What grinds your gears - partner edition

Remove this Banner Ad

LoL, let me guess: 'i don't want the cleaner to think we are pigs'

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I didn't realise it was a thing until Betoota did an article on it. It's like having a cleaner is the middle class version of having a maid: a status thing that only people who don't really need cleaners should have them.

Sure, we don't want our cleaner spending half of her two hours picking up after us, so pack away the toys and make sure the basins in the bathrooms have all the clutter removed by all means. But vacuuming, taking all the towels out of the bathrooms, cleaning the stove tops? Bollocks...

We had a cleaner when I was a kid for about 6 months. A lady who used to come once a week for a couple of hours and do exactly what I had no idea. The house didn't really look or smell any different when I got home. We went from not having a cleaner for most of my childhood to suddenly having one for a while back to not having one again and the effect was minimal with the exception that I never had to rush to do a bunch of of cleaning myself before every Thursday.

If I was to get a cleaner now I'd just want them to do stuff that is time consuming like mop the floors then leave allowing them to dry for a couple of hours. If I am cleaning the kitchen then putting everything away etc. takes more time than wiping the benches so if I have to have the kitchen tidy for someone else do a quick once over with a cloth what's the point? May as well just finish the job myself. Doing the washing etc. isn't arduous. Chuck it in the machine, leave it for an hour, put it on the line. I don't need to pay someone to hang around for 3 hours to do that.

If I was to get a cleaner now I'd just want them to do stuff that is time consuming like mop the floors then leave allowing them to dry for a couple of hours.
Hot water pinoclean and metho
They are clean smell nice and dry real quick

Yeah unless you're living in some very, very large house and/or have expendable income, I just don't see how a cleaner can be necessary

Yeah unless you're living in some very, very large house and/or have expendable income, I just don't see how a cleaner can be necessary
MY wife and I get a cleaner because we would rather spend our limited free time (especially with a kid) doing stuff other than cleaning.

However she does less-frequently-required stuff like mopping the floors, shower and bath scrubbing, dusting, etc. Obviously it's no substitute for actually doing your day-to-day cleaning of the kitchen and other heavy use surfaces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My ex: Didn’t like me watching sport lol

Current gf: Complains about my music taste when we’re in the car (she listens to Billie Eilish) or when I play PlayStation she reckons it’s a waste of time
On that last one, if it's a constant nagging is be outta there

I'm impressed that guys who play video games have girlfriends.
My partner smashed video games, I thought it was great even though I don't play them because it meant I could do other s**t and not feel guilty I was ignoring her. I imagine there's plenty of girls who like guys with playstations for the same reason.

I'm a disgusting slob who can't even be ****ed removing the crumbs of his fat hairy gut, as if I'm gonna change the sheets.

My ex: Didn’t like me watching sport lol

Current gf: Complains about my music taste when we’re in the car (she listens to Billie Eilish) or when I play PlayStation she reckons it’s a waste of time

In my household the driver gets to pick, I’m a metal head and she likes pop music, never ends well. Though we did have Nothing Else Matters at our wedding so I won that one ha ha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back