What gives us the right the decide when the line will be crossed?

Remove this Banner Ad

90N90S

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
I am talking about sledging and the way the Aussies always dish it out but when we get it back we play the victim card.

What gives us the right to decide when to do it and when other teams can't?

It seems to me that we are a bunch of cowards it came back to us with interest when India started sledging us and all of a sudden we started crying.

England then started giving it to us and we cried more and played the victim card.

Now it's the turn of the South Africans notice a pattern here?

Now we are yelling at the top of our voices that the bad, evil South Africans started it first.

What do you guys think?

I am talking about sledging and the way the Aussies always dish it out but when we get it back we play the victim card.

What gives us the right to decide when to do it and when other teams can't?

It seems to me that we are a bunch of cowards it came back to us with interest when India started sledging us and all of a sudden we started crying.

England then started giving it to us and we cried more and played the victim card.

Now it's the turn of the South Africans notice a pattern here?

Now we are yelling at the top of our voices that the bad, evil South Africans started it first.

What do you guys think?

What? Australia has never played the victim you w***er. Other sides bring it to the media while we prefer to keep it behind closed doors. Australians also ring their counterparts and apologize when others complain something other countries don't.

The south Africans published the vision of the changerooms not us. They wanted it played out in the media just like the English before them.

Every time before the series other countries will bring up how the Australians are sledgers and aggressive and that's what we expect and then go ahead and do the exact same when they play us. You've never once heard an Australian before a series come out and table how aggressive another country is.

We are happy to wear the image of being aggressive because we aren't sooks, no other country is

What? Australia has never played the victim you ******. Other sides bring it to the media while we prefer to keep it behind closed doors. Australians also ring their counterparts and apologize when others complain something other countries don't.

The south Africans published the vision of the changerooms not us. They wanted it played out in the media just like the English before them.

Every time before the series other countries will bring up how the Australians are sledgers and aggressive and that's what we expect and then go ahead and do the exact same when they play us. You've never once heard an Australian before a series come out and table how aggressive another country is.

We are happy to wear the image of being aggressive because we aren't sooks, no other country is

You sure about that? I think we always acknowledge the lip we get back (and give) with India. Discussion about sledging between Australia and India makes up a large part of the build up to those series. 2 very aggressive sides when it comes to sledging.

Yes we wear the image of aggressive sledgers, but with that comes an image of being hypocritical when we talk about the spirit of the game or this 'imaginary line'. Graeme Smith, Michael Vaughan and past players all say Australian sledging definitely gets personal. Our response? 'Yeh but we didnt cross the line'. What is that line and who determines it?

Example of our hypocrisy

Warner calls for sledging restraint

“Sometimes the way that we celebrate wickets, not just the Indian team but we do it as well,” Warner said today when asked if there were examples of on-field banter that had “crossed the line”.

“Sometimes we’ve all got to be careful not to get over-excited and get in the batsman’s face.

“Let them walk off, I think the best thing you can do is turn your back and give them the silent treatment when you get them out because you have the last laugh doing it that way.

“I know I have to learn, and I’ve learned from that in the past, but I think all of us can take a message from me."

Everyone's s**t stinks when it comes to sledging. We're no better than anyone else and vice versa.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back