What ever happened to ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
This thread is for those players who look like they are going be stars when they are young and then exit from the AFL early and end up in an obscure country or suburban comp or completely vanish from the game.

What happened to Billy Longer?

What happened to Billie Smedts?

Last edited:

I was only very young but I thought Clint Bizzell was going to be a gun, from memory he kicked a few goals early in his career then disappeared

Edit.

Turns out he had a 11 year career, kicked 34 goals in 2000 which is what I must be remembering, don’t remember him being at Melbourne...not really a fit for this thread after all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is for those players who look like they are going be stars when they are young and then exit from the AFL early and end up in an obscure country or suburban comp or completely vanish from the game.

What happened to Billy Longer?

What happened to Billie Smedts?

He was no good. Dominated VFL, hapless at AFL level. Was traded for very little to Carlton and did nothing there. Geelong posters did warn them not to play him in defence, but Carlton being Carlton they did.

I was only very young but I thought Clint Bizzell was going to be a gun, from memory he kicked a few goals early in his career then disappeared

Edit.

Turns out he had a 11 year career, kicked 34 goals in 2000 which is what I must be remembering, don’t remember him being at Melbourne...not really a fit for this thread after all
1624304213914.png

Solid career, as an exciting forward for Geelong then as a defender for Melbourne.

Was devastated as a kid when I thought he had kicked this at the ground but he just missed...

He was no good. Dominated VFL, hapless at AFL level. Was traded for very little to Carlton and did nothing there. Geelong posters did warn them not to play him in defence, but Carlton being Carlton they did.

Not many match day decisions are made from the advice of anonymous posters on the internet.

Not many match day decisions are made from the advice of anonymous posters on the internet.

And the game is lesser for it. Big footy should be able to vote on one in-game change at the end of each quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back