Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

kazzfkh

SMFC
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Go bloods!
Wonder if 60 was his initial number? Longies not being used much could support recycling. Or it was just the one that fit him!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
probably being the long sleeves not being used as much + lack of sizes (it's an xl). my guess for the old number being on the back, maybe it was used originally by someone in the reserves? that, and it was kept as an 'emergency' jumper to swap on at half time or something? i dunno - it's kind of obscure

kazzfkh

SMFC
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Why would different teams have different methods of showing numbers?? So west coast were also with Puma from 96 onwards, and have always only had sublimated numbers. Why would the swans, who were also with Puma, use heat pressed numbers?? And such a weird font at that?
i honestly couldn't say. the seller i got it from says "Purchased by us as part of a larger batch of Swans players issue guernseys some time ago when there was a clean out of the Swans property room" and "Fully sublimated except for the number that is heat pressed, this was still quite common for the guernseys around this time"

but as i said above, it could've been reused as there were only so many long sleeve jumpers floating around.

also here's a screen from the same year, the font is not as 'thick'.

only thing for me is, it just seems too obscure to me to have a simon garlick jumper made up (he only played less than 50 games)

Untitled.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why would different teams have different methods of showing numbers?? So west coast were also with Puma from 96 onwards, and have always only had sublimated numbers. Why would the swans, who were also with Puma, use heat pressed numbers?? And such a weird font at that?
St Kilda who were also with Puma from 96 never had sublimated numbers on their jumpers. They had their number sewn on.

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
First purchase in a pretty long time, worth the wait though.
Shane Bond match worn 94 Grand Final guernsey. In great condition (possibly cause he only got a handful of possessions on the day, kicked 2 goals though in an 80 point win. So stoked to own this one, and I had to sell off a heap of stuff from my collection to get it. Definitely worth it though.
Thanks to Doug28 for the lead on this one and getting me in contact with Bondy 👍
View attachment 899208View attachment 899209View attachment 899210

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
I see Richmond and North Melbourne have released Indigenous jumpers for this season. Will all clubs do this you think? Love buying the Collingwood one each year, always look forward to the release of this jumper from each club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
First purchase in a pretty long time, worth the wait though.
Shane Bond match worn 94 Grand Final guernsey. In great condition (possibly cause he only got a handful of possessions on the day, kicked 2 goals though in an 80 point win. So stoked to own this one, and I had to sell off a heap of stuff from my collection to get it. Definitely worth it though.
Thanks to Doug28 for the lead on this one and getting me in contact with Bondy
View attachment 899208View attachment 899209View attachment 899210
Footballers are not a very sentimental bunch are they... good get.

Chokito

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2014
Perth WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Anaheim Ducks
I know its sort of splitting hairs, but I always thought the 1977 tribute version was the best looking re-make of the wharfie pylons. Other ones look like the whites are too thick, or is it just me?
subtle spacing difference in the newer styles. I have picked up Amon’s matchworn, and again spacing is different. The 2007 heritage 1977 tribute has even spacing especially between the central 2 pylons, the latter years dont.

EBFE4F61-4A0F-403B-A0E6-AAD4FBD19B60.jpeg

Gibbsy

Oct 12, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester City, Victory, Cavs
subtle spacing difference in the newer styles. I have picked up Amon’s matchworn, and again spacing is different. The 2007 heritage 1977 tribute has even spacing especially between the central 2 pylons, the latter years dont.

View attachment 901938
The middle spacing would definitely be to do with recreating the look of the lace-up

TheGreatBambino

List Clogger
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Trinidad
Is it just me or has the value of footy jumpers gone through the roof since COVID started. Especially Port jumpers, even retails are going for huge amounts on eBay. The market was pretty dead a couple years back. Them footy jumper Facebook groups are getting bigger and bigger by the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.
Is it just me or has the value of footy jumpers gone through the roof since COVID started. Especially Port jumpers, even retails are going for huge amounts on eBay. The market was pretty dead a couple years back. Them footy jumper Facebook groups are getting bigger and bigger by the day.
I was speaking to a large collector about this the other day, 100% they've gone up. 12-18 months ago people were complaining they were struggling to get $100-$150 for swooping magpies/barcode jumpers now there around $250.

I don't think it'll last, I think many collectors are younger people in hospitality jobs and/or uni students so have gotten the COVID19 supplement ($550 extra per fortnight for students I think) and Jobkeeper is $1500 per fortnight. Combine that with boredom at home and they are spending more time looking at jumpers etc. Daresay the prices will normalise later in the year and possibly even drop next year if their is an economic collapse/fallout. But it's all just guess work, this may get more people into collecting and prices could rise further due to demand... who knows.

TheGreatBambino

List Clogger
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Trinidad
I was speaking to a large collector about this the other day, 100% they've gone up. 12-18 months ago people were complaining they were struggling to get $100-$150 for swooping magpies/barcode jumpers now there around $250.

I don't think it'll last, I think many collectors are younger people in hospitality jobs and/or uni students so have gotten the COVID19 supplement ($550 extra per fortnight for students I think) and Jobkeeper is $1500 per fortnight. Combine that with boredom at home and they are spending more time looking at jumpers etc. Daresay the prices will normalise later in the year and possibly even drop next year if their is an economic collapse/fallout. But it's all just guess work, this may get more people into collecting and prices could rise further due to demand... who knows.
I find it’s starting to get very competitive among collectors. There wouldn’t be a week go by where there isn’t some sort of drama on the footy jumper Facebook pages lol

Top Bottom