Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got my hands on one of these...
1zvbkf7.jpg

This is only the 2nd time I've come across one of these, and I've been looking for one for at least a few years. 1st one, I was watching the auction and then forget about the end time and so missed out.

Glad to have secured this one.

Last edited:
It looks like a Port Melbourne jumper. However, with no evidence as to it being a Port Melbourne jumper other than it being red and blue, it could be some local teams old jumper, it could be some other state league team, it could be a hi-vis tradies vest that someone's painted.

But I don't think I've ever seen another team in red and blue stripes, so I'd hazard a guess that it is Port Melbourne's

It looks like a Port Melbourne jumper. However, with no evidence as to it being a Port Melbourne jumper other than it being red and blue, it could be some local teams old jumper, it could be some other state league team, it could be a hi-vis tradies vest that someone's painted.

But I don't think I've ever seen another team in red and blue stripes, so I'd hazard a guess that it is Port Melbourne's
Made in Adelaide though?

thanks for feedback,i dont think its a tradies hi-vis as its made by vic hill and number seems to be made of same material as guernsey ive had this guernsey a long time

Made in Adelaide though?
I can really only give best guess, Port Melbourne is the only red and blue stripes team I know of, unless the SANFL had one in the past. I didn't look at the tag, though, so that probably puts it off a bit. It must be a local club. maybe do somee research into local clubs in your area, sharks1992. Did you buy this jumper or was it passed on to you?

Finally got my hands on one of these...
1zvbkf7.jpg

This is only the 2nd time I've come across one of these, and I've been looking for one for at least a few years. 1st one, I was watching the auction and then forget about the end time and so missed out.

Glad to have secured this one.

Beautiful!

Following up this post i can now say i have it in my possesion. And its pretty battered. Lots of loose threads.

I thought all the player issues had the heatpressed fabric stuff rather than the stitching - although that may just be the Swingman replicas.

My Toronto swingman has heatpress, but my knockoff China one is stitched.

A bit confusing really, haha.

I thought all the player issues had the heatpressed fabric stuff rather than the stitching - although that may just be the Swingman replicas.

My Toronto swingman has heatpress, but my knockoff China one is stitched.

A bit confusing really, haha.
Most if not all professional leagues tend to go for stitched numbers, names and logos on their matchworn / player issued tops. Provides a sense of craftsmanship and authenticity rather than just heat pressing something like that I have read regarding why this is.

Most if not all professional leagues tend to go for stitched numbers, names and logos on their matchworn / player issued tops. Provides a sense of craftsmanship and authenticity rather than just heat pressing something like that I have read regarding why this is.

I actually prefer the look and feel of the Swingmans. Find it cleaner and more comfortable than my stitched ones (have two authentic Toronto hardwoods).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do. The DALLAS wordmark is heat pressed. The white outline is embroidered to the twill and then the whole thing is glued to the jersey. The seams for the navy panels is also heat pressed. Names and numbers are sewn on later on by the team.

Interesting design.

Is that the China fake you were previously mentioning? Looks decent.

Yup! Also got my Boomers 15/16 and Portugal ARWC designs made up too! If I end up somehow winning Can-Am, I'll probably have the road guernsey made up too.

3015F05560C404C68E55B919857358BD.jpg 3015F05560C404C68E55B919857358BD1.jpg 3015F05560C404C68E55B919857358BD2.jpg 3015F05560C404C68E55B919857358BD3.jpg

(Note: They got weird about using the Nike logo, but still kept the Dri-Fit from the mockups I sent them...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back