What ever happend to Shane Loveless?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whippet said:
Your post rings a bell junkie. There was a number of rumours circulating around the Shepparton area about the big fellas whereabouts.
I heard a story once about Nagambie bringing him back from sydney for a grand final and paying him a large amount of money per goal. Problem was, the opposition team heard this and offered him double that for a point. Think he kicked about 6 goals 6 points.
He played in the 99 Nagambie flag and then in 2000 they got done after flying him back for the GF and dropping one of the fill in FF's who had bagged about 70 for the year. An absolute disgrace and they got rolled.

Whippet said:
Your post rings a bell junkie. There was a number of rumours circulating around the Shepparton area about the big fellas whereabouts.
I heard a story once about Nagambie bringing him back from sydney for a grand final and paying him a large amount of money per goal. Problem was, the opposition team heard this and offered him double that for a point. Think he kicked about 6 goals 6 points.

ha ha ha - nice one about the $$$ for the points...

That story is in the article on him in Paul Daffey's book "Local Rites".

Try Santo at Melbourne Sports Books on 03 9662 1085, he'll put you right!

Who the **** do you think you idiots think you are?

Shane wasn't a nice man... say it to his face not over the internet tough guy... sure have your opinions... keep them to your ***** self if you please. shane is my father.. although yes, he did have his flaws... he was one hell of a foot-ball player and a fun **** dad. so please... next time think twice before you post your ****. Much obliged

Khyle Loveless

Khyle, I just read through all the posts and only a couple were disrespectful to your Dad but sorry about those mate.
Is Shane doing ok?

Best wishes

Fossie

Shane as a footballer was a extremely unique character of the game.
As a youngster hanging around the Ky football club whilst he was there he was extremly kind and always willing to spend time having a kick and having a muck around with the clubs juniors, from memory he was at Ky 85/86, my mother use to wash the jumpers and I clearly remember a couple of us fitting into his button up jumper ??
I came across Shane whilst he was playing at Nagambie and once again before the game he was quite happy to have a chat and a good laugh, the biggest mistake I ever made was think that he might go a bit easier on me upon the ground because I knew him.
He worked at the GV for quite a while as a doorman, and played a lot of footy in the later part of his career with Jasman Baruzka, ( spelling ?? ).
The interesting thing about Shane was at a couple of the football clubs I know he played at, the longer serving guys in the background who do their work with little, or want of, recognition, thought he was a top bloke yet the frontliners he tended to not have the same relationship with.

Paul Daffey's book has him at

Sale (Latrobe Valley FL)
Footscray (28 gms, 72 gls)
Glenorchy (Tasmanian FL)
Tatura and Kyabram (Goulburn Valley FL)
Sale (again)
Casterton and South Gambier (Western Border FL)
Apsley (Kowree-Naracoorte FL)
Kerang Rovers (Mid Murray FL?)
Colbinabbin (Heathcote DFL)
Ardmona and Nagambie (Kyabram DFL).

He was definately at Kerang in the old Northern & Echuca FL (since disbanded) at the start of the 94 season. Not sure if he lasted the whole season with them, but he was definately there round 1 because he kicked 10 against Echuca United (in their first game since the merger of Echuca South & Echuca East). Absoultely carved us up.

He umpired my cricket semi final on the weekend. Still a very interesting bloke, and loves telling a story or a joke. Always a lot easier to get along with than the other umpires in our league.

I also saw him at the Stratford footy club the other night doing some coaching with some juniors.

Shane didnt play with Leitchville at all but he did spend a season with Gunbower in the early 90's,he only played about 8 games and I was lucky or unlucky enough to play on him once when he kicked a bag on me.He was very tough on the feild but after the game he was a gentleman and bought me drinks and also gave me some great tips as I was very young and inexperienced

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane wasn't a nice man... say it to his face not over the internet tough guy... sure have your opinions... keep them to your ***** self if you please. shane is my father.. although yes, he did have his flaws... he was one hell of a foot-ball player and a fun **** dad. so please... next time think twice before you post your ****. Much obliged

Khyle Loveless
hi khyle. i played with shane at casterton and he was a great friend as was your mum lysa.i went to their wedding at mt.gambier.lost contact years ago.would love to hear from them both again.just look up b. cleeman mt.evelyn victoria.i am also on facebook.cheers chow cleeman

Khyle Loveless
I played with the big fella at Ardmona and thought he was a legend on and off the field!! I can remember him kicking bags of goals but the amount he dished off was phenomenal!! he was big on bringing others into the game. i remember him out marking 5 Murchison players and then he would go and stand on the boundary and talk to the boys with his 2 or 3 opponents in tow thus leaving us with spare men everywhere. But my mum would give me a ribbing for picking up his gloves when he was having a set shot hahaha. Also had some huge nights with him at the G.V. and after he knocked off, fair to say we never lined up to get in and always had an abundance of drink cards!! Near on the best player i have played with!!

Was only talking to a few of the old hands in the bottom pub in Tatura the other day about him, by all accounts was very good to talk too and not much phazed him, even after a rare off game and he had a few drunks giving some 'constructive critisim' he was happy to listen but from what i can work out shane's father didnt take to them quiet as well tho

Shane didnt play with Leitchville at all but he did spend a season with Gunbower in the early 90's,he only played about 8 games and I was lucky or unlucky enough to play on him once when he kicked a bag on me.He was very tough on the feild but after the game he was a gentleman and bought me drinks and also gave me some great tips as I was very young and inexperienced

Hey Asjskk123,

You are right he played at Gunbower rather than Leitchville. He played more than 8 games though....yep the same except I had the advantage of playing with him rather than against him. I still remember the day he kicked 20 something goals in a game - I think it was 25 goal two behinds but might be wrong.

Hey Asjskk123,

You are right he played at Gunbower rather than Leitchville. He played more than 8 games though....yep the same except I had the advantage of playing with him rather than against him. I still remember the day he kicked 20 something goals in a game - I think it was 25 goal two behinds but might be wrong.

Were there a few one handed marks going on that day?

If you can get your hands on a copy of today's Weekly Times, do so and flick to the centre part of the football section. Loveless is featured in a double-page article, outlining his entire football career.

If you can get your hands on a copy of today's Weekly Times, do so and flick to the centre part of the football section. Loveless is featured in a double-page article, outlining his entire football career.

Cool, thanks! Will post this on the Dog's board too.

:thumbsu:

Weekly Times Wed 29 July had a part 2,to the Shane Loveless football story for those interested...He looks a hell of a lot lighter these days,unless photo is deceptive??? Enjoyed reading you blokes,stories on him...Good work

My family were from Gunbower and I used to go and watch most games during the winter. My Uncle was pres at the time Shane came to play and I can remember his feats vividly. Yes he did kick 25 in one game and it could have been more, most were put through by half time. He was a massive bloke and one hell of a mark and kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back