What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

You use a knife and fork for a burger?

Cafe in a shopping centre years ago served my burger cut in half. Annoying but okay maybe they thought it was for a kid. Next time did the same ******* thing. Burger isn't a ******* sandwich :thumbsdown:

Not being able to decide what to have for dinner and shitting on all of my suggestions.
We argue on this all the time, I just say 'whatever you want' because if I choose she won't want it. But even then it will take an hr for her to settle on something without asking me 100 times

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Last one - ask my opinion on something (presumably because she is in two minds), ultimately will take the opposite of my opinion. I don't expect her to take my opinion each time, but why ask if your are going to disagree with me every time (and no, not because my opinion is always wrong)

Kicker is she complained about her mum doing it to her, my reply? 'now I know where she got it from'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not being able to decide what to have for dinner and shitting on all of my suggestions.
We plan about 3 days in advance ( I do 7 in my head)
usually takes 2 to 3 days to defrost most meat in the fridge
So theres always 3 trays in there

Grilled chicken and chickpea tabouleh today
Chilli con carne tomorrow (frozen left overs from a month back)
Flathead, fat chips and Greek salad the next day

then it will probably be stir fry
followed by Pasta (probably tuna)
prawns and green paw paw salad will slot in somewhere
then
something else grilled with salad

ask her to guess what you guys are having and what she says first you say yes and then thats sorted

I've stopped playing that game, particularly now she's pregnant and what she likes and dislikes can do a 180 turn from week to week.

I just say, I'm easy, I literally wouldn't have a problem finding something off the menu that I'd like from anywhere you care to pick, so just choose something. I mean how many times can you put up with:
"You decide."
"OK, pizza."
"Ugh... I've really gone off pizza in the last couple of weeks."
"OK, Thai."
"Nah, I had that for lunch a couple of days ago."
"OK, Nandos"
"Can't do Nandos: I think they use pre-packaged salads."

And so on, for eternity.

I've stopped playing that game, particularly now she's pregnant and what she likes and dislikes can do a 180 turn from week to week.

I just say, I'm easy, I literally wouldn't have a problem finding something off the menu that I'd like from anywhere you care to pick, so just choose something. I mean how many times can you put up with:
"You decide."
"OK, pizza."
"Ugh... I've really gone off pizza in the last couple of weeks."
"OK, Thai."
"Nah, I had that for lunch a couple of days ago."
"OK, Nandos"
"Can't do Nandos: I think they use pre-packaged salads."

And so on, for eternity.

My missus asked the other day why I don't do the food shopping:

A: because you will complain what I buy.....

She shrugs and nods, I just accept what she buys and cook with ingredients she gets (or if I specifically want to cook something I'll buy the ingredients)

Same with why I don't put her clothes away but I put everyone else's away......why? Because she complains how I do it every time.

Apparently I fold them 'wrong', it's not wrong, it's just I fold them differently. I don't complain how she does it, I appreciate it gets done

Pfft J-Lo can eat my ass.

/Altho id love to... nah better not finish that sentence.

Yeah, it seems like such an unhappy way to live life. I've just always assumed that couldn't be why she does it, that it must be some other reason, like it was considered bad manners in her family growing up to eat everything, because it looks like they didn't serve you enough or something like that. Or she just genuinely has the whole "eyes are bigger than your belly" thing (as an aside, it's comical how poor she is at measuring an appropriate amount of peas and corn to serve with dinner - sometimes it's like peas and corn are taking up a quarter of our plates and then there's double that again left in the pot, because there was no more room on our plates).

I mean she has no real qualms about her diet, she'll happily crack into a pack of pringles or a block of chocolate on the couch during the day, although admittedly, I'll have dessert more frequently than her. I just can't imagine her being wired like that, but I don't really know.

Could handle A Country Practise O.K.....But Neighbours & the Bold & the Beautiful always had me thinking....'What on earth am I doing being with this individual again'?

3 hard & fast rules....No make-up, no Soap (of the TV variety) & none of those trash tabloid mags....3 Red flags right there.

Food shopping - a ******* one person job. She will say, just need a few things then 50 items later out we walk. Does my head in.

I do the shopping, she does the list. Which is just our routine, but honestly, it would be more efficient for me to just take a photo of the fridge, freezer and pantry and for her to tell me if she needed anything in her bathroom, because when I come home, it's pretty clear that she hasn't actually looked before making the list: doubled up on heaps off stuff, while missing other things that we'd genuinely run out of.

Yeah, it seems like such an unhappy way to live life. I've just always assumed that couldn't be why she does it, that it must be some other reason, like it was considered bad manners in her family growing up to eat everything, because it looks like they didn't serve you enough or something like that. Or she just genuinely has the whole "eyes are bigger than your belly" thing (as an aside, it's comical how poor she is at measuring an appropriate amount of peas and corn to serve with dinner - sometimes it's like peas and corn are taking up a quarter of our plates and then there's double that again left in the pot, because there was no more room on our plates).

I mean she has no real qualms about her diet, she'll happily crack into a pack of pringles or a block of chocolate on the couch during the day, although admittedly, I'll have dessert more frequently than her. I just can't imagine her being wired like that, but I don't really know.
Probably just an old fat shaming article in Dolly or Cleo that stuck

but its not a bad idea
Japanese eat to 80% full
Hara Hachi Bu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back