What grinds your gears - partner edition

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
We dont have a dishwasher and my GF is horrible at washing dishes.

Every time there are chunks of stuff on the spoons or grease from a pan over everything.

Think she is scared to get the water too hot.

I often have to rewash.

And yes Ive told her.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Men and women are so different when it comes to this idea of holidays/trips without each other
Man: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the lads". Her "why? Can I come? How long for? Who's going? Don't spend too much! Can I come...."

Woman: "Going to Melbourne for the weekend with the girls". Him "How long can you go for?"

Some women :)

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
We dont have a dishwasher and my GF is horrible at washing dishes.

Every time there are chunks of stuff on the spoons or grease from a pan over everything.

Think she is scared to get the water too hot.

I often have to rewash.

And yes Ive told her.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can I add possum stomping any food scraps that wash off through the drain catcher thus clogging up our pipes and stinking the house out.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
And wooden pegs. Ones with springs, not the antique ones. I'm still using the same wooden pegs that my mum used when I was a kid. Maybe my kid will use them one day. They don't make pegs like they used to.
I tried wooden pegs in qld they rot on the line and they also stain your clothes with tannin

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
My favorite is boys trips = no kids
My brothers missus girls trips are the wives and their kids - boys left alone

Win/Win

Boys trips are an interesting insight into couple dynamics.

Did one maybe 6-12 months ago, I think 8 or 9 lads went. Mix of single, coupled, coupled with kids. You can pick straight away which of the wives/girlfriends are going to make a big deal about and which of the guys are going to not give a * vs be considerate about the effect of their being away for a couple of days vs being under the thumb and trying to shorten the trip, spending half of it on the phone etc.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Did one maybe 6-12 months ago, I think 8 or 9 lads went. Mix of single, coupled, coupled with kids. You can pick straight away which of the wives/girlfriends are going to make a big deal about and which of the guys are going to not give a fu** vs be considerate about the effect of their being away for a couple of days vs being under the thumb and trying to shorten the trip, spending half of it on the phone etc.

It certainly gives you an insight into the real personalities of the girlfriends/wives (and the boys themselves under pressure from the missus).

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not a single one of my mates who came away on the last trip have kids yet 2 were on their phone from start to finish. Who could be bothered?!

Alas, better them than me

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Not a single one of my mates who came away on the last trip have kids yet 2 were on their phone from start to finish. Who could be bothered?!

Alas, better them than me

Yeah our group on our last boys trip all have kids and apart from a morning check in, no-one was on their phone at all (except on the punt). I reckon the single or in a couple but no kids seem to make alot more contact with the outside world

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
I've seen one mate's wife phone him at 8am on the first morning (i.e. after a Friday evening drive up), and then two minutes later phone of the other guys to ask where he is why he didn't answer? FFS let the man have some peace. There was nothing urgent that needed to be conveyed, no kid in hospital or anything like that.

On the flip side I've seen a mate's wife (no kids) say 'great, I can have some me time and hang out with the girls, see you Monday' and another with multiple young kids say 'it's only a couple of days, I'll be fine. Mum's excited to spend more time with the kids'.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What do guys do on these trips anyway.

And what do they talk about is it srs "grab her by the pussy" type speak or more mellow.

Drink, talk s**t, maybe have a punt - get away and just talk s**t

We rarely speak of women to be honest - its just general talk s**t chat and these days laugh about the past.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

Did one maybe 6-12 months ago, I think 8 or 9 lads went. Mix of single, coupled, coupled with kids. You can pick straight away which of the wives/girlfriends are going to make a big deal about and which of the guys are going to not give a fu** vs be considerate about the effect of their being away for a couple of days vs being under the thumb and trying to shorten the trip, spending half of it on the phone etc.

I'm always the one who gets ribbed from the other guys and their wives/gf's etc etc about not checking in when away (be it work, boys trip, holiday). The most I'll give is a text or two if it's a week. If it's a weekend it's radio silence from me unless I fall into a fire or get superglued to a chair.

Back