

But ending on a positive I can relate enjoying yesterdays moment with their kids for the 1st time !!

Back