What happened to......??

Remove this Banner Ad

Phoebe Cates was in a few popular movies in the '80s and early '90s (Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Gremlins, Gremlins 2 and Drop Dead Fred), then pretty much quit acting in 1994, soon after she started having kids with Kevin Kline.

i1XKf9o.jpg

Last edited:

Another one: Maria Pitillo. She was also seemingly on the rise in the '90s, but her career totally bombed after winning a Golden Raspberry for her performance in Godzilla (1998), even though it was a box office success. She's done virtually nothing since 2002 (3 credits).

Godzilla+-+Maria+Pitillo.jpg
Update (i'm such a geek :)): It now says on Pitillo's Wikipedia page that she quit acting several years ago. I reckon Godzilla killed her career. Man, I loved her when I was young.

220px-Maria_Pitillo002.jpg

....... Dean Cain (Lois and Clark......along with the odd "real" movie that has had a limited cinema release, he does an amazing amount of straight-to-dvd and tv films.
Just since the start of 2010, he's done 35 low-budget films!!!!!! Talk about prolific. :p
FMD, Dean Cain still does a LOT of low-budget films, including 8 in 2019

Young Australian actor Brett Stiller had a break-out role in the 2002 movie 'Garage Days' and throughout the 2000s had an impressive number of roles in quite a few TV shows and movies. Since then however he has had just three credited acting roles since 2010, all obscure works one of which was a short and nothing at all since 2015.

Watching the 1986 Australian movie 'Frog Dreaming' tonight and actress Tamsin West came to mind.

She played the role of younger sister Jane in this movie, and in the late 1980s and early 1990s had a number of roles on TV shows, most notably Round The Twist (in which she also sang the theme song) and Neighbours. However after an appearance of forgotten crime drama 'Janus' in 1995, Tamsin West has not had a single credited acting role since then, her only appearances archive footage.

Her IMDB and Wikipedia pages make no mention of what she is doing today at age 48.

Tayler Kane was an Australian actor who was in a number of soaps both here and in the UK, as well as other TV series and movies. If you watched the crime drama series 'Fire' in the mid 1990s, he played Grievous, a firefighter who talked about himself in the third person.

He was also in the underrated and now forgotten Australian comedy film 'You and Your Stupid Mate' in 2005, where he played a soap opera star who is angered by the two slacker main characters when they say his TV catch phrase to him, this setting off a number of flashbacks of similar incidents in his mind.

'You and Your Stupid Mate' turned out to be Kane's last credited acting role. His IMDB and Wikipedia pages make no mention of what has happened to him in 15 years since then. I wonder what became of him?
Played the brilliant Rudi in The Dish also. Very underrated part of a fantastic movie.

Talented young singer Margaret Urlich burst onto the music scene in 1989 with 'Escaping' and enjoyed great success throughout the late 1990s both in Australia and in her native New Zealand. But her fame didn't last into the new millennium. She last released an album in 1999, and information on her career in the 20 years that have passed since then is limited. You rarely hear of her nowadays, I can't remember the last time I heard one of her songs on the radio even though the station I listen to plays lots of Australian music of the 1980s and 1990s.

I wonder what has become of Margaret Urlich today?
Margaret was the female voice on Daryl braithwaite's hit "the horses".

She just passed away of cancer:

Margaret was the female voice on Daryl braithwaite's hit "the horses".

She just passed away of cancer:

I was thinking about this post when I heard of her death today, very sad I didn't know she was sick.

I guess things do happen in threes - Judith Durhum, Olivia Newton-John and now Margaret Urlich all within a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Williams is (was?) an Australian character actor who had was in sketch comedy 'Full Frontal' on Channel 7 from 1993-1997 and played a variety of characters, two of the best known ones Enzo the organized crime boss and Ron, a shonky tradesman con artist. He also starred in the less successful 'Totally Full Frontal' on Channel 10 in 1998 and 1999, and had two prominent roles in the sitcom 'Newlyweds' in 1993 and 1994, and the dramedy 'Something In The Air' in 2000 and 2001. He also appeared in many guest or recurring roles in police, historical and legal dramas, sitcoms, soap operas, comedy-dramas, kids' shows and Australian movies in the 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.

