Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Red Crow

Modrarator
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Moderator #8,451
Yeah it’s slightly more raised than it should be. It was a bit of a distaster while trying to get the patch off the retail guernsey from the framed piece. In the end I had to cut it off. So it’s actually got a layer of guernsey underneath the patch. I then applied some heat press stuff to it, and pressed it onto my cuz. Looks fine up close, but it’s a little thicker than it normally would be.
Don’t those memorabilia pieces cost several thousand dollars?

And you opened it up and cut the patch off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t those memorabilia pieces cost several thousand dollars?

And you opened it up and cut the patch off?
Brand new they do. I got one second hand for under a grand cause the signatures were faded and the woman was selling all her ex husbands shit. I had it hung on the wall for about 4 years. We renovated and I pulled it down. It was going to go in the shed for a while and I thought **** it, I only bought it for the patch anyway so why not put it on a legitimate player issue and display it that way
0226FBB1-7033-4E92-980B-516FEB9AE218.jpeg

SparkleNarkle

Watch Out for the Shaq Attack!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
Brand new they do. I got one second hand for under a grand cause the signatures were faded and the woman was selling all her ex husbands shit. I had it hung on the wall for about 4 years. We renovated and I pulled it down. It was going to go in the shed for a while and I thought **** it, I only bought it for the patch anyway so why not put it on a legitimate player issue and display it that way
View attachment 611932
Out of curiosity, how did you go about getting those perspex boxes for the jumpers. Thinking of renovating my half of the wall but I don't really want my MW's permanently fixed to a frame (and I won't have room for all of them, just one at a time). Can the jumpers be changed around in those?

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of curiosity, how did you go about getting those perspex boxes for the jumpers. Thinking of renovating my half of the wall but I don't really want my MW's permanently fixed to a frame (and I won't have room for all of them, just one at a time). Can the jumpers be changed around in those?
I got them made by a place over here in Perth. They do plastic display stuff for businesses, like holders for brochures and the like. Got them made up for $260 each. The lid comes off and there’s a plastic hanger attached to it so you can swap over jumpers whenever you want. I was the same, didn’t want to pin or stick something down so went this route

SparkleNarkle

Watch Out for the Shaq Attack!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
DJRTP, REN, MIA, UTA
I got them made by a place over here in Perth. They do plastic display stuff for businesses, like holders for brochures and the like. Got them made up for $260 each. The lid comes off and there’s a plastic hanger attached to it so you can swap over jumpers whenever you want. I was the same, didn’t want to pin or stick something down so went this route
Cheers :thumbsu: might look into these and see if they make them down here. Haven't got the time or money to seriously pursue it now, but sometime down the track it would be great to display the jumpers (right now, unworn PI's + retails are in my cupboard and MW's are in the laundry)

Red Crow

Modrarator
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Moderator #8,456
View attachment 611932
Oh nice!! Thats actually a pretty sensible solution I reckon. Very cool display too!

Red Crow

Modrarator
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Moderator #8,457
Cheers :thumbsu: might look into these and see if they make them down here. Haven't got the time or money to seriously pursue it now, but sometime down the track it would be great to display the jumpers (right now, unworn PI's + retails are in my cupboard and MW's are in the laundry)
If/when you look into it, Resiplex in Douro St would be the place to try down our way.

Freight Train

Single Fin aficionado.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cherries, Glory, Marítimo, Raptors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FXD_

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
If you have Amazon AU Prime, you can get these delivered for around $113 when they are in stock.

To get it like I have here though you'll also need to buy these and this.

Last edited:

makri

Team Captain
AFL Club
Collingwood

fancyscum

Lord Mayor of Swoop City
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember getting the Adidas remake of this 10 years ago as a kid after seeing the original on the AFL 07 ps2 game and I was just as stoked today to get my hands on this one! Although, I'm kinda curious to know more about the yellow collar that is has (the only other one like this that I have seen like this is JeffAlbertson2's on the previous page of this thread). I'm guessing that Sekem just used the wrong coloured collar on the retails?

AFL Club
Adelaide
I totally remember the AFL 07 ps2 game with this guernsey. I was also unsure about the collar colour when i got mine its weird, it must just be the retail ones as you said but never the less its a great guernsey design they should definitely bring it back!

Remember getting the Adidas remake of this 10 years ago as a kid after seeing the original on the AFL 07 ps2 game and I was just as stoked today to get my hands on this one! Although, I'm kinda curious to know more about the yellow collar that is has (the only other one like this that I have seen like this is JeffAlbertson2's on the previous page of this thread). I'm guessing that Sekem just used the wrong coloured collar on the retails?

Top Bottom