What happened to......??

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Here's another actress whose career fizzed somewhat, after being in a few big or big-ish movies in the '80s and early '90s: Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.
She was in Scarface, The Colour of Money, The Abyss, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Class Action (with Gene Hackman). Since 1992, the only film she's been in that made any money was Perfect Storm.

I assume it's a familiar scenario: they get a bit older, maybe have kids, and probably aren't great enough actors to keep getting top roles as they age.

scarface_al_pacino_brian_de_palma_002_jpg_xvfv.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Here's another actress whose career fizzed somewhat, after being in a few big or big-ish movies in the '80s and early '90s: Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.

I remember last seeing her as the new Lt [or whatever rank she was] in the final season of L&O : Criminal Intent,which is probably 4-5 years ago now

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Ok, Ricardo Tubbs (forget the actors name) from Miami Vice. Edward James and Don Johnson continued to find work and the occasional movie role, but aside from voice work in GTA Vice City (nothing to sneeze at), seems like nothing at all

Phillip Michael Thomas!

From Wikipedia:

Thomas coined the acronym "EGOT", meaning "Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony", in reference to his plans for winning all four. He has not, as yet, been nominated for any of these awards, but has received a People's Choice Award and a Golden Globe nomination.

Lol.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
He's a very insecure individual with his head in the clouds. He got paid $250,000 US for the whole trilogy and bitched about how little money that was.

That does seem rather low, considering he would've been top 3 for screen time after the first movie, with Frodo and Aragorn.

250k for 3 years work, after tax... Yeah. Low balled.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
ha ha, Nah, I only saw a little bit. I think I've only seen it once, so I'm not too familiar with it.
I'm not proud of this, but I know her more from St Elmo's Fire :D
You are starting to bring shame to your family. But you're right, she's done bugger all since the 80's. The mid 80's were her halcyon days.

War Games 1983
Breakfast Club 1985
St Elmo's Fire 1985
Short Circuit 1986

Thx IMDb

emuboy

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2006
The Southern Hemisphere
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Sturt
The 1994 film Muriel's Wedding had a talented cast of young female actresses in major roles.

Toni Collette (Muriel) and Rachel Griffiths (Rhonda) became big stars both in Australia and overseas, while Sophie Lee (Tanya) was already well-known at the time and still is today. Of Tanya's friends, Roz Hammond who played the dim-witted Cheryl has enjoyed a great career in comedy, while Pippa Grandison who played the adulterous Nicole (I can't hear the song 'Waterloo' without imagining the cat fight scene from this film) has had roles on TV and in movies, but has mainly concentrated on musical theatre. However, Tanya had a fourth friend named Janine, played by Belinda Jarrett who had a large role on Home and Away at the time.

Belinda Jarrett's IMDB page lists no credits after Muriel's Wedding, and she has no Wikipedia page. Does anyone know what happened to Belinda Jarrett, who seemed to vanish into obscurity after this film?

Melanie Lynskey aka Rose from 2 and half men.
Also liked her in the shield.
was in a kiwi movie i randomly saw on fox years ago called SHOW OF HANDS.

Back