However, after a guest role in City Homicide in 2009, Ross Williams has no further credited acting roles on his IMDB page in 13 years since then and has vanished into obscurity. He doesn't have a Wikipedia page, and a Google search brings up very little apart from the shows he was in and archive footage on Youtube, certainly no information on what he is up to now. His IMDB page lists his date of birth in 1955, there isn't a date of death but IMDB isn't always up to date, so I'm not 100% sure if he is even still alive today. Does anyone know what became of Ross Williams and whether he is still living or has since passed away?

A third Wog Boy movie is being released in early October, Wog Boys Forever, the third in the franchise following 'The Wog Boy' in 1999 and 'Wog Boys 2 - Kings of Mykanos' in 2010. The Wog Boy is among my favourite Aussie films of all time but the sequel was Zoolander 2 sequel level bad. However the third movie from reading about it and watching the trailer does appear to have some thought input into the characters and plot more than the 2010 film, so I will give it a go. Time will tell.

The main premise of the film is that Steve is now a single middle-aged taxi driver just living his life in suburbia and minding his own business when his life is upturned when Breanna Beagle-Thorpe and her younger brother Clayton, the children of the politician antagonist Raelene from the first movie come after Steve hard, seeking revenge for him for destroying their late mother's political career and ruining her reputation.

I was wondering if the kids would be played by the same actors who played them years earlier, but these roles have been recast. The original Breanna was played by an actress named Molly McCaffrey, a talented child/teenage actress from the mid 1990s to the early 2000s who looked and was touted as a potential future star. She had roles in TV shows Blue Heelers, Halifax FP and Good Guys Bad Guys, major roles in other TV shows aimed at younger viewers Ocean Girl, Driven Crazy and Out There. In addition to the Wog Boy she was also in the high profile Ned Kelly film from 2002, and in the early 2000s had a regular role in the soap 'Neighbours'. However after departing Neighbours at the end of 2003, McCaffrey's only credited roles are two small roles in two obscure independent films in 2006 and 2008, and nothing in 14 years since then, with no indication of what she is doing now.

Whatever happened to Molly McCaffrey, who might well have become another international actress like Isla Fisher, Samara Weaving or Margot Robbie, or a well-known Australian-based actress like Libby Tanner, Lisa McCune, Rebecca Gibney or Georgie Parker?

Samantha Barrett, a tall, pretty red-haired young actress from Perth was delighted when she secured the role of Chloe on Home and Away and joined the soap opera in the second half of 2020, as she had always been a big fan of the show and had auditioned a number of times previously without success. Her on-screen debut was in early 2021 (H & A episodes are filmed some months in advance) and young actors doing their H & A 'apprenticeship' usually have a tenure of 3-4 years on the show, although some do stay longer, or depart sooner if a bigger opportunity arises.

However, by March 2022 observers noticed that Sam Barrett was no longer involved in filming at H & A's Palm Beach location north of Sydney, and one of the show's worst kept secrets was finally revealed in July 2022 when her final episodes went to air, in a departure that seemed rushed and unconvincing at best, with the character quickly forgotten after a tenure of just 18 months.

This was only a few months ago and Sam Barrett is still very young so she could easily resurface in another role in coming years but looking up her name online draws a blank as to what she is doing since leaving H & A in March. She isn't listed as filming any movies or other TV shows either within Australia or overseas and hasn't gone into music or modelling from what I could find. I thought that Sam might be a trained singer and dancer as well as an actress and have gone into musical theater but there was no mention of her doing stage work, or of her learning to work behind the scenes in the production of TV shows or movies.

I wonder what has become of Sam Barrett since she departed H & A, and whether she will again work as an actress or if in coming years her name will appear on a list of young actors who seemingly vanished from the face of the Earth after their time on H & A came to an end?

The 2001 teen comedy 'Get Over It' had a high profile cast and was pretty popular at the time of release but faded away from people's memories in subsequent years and two decades later is a forgotten film.

One of the main cast members was Melissa Sagemiller who played Allison, the ex-girlfriend of the main character on whom the main character was pining over before he found love with a new girl. Melissa had quite a number of TV and film roles in the 2000s and into the early 2010s, but no credited roles after 2014 and she has vanished into obscurity since then.

Jonathon Taylor Thomas?

Was the teenage heart throb destined for super stardom and then NTTAWWT! he is gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back