Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

I got them made by a place over here in Perth, called The Plastic Display People.

I've seen them on eBay from a place in VIC for about $200 plus freight, which for me was going to be about $60-70 from memory. They're pretty much exactly the same, just search Perspex display case or similar and you'll find them.

I paid $240 each for these 2.

I got them made by a place over here in Perth, called The Plastic Display People.

I've seen them on eBay from a place in VIC for about $200 plus freight, which for me was going to be about $60-70 from memory. They're pretty much exactly the same, just search Perspex display case or similar and you'll find them.

I paid $240 each for these 2.

Looks good, I've flirted with the idea as I like the flexibility to change the jumper and the place that makes em for $200 is only 45 minutes from me. Someone ages ago posted a perspex case which was clear on both sides so you could see the back of the jumper (I see yours has a white backing and the ones on ebay/near me have a black backing) and had their AFL teams logo engraved into the plastic. Looked amazing, he paid more than $240 though, can't remember how much but I remember thinking damn (was around $350-$400 IRRC).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t, got pulled from auction cause all but 2 players only wore 1 jumper on the day and ain’t no way they were giving them up

Yeah I wondered why only 2 were showing on their auction site. Surely they gave the people who had the winning bid the option of a player issued one?? I guess though you probably don't want to pay the same amount as you bid for a match worn

Yeah I wondered why only 2 were showing on their auction site. Surely they gave the people who had the winning bid the option of a player issued one?? I guess though you probably don't want to pay the same amount as you bid for a match worn

I was winning one of them at the time, I then received the following email...

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for bidding on the 2017 Richmond Grand Final match worn guernseys. Unfortunately, several players did not change their guernsey during the 2017 AFL Grand Final, and have elected to keep the item. As result, some guernseys cannot be auctioned as advertised and have been removed.

However, 2017 match worn guernseys from the H&A season and finals will be available for auction in late October. Don’t miss out on the chance to secure the exact guernsey worn from your favorite player! Information will be sent to you via email when the auction is available.

Regards

Richmond Football Club

I emailed them back asking if I could purchase one of the unworn player issues (for a cheaper price of course) and received this email back...and have not heard anything since...

Thanks for your email regarding the match worn auctions.

As mentioned in the original email some of the players who played in the grand final did not change jumpers at halftime and elected to keep the ones they wore during the final.

As we were promoting the guernseys as match worn (because they should’ve worn two during the game) we had to pull the auction as they would not be as advertised.

In saying that we will be auctioning off the un-worn player editions versions very soon so please keep an eye out for those if interested.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Richmond could of pocketed a good $100k plus from the guernseys.
Imagine being the ***hole that had the task of taking the jumpers off the players, though.

Those jumpers are invaluable to the tigers players.

Imagine being the ***hole that had the task of taking the jumpers off the players, though.

Those jumpers are invaluable to the tigers players.

Whoever job it was to make sure the players changed their jumpers at half time failed miserably, bet the club aren’t too happy about it with how much they would have made

Whoever job it was to make sure the players changed their jumpers at half time failed miserably, bet the club aren’t too happy about it with how much they would have made

This.

They were supposed to wear two. Change at half time. Auction the first half ones and players keep the second half ones.

It's how most (if not all?) regular season one off games go. Seems a biiiig miss here.

Dusty was $20k plus before getting pulled.

Riewoldt ended $20k plus and Townsend $5k odd.

That's a lot of money cos someone didn't do their job.

Maybe they'll recoup some from "blood spare" auctions. Wouldn't have thought nearly as much, but could be wrong. Time will tell.

Strikers long sleeve.
image.jpg

Heath Grundy 2016 Grand Final match worn.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

George Hewett 2016 Grand Final match worn.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Is the grand final jumpers from 2016 on sale?

This.

They were supposed to wear two. Change at half time. Auction the first half ones and players keep the second half ones.

It's how most (if not all?) regular season one off games go. Seems a biiiig miss here.

Dusty was $20k plus before getting pulled.

Riewoldt ended $20k plus and Townsend $5k odd.

That's a lot of money cos someone didn't do their job.

Maybe they'll recoup some from "blood spare" auctions. Wouldn't have thought nearly as much, but could be wrong. Time will tell.

If I was a player and some club minion told me to change my jumper at HT because they want to sell one, I'd tell them to get stuffed. I'd want to keep the jumper I played the whole game in, not half a game.

I get the appetite for fans to buy these things and the clubs have the opportunity to make a fortune, but GF jumpers should be pretty sacred I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back