What grinds your gears - partner edition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deanc

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Recently my wife has, for whatever reason, formed a habit of starting a conversion with a statement.

When I inquire as to the context, I sometimes get the usual; 'God you're hopeless, why don't you listen for once!'

While driving home the other night she announces out the blue; "they reckon the road should be higher than the river..."

Not being able to see what she was reading on her phone and to avoid any angst I just replied; "do they?" - then waited intently hoping for further dialogue so I could decipher; who they are?, which road? and what river?

Never happened and I still have no idea what she was talking about...

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
My girlfriend is a great cook, but a messy one. Drives me insane because there's no need to have shit everywhere throughout the kitchen when cooking.

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Recently my wife has, for whatever reason, formed a habit of starting a conversion with a statement.

When I inquire as to the context, I sometimes get the usual; 'God you're hopeless, why don't you listen for once!'

While driving home the other night she announces out the blue; "they reckon the road should be higher than the river..."

Not being able to see what she was reading on her phone and to avoid any angst I just replied; "do they?" - then waited intently hoping for further dialogue so I could decipher; who they are?, which road? and what river?

Never happened and I still have no idea what she was talking about...
Hate when people will sit there on Facebook/internet and just say random things about posts they've red, especially when others around are in a conversation.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Manages to always take off pants or long sleeve tops with one arm / leg one way and the other the other way. Shits me when i have to hang them out and i have to fix it
I do this to my missus (more the inside out than one arm/leg though) - grinds her gears

Could be an addition to his thread - 'How do you grind your partner's gears'

Bomberboyokay

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Renegades, NY Rangers, West Ham
Manages to always take off pants or long sleeve tops with one arm / leg one way and the other the other way. Shits me when i have to hang them out and i have to fix it
I 'normalise' my clothes before putting them in the washer and sometimes they come out all tangled. Could be that.

FRUMPY

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
'Ive been so busy today - Ive done 4 loads of washing' - um no, the washing machine has done all the work, you did 20 mins of loading, unloading and hanging out the washing - now the air is doing the drying :tearsofjoy: (and you've watched 5 episodes of your shitty tv show - thanks Netflix haha)

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
I just throw the clothes in the machine, u wanna leave one sleeve in and one out then go ahead....it'll be hung up to dry like that too.

PS I now keep a plate in my car for emergency take away procedures

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
'Ive been so busy today - Ive done 4 loads of washing' - um no, the washing machine has done all the work, you did 20 mins of loading, unloading and hanging out the washing - now the air is doing the drying :tearsofjoy: (and you've watched 5 episodes of your shitty tv show - thanks Netflix haha)
Lol I've heard that one ha ha, and I fold my own and iron my own shirts, washing them is about 25% of the work i reckon.

Top Bottom