What happened to......??

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of which (almost a year ago :D), St Elmo's Fire is on now, and I think there are a few "where are they now?" candidates in there.
The obvious ones who didn't really have big careers are Andrew McCarthy, Ally Sheedy and Mare Winngham, the one who Rob Lowe's character shagged in the film.
Andrew McCarthy does more directing these days on shows like Orange Is The New Black,Alpha House,Gossip Girl,The Blacklist

Andrew McCarthy does more directing these days on shows like Orange Is The New Black,Alpha House,Gossip Girl,The Blacklist
Ah, I see. It looks like he had steady work, but he never kicked on after Pretty in Pink, Mannequin and Weekend at Bernie's, which were modest hits. Apart form that, he did a few bombs, and heaps of low-budget movies and tv films.

Speaking of which (almost a year ago :D), St Elmo's Fire is on now, and I think there are a few "where are they now?" candidates in there.
The obvious ones who didn't really have big careers are Andrew McCarthy, Ally Sheedy and Mare Winngham, the one who Rob Lowe's character shagged in the film.
Having said this, it surprises me to find out that Rob Lowe's film career isn't much better than McCarthy's, even though he's much more famous.

The only big-ish film in which he started after St. Elmo's Fire was About Last Night. After that, he only had support roles in the successful movies he was in. It's fair to say that his best role was in West Wing.

Last edited:

Having said this, it surprise me find out that Rob Lowe's film career isn't much better than McCarthy's, even though he's much more famous.

The only big-ish film in which he started after St. Elmo's Fire was About Last Night. After that, he only had support roles in the successful movies he was in. It's fair to say that his best role was in West Wing.
He's done a heap of TV though - West Wing [4 seasons],Brothers & Sisters [4 seasons],Parks and Recreation [5 seasons]

Yeah, true. How could I forget Judd Nelson?
The drug taking and other weird or a-hole behaviour pretty much did in most of the guys. They were up themselves, they got into trouble and they were difficult to work with, you got to be real talented and bring in the box office to get away with that.

Kes from Star Trek Voyager, Jennifer Lien, didn't act a lot after Voyager, and was arrested for domestic violence a couple of years ago.

images

Another one: Leila Kenzle from Mad about You (Fran Devanow). She was pretty busy between 1989 and 2003 -- which included doing 136 episodes of Mad About You over 7 seasons -- then quit acting. She got a Master's in Psychology, and is now a marriage and family therapist.

pictured-leila-kenzle-as-fran-devanow-picture-id138439240

The popular kids show 'Saturday Disney' which ran from 1990-2016 was the starting point in the careers of a number of young actors, journalists and TV presenters, such as Sophie Formica, Shelley Craft and Melanie Symons among others who presented the show over the years.

Many are still in the media today and others work behind the scenes but Lisa Barry, a pretty brunette who appeared on the show from 1992-1997 has vanished into obscurity, her IMDB page listing only a presenting role on a kids' game show in the late 1990s and a small acting role in the early 2000s since then. I wonder whatever happened to her?

Imogen Bailey
Donna Gubbay
Emmanuel Lewis
Justine Bateman
JJ from Good Times
Kirk Cameron
Meryl Bainbridge

In 2014 Kirk Cameron made a movie called 'Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas'. For some reason that I can't figure out, many people such as movie critics and cinema-goers weren't very happy that Kirk Cameron made 'Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas'. I guess there's just no pleasing some people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon his strong religious views would have been responsible for his apparent lack of acting jobs these days.

I reckon his strong religious views would have been responsible for his apparent lack of acting jobs these days.

IIRC he got one actor sacked from Growing Pains because of his strong religious views.

The rest of the cast would never say it, but his religious views is what killed the show and any attempts to make TV movies since.

Australian actress Susan Lyons appeared in quite a lot of TV shows and movies from the 1980s through the 1990s and into the early 2000s, but her credited roles became few and far between in the later part of the 2000s and none after 2010.

I wonder what she is doing now?

Talented young singer Margaret Urlich burst onto the music scene in 1989 with 'Escaping' and enjoyed great success throughout the late 1990s both in Australia and in her native New Zealand. But her fame didn't last into the new millennium. She last released an album in 1999, and information on her career in the 20 years that have passed since then is limited. You rarely hear of her nowadays, I can't remember the last time I heard one of her songs on the radio even though the station I listen to plays lots of Australian music of the 1980s and 1990s.

I wonder what has become of Margaret Urlich today?

Talented young singer Margaret Urlich burst onto the music scene in 1989 with 'Escaping' and enjoyed great success throughout the late 1990s both in Australia and in her native New Zealand. But her fame didn't last into the new millennium. She last released an album in 1999, and information on her career in the 20 years that have passed since then is limited. You rarely hear of her nowadays, I can't remember the last time I heard one of her songs on the radio even though the station I listen to plays lots of Australian music of the 1980s and 1990s.

I wonder what has become of Margaret Urlich today?
A bloke I work with is somewhat obsessed with Margaret. He was saying recently she lives in Far North Queensland I think?

A bloke I work with is somewhat obsessed with Margaret. He was saying recently she lives in Far North Queensland I think?

Thanks Oscarman. I looked up Margaret Urlich online and was surprised to see there was so little about her in the last 20 years. I thought she might work behind the scenes in the music industry as a producer or might be involved in musical theatre, but there was no mention of anything like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back