Opinion What ever happened to paying the man in front?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the third angle. Clearly doesn't have the ball in his hands and Naughton controls it the whole way down.
Benefit of doubt is in order there coz one hand was but by that stage Naughton had impacted into Moore's back! Moore had first touch so either pay the man in front or free kick for in the back!

Benefit of doubt is in order there coz one hand was but by that stage Naughton had impacted into Moore's back! Moore had first touch so either pay the man in front or free kick for in the back!
Ridiculous thread. Learn the rules.

15.4.5 A Player makes Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player if the Player:

(b) pushes an opposition Player in the back, unless such contact is incidental to a Marking contest and the Player is legitimately Marking, attempting to Mark or spoil the football;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Learn the rules.
15.4.5 A Player makes Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player if the Player:
(b) pushes an opposition Player in the back, unless such contact is incidental to a Marking contest and the Player is legitimately Marking, attempting to Mark or spoil the football;
What the point learning the rules to then witness how they bend them to allow a mark like that by Naughton when Moore clearly had first touch?!? But that was why the perception was to give the man in front a benefit of doubt!

What the point learning the rules to then witness how they bend them to allow a mark like that by Naughton when Moore clearly had first touch?!? But that was why the perception was to give the man in front a benefit of doubt!
What about the one Mason Cox just ripped off Dickson(I think)?Man in front?

Clearly had first touch? If you watch it in slow motion you'll see they both first had hands on the ball concurrently.

Ridiculous thread. At least find a better example than this one if you're serious about the rule (which doesn't even exist as dave123 pointed out).

Clearly had first touch? If you watch it in slow motion you'll see they both first had hands on the ball concurrently.

Ridiculous thread. At least find a better example than this one if you're serious about the rule (which doesn't even exist as dave123 pointed out).
Haha that bloke is a genuine nuff

In reference to marking ..
Man in front isn't a rule
Man who touches ball first is the rule
Yes but rewarding the man in front was how they used to adjudicate it so it removes any immediate doubt over who touched it first, which was why the man behind used to be expected to fist the ball to spoil the opponent's marking attempt. I understand that the AFL want to encourage speckies but If they are going to penalize tacklers for falling into their opponents backs then they need to take into account how speckies could be just as dangerous to the recipient in a marking contest.
What about the one Mason Cox just ripped off Dickson(I think)?Man in front?
Yes I think that did occur also but was that paid a mark? Shouldn't have been.
At least find a better example than this one if you're serious about the rule (which doesn't even exist as dave123 pointed out).
It used to exist, which is why this thread. ^Take note of the question posed in the thread title^.
Haha that bloke is a genuine nuff
Haha says a lot about you, doesn't it.

This is the nuffiest thread I’ve seen on here, and that’s saying something!!! Ripping the ball out someone’s hands to make it seem like you took it very rarely works

Remove this Banner Ad

Back