Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sensational WCE collection Haydos. Eventually I want my Crows collection to span the entire existence from the start like that. I'm sure a lot of West Coast people would kill for that 80s yellow peril.
Here's my latest match worn footy jumpers with a few still to come.

Ben Hart 1999 (only year with the red numbers)

Darren Jarman 2000

Wayne Carey 1999 preseason (wore 40 to celebrate 40 years of Mazda in Aus - also it was his first number)

Gav Wanganeen 2000
Hey mate would you consider selling wanganeen s guernsey?

Wondering if anyone has a long sleeve gold coast suns jersey? know they used to sell them but cant find any on ebay
I have a 2xu one I got off Ebay, has premiership player Dion prestias signature on the front though.

Probably not gonna sell it but just letting you know that 2xu branded ones are definitely around

How did you wrangle that?! That is special.

Just traded old mate Cuz some of the good stuff for it ;)

Nah not really. I had the 06 Cuz already, and I got the GF patch from my big 06 memorabillia piece and put it on. We're doing some reno's at home, and the missus wanted me to take the massive frame down. All the signatures were faded, that's why I got it cheap years ago when I bought it. I always wanted to take the GF patch off and put it on an 06 player issue, so I figured why not.

So it's not quite 100% legit. I mean it's a genuine 06 player issue, and a genuine 06 GF patch, they just didn't start life out being joined!

Nah not really. I had the 06 Cuz already, and I got the GF patch from my big 06 memorabillia piece and put it on. We're doing some reno's at home, and the missus wanted me to take the massive frame down. All the signatures were faded, that's why I got it cheap years ago when I bought it. I always wanted to take the GF patch off and put it on an 06 player issue, so I figured why not.

So it's not quite 100% legit. I mean it's a genuine 06 player issue, and a genuine 06 GF patch, they just didn't start life out being joined!

Did the red part of the GF logo fade as well? Looks cool as though

Here's a btter close up shot of it.
View attachment 427285

That looks a bit better, certainly closer to mine

7a8175fcae09f4ae1c15f76cbe88b787.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's definitely faded a little, which is dissapointing, but it'll have to do!

They're cool little badges though. They sort of remind me of the old 90's ones, with the detailed stitching and the 3d aspect of it.

I love them, would love to have a GF jumper from each game in the last 20+ years

I always thought the premiers jumpers that they release should have these badges on them, even if it was sublimated, it'd be better than that cheap looking circle premiers logo.

100% agreed, keep the collectibility and sublimate them but yeah I do not like those crappy premiers logos at all, doesn’t make the jumper any more appealing to me than even just having the standard afl logo rather than that one

What did you use to put the patch on mate?

What did you use to put the patch on mate?

I got some stuff from spotlight called heat n bond. It's a double sided adhesive that you heat up and stick on the patch, then heat it again for the other side to stick the the jumper. Worked well, although it does look like it'll peel off with a bit of heat, which might not be a bad thing, if for some reason I ever want to take it off.

I reckon it's the flash that makes it look pink sometimes.

I can also understand why they didn't sublimate a replica grand final logo (as much as I wanted a replica Premiers guernsey to have it in 06). Keeps the actual guernseys and patches more special (and can charge $2,000 for the memorabilia pieces).

I got some stuff from spotlight called heat n bond. It's a double sided adhesive that you heat up and stick on the patch, then heat it again for the other side to stick the the jumper. Worked well, although it does look like it'll peel off with a bit of heat, which might not be a bad thing, if for some reason I ever want to take it off.

Looks good, should wear it to a game and see if anyone notices haha

By the way, IRC, did Cousins auction off his match worn GF guernsey years back ? Wonder how much it fetched ..

How’d ya get it off the other jumper?

How’d ya get it off the other jumper?

That part didn't quite go to plan. I figured if I heated the patch up, it'd make the glue soft, and it'd peel away realtively easily. I was wrong.

So the jumper from the big framed piece, didn't survive. It was also glued to backing board so it was in pretty bad shape anyway. I guess they make those sorts of things to last, and not fall apart, or not to be taken apart.

So the reason the patch is sitting slightly higher than the normal ones would, is because it's got a layer of another jumper stuck behind it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back