Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Anybody know what team this is?
4DEA508E-648A-4259-B042-ECDF663B954D.jpeg

Lemon Boi

High quality
Nov 20, 2019
The Citrus Grove
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North QLD Cowboys, Las Vegas Bears
What is this shirt of mine?

BL 2002 Premiers.JPG

Hard to get? Rare? Common? Made in bulk and not worth much?
Anyone know?

kazzfkh

SMFC
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
pics aren't great, but here's my (small) collection..

- 2005 premiers guernsey
- 1996 centenary t shirt
- 1997 PI simon garlick longy.. interesting feature.. the numbers were heat pressed then, and on top of the recycling of jumpers, the number 60 is faintly visible under 29

IMG_9531.JPG
IMG_9532.JPG
IMG_9533.JPG
IMG_9534.JPG
IMG_9535.JPG
IMG_9536.JPG
IMG_9537.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Why would different teams have different methods of showing numbers?? So west coast were also with Puma from 96 onwards, and have always only had sublimated numbers. Why would the swans, who were also with Puma, use heat pressed numbers?? And such a weird font at that?

Power2004

Rookie
Dec 24, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Looking to buy ideally Nike match worn player issue Port Adelaide guernseys . Happy to pay upward of $500 for the right ones and more depending on what it is . Please PM me if you can help me . Thankyou
30285C23-BE87-4FCE-B2B9-83B195111EA6.jpeg

kazzfkh

SMFC
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Go bloods!
Wonder if 60 was his initial number? Longies not being used much could support recycling. Or it was just the one that fit him!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
probably being the long sleeves not being used as much + lack of sizes (it's an xl). my guess for the old number being on the back, maybe it was used originally by someone in the reserves? that, and it was kept as an 'emergency' jumper to swap on at half time or something? i dunno - it's kind of obscure

kazzfkh

SMFC
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Why would different teams have different methods of showing numbers?? So west coast were also with Puma from 96 onwards, and have always only had sublimated numbers. Why would the swans, who were also with Puma, use heat pressed numbers?? And such a weird font at that?
i honestly couldn't say. the seller i got it from says "Purchased by us as part of a larger batch of Swans players issue guernseys some time ago when there was a clean out of the Swans property room" and "Fully sublimated except for the number that is heat pressed, this was still quite common for the guernseys around this time"

but as i said above, it could've been reused as there were only so many long sleeve jumpers floating around.

also here's a screen from the same year, the font is not as 'thick'.

only thing for me is, it just seems too obscure to me to have a simon garlick jumper made up (he only played less than 50 games)

Untitled.png

Back