Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

What did I miss???!!!?!? Anyway, footy jumpers shouldn't be taken as gospel. Have noticed a couple of errors regarding Collingwood jumpers.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but pre the major manufactures supplying the jumpers to the clubs players had been known on occasion to supply their own jumpers which were slightly different from the norm. This was happening at Collingwood even up until the early 1990's, for example Ron McKeown's long sleeve jumper used to have the number 5 on the back hand painted on. It would need to get touched up constantly because it would fade. Also, the 21 on Michael Christian's jumper was stitched onto a panel first which was then stitched on to the jumper. Variations did happen so I'd say going back as far as the 30's and 40's that this could have been a very real possibility.

What did I miss???!!!?!? Anyway, footy jumpers shouldn't be taken as gospel. Have noticed a couple of errors regarding Collingwood jumpers.

Agreed, but please point them out! Mero is always looking to correct any inaccuracies so that the site can remain the best reference on the net.

Haven posted jumpers in here for a while. Will add some more pics in coming weeks. Being 24 & now unemployed, don't think ill be adding to the collection anytime soon.
cbf with description for each one. Most PI/worn

PC310001.jpg

PC310002.jpg

PC310003.jpg

PC310004.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I wasn't, but know a lot of people who were and a couple played first 18. You had to play a minimum of 3 games to get to keep the jumper at the end of the school year.

But I got this off eBay for absolute peanuts. Knowone I knew would ever sell it, and rightly so.
Let me know if your interested in a sale or trade on that Freo jumper

What's with the numbers on the Pies clash?

Adidas didn't know how to do #11.

They put 1s in the same place they would go with any other double number containing a 1 - and this looks dumb as hell when both numbers are a 1.

Doesn't look so bad here cos there's an outline making the number look a bit bigger - but still looks stupid.

IMG_20160914_073739.jpg

What's with the numbers on the Pies clash?
Thats actually the rare clash that was made but never used for the 2006 season. Note the 'Fly Emirates' in one line rather than the 'Fly' above the 'Emirates'. Also, no black stripes down the side of the jumper like the later clash jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back