Opinion What gets my GOAT...

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hawthorn Pffftt.
ive said it before and ill say it again.
The Hawks were in 8 Grand Finals in 9 years from 83 to 91 and won 5 of them.
Then they had a couple of lean years and came within a bees dick of merging with the Dees cos the Hawks had no supporters or money.
The supporters of that club are about as resilient as wet crepe paper.

Booo hooo Hawks had some injuries .
Booo hooo Hawks didnt like that free kick.
giphy.gif
Poor old hawks could cry salty tears for the next 10 years and they still wouldn't be enough to fill half of their cups.

Anyway, who cares? We won.

Nyah nyah nanyah nyah...

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
???
Thought what way man? What have the nerve to expect them to pay whats there? And have a reasonable expectation that they don't manufacture
A decision out of nothing that invariably swings a game in the balance!
You honestly believe that Hawthorn were robbed yesterday? I doubt that very much! That would be what you call a good run!
Thinking otherclubs get manufactured decisions and we don’t. I never said hawthorn were robbed. You did though Our run was good because they didn’t a forward free and we got 5. Apparently all ours were there and they didn’t deserve any. The day someone says that about us is the opposite happens is the day I take up marbles.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
???
Thought what way man? What have the nerve to expect them to pay whats there? And have a reasonable expectation that they don't manufacture
A decision out of nothing that invariably swings a game in the balance!
You honestly believe that Hawthorn were robbed yesterday? I doubt that very much! That would be what you call a good run!

Free kick, Hawthorn. Against you, MM. How date you criticise the poo and wee. 😜

Hawthorn Pffftt.
ive said it before and ill say it again.
The Hawks were in 8 Grand Finals in 9 years from 83 to 91 and won 5 of them.
Then they had a couple of lean years and came within a bees dick of merging with the Dees cos the Hawks had no supporters or money.
The supporters of that club are about as resilient as wet crepe paper.

Booo hooo Hawks had some injuries .
Booo hooo Hawks didnt like that free kick.
giphy.gif

I still hate the Hawks after talking to the mother of an ex Saints president who told me the Hawks and Saints were in talks with the AFL to keep Waverley going and while we were doing all this work the Hawks went and negotiated a deal to move to the MCG which was a super sweet financial one behind our backs. In the meantime we had to go cap in hand and take what we could get from Etihad. Set us up or years of pain, the AFL then sold millions worth of Waverley land for $1 to the Hawks.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yerssss! Is that an unfortunate coincidence mentioning Date in the same sentence as poo and wee?
Or are you being magnificently creative? :smirk:

Edit Was responding to the Drake man, in case anyone was too alarmed by my post! lol

We got a good run yesterday. 5 frees inside 50 to nil of course we missed a few but I’m guessing the hawks did as well

Where did they get the free that put them up at half time? Must have been a great kick from 55 meters out. I'm pretty sure they got a few frees in front of goals. Plenty of our free kicks were play on advantage ones our way, one was paid a free kick when we'd marked anyway.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Umpires across all games seem to influence more games, It feels like they have been instructed to keep margins tight. Games I have no investment in are actually frustrating me because of the stupid officiating. I'm finding neutral games hard to watch.
Felt they helped Hawks get a run on yesterday

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Thinking otherclubs get manufactured decisions and we don’t. I never said hawthorn were robbed. You did though Our run was good because they didn’t a forward free and we got 5. Apparently all ours were there and they didn’t deserve any. The day someone says that about us is the opposite happens is the day I take up marbles.
Stop being sensible and spoiling our fun. Have you no sense of outrage and social cohesion through the fight of a common enemy? Come on, man. Give us our fun.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Where did they get the free that put them up at half time? Must have been a great kick from 55 meters out. I'm pretty sure they got a few frees in front of goals. Plenty of our free kicks were play on advantage ones our way, one was paid a free kick when we'd marked anyway.
The free that put them in front was on the wing. Bruce got paid a mark instead of a free

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Umpires across all games seem to influence more games, It feels like they have been instructed to keep margins tight. Games I have no investment in are actually frustrating me because of the stupid officiating. I'm finding neutral games hard to watch.
Haha. Hard to take it seriously if you honestly think they have been told to keep margins tight but in the next breath we don’t get a good run. We have had 4 tight games. They must only look after our opponents

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
It's settled then!
I'll even purchase the marbles for you Plugs!

Haha. Hard to take it seriously if you honestly think they have been told to keep margins tight but in the next breath we don’t get a good run. We have had 4 tight games. They must only look after our opponents

They may also want certain teams to win to suit a narrative.

I also hate how Dangerfield and Fyfe are not held to account for their violent acts but others are.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
They may also want certain teams to win to suit a narrative.

I also hate how Dangerfield and Fyfe are not held to account for their violent acts but others are.
Why would you bother following a game if you think the umpires want certain teams to win. Get your marbles out. Would be a better game.

So I hardly see how they were worse off than us injury wise.

Hawks team full of premiership/triple premiership players, a list of names which does NOT include new superstar recruits Scully and Wingard.

Meanwhile our team "has zero A-graders"
And what was it? 6 players under 20 games experience.

Great post …………..it's bloody annoying isn't it...….the facts just don't get presented.

They just doesn't fit into the narrative of "wounded Hawks pipped on the line by the Saints"

It's the old saying again....don't let the facts get in the way of a good/dramatic story.

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Great post …………..it's bloody annoying isn't it...….the facts just don't get presented.

They just doesn't fit into the narrative of "wounded Hawks pipped on the line by the Saints"

It's the old saying again....don't let the facts get in the way of a good/dramatic story.
Then again, it doesn't hurt flying under the radar.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hawks missing 4 of their best 22.
(Mitchell, O'Meara, Sheils, Burgoyne.)
Saints missing 6.
(Steven, Jake, hanners, robbo, paddy, geary)

Frawley only played 40min...
McKenzie only played 40 min.

Stratton missed the 2nd half but was on the park for 76 mins, Parker played 85 after missing most of Q2.

Cousins copped a knock but so did big dog Marshall who got his face panel beaten and missed a good 10min of Q2.

So I hardly see how they were worse off than us injury wise.

Hawks team full of premiership/triple premiership players, a list of names which does NOT include new superstar recruits Scully and Wingard.

Meanwhile our team "has zero A-graders"
And what was it? 6 players under 20 games experience.

Good on those battling hawks for overcoming the odds.
(Not TAB odds, they were favourites)
Too true and well said

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why the AFL don't investigate the Scully > Hawthorn trade for pick 70 & a future 2nd rounder that's got more whiskers on it then Santa clause, my take is Scully wanted to go to Hawks,GWS needed salary cap relief & they both concocted a scheme to say Scully was cooked to ward off other sides win-win for both those sides.
But that still has a hole. Other teams would have taken the cap hit, but also offered better picks. I don’t get it at all.

Back