USA US presidential election 2024: Sleepy Joe v Stable Genius 2.0?

What happens if Joe Biden doesn't seek a second term?

• Kamala Harris becomes the Democratic nominee in 2024

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Someone else becomes the nominee

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This will become an increasingly pertinent consideration from this time next year. If the Democrats try to parachute her into the nomination in 2024, it could be an act of spectacular self-sabotage, effectively handing Trump a shot at another term - or another Republican if Trump doesn't run.

Senior Democrats don't reckon she can maintain the Biden coalition. Trump would be licking his lips.

That detail comes in at 2.00...

Last edited:
She's already a disaster. At least she is taking the shine of Joe's performances. What a double act!
It will be interesting to see polling in 2022 going into 2023. If Harris is unpopular, it may convince Biden to seek re-election.

I wonder if there were plans to this effect already. Kneecap Harris by giving her impossible portfolios so Biden can turn around in 2023 and say "I have to run again or else we risk Trump returning to the WH". Very House of Cards.

It will be interesting to see polling in 2022 going into 2023. If Harris is unpopular, it may convince Biden to seek re-election.

I wonder if there were plans to this effect already. Kneecap Harris by giving her impossible portfolios so Biden can turn around in 2023 and say "I have to run again or else we risk Trump returning to the WH". Very House of Cards.
No way on earth will Biden be president by this time next year, let alone 2024

Can Bernie just run again... :'( :'( :'(
Nah, but in all seriousness although I would love someone from the left, Dems need to go for someone from the center, in order to continue to make gains in TX and FL, because once those go blue it's game over for GOP

Nah, but in all seriousness although I would love someone from the left, Dems need to go for someone from the center, in order to continue to make gains in TX and FL, because once those go blue it's game over for GOP

It would be nice, but unfortunately there’s a huge gap between the too old Bernie and the too young AOC. While there are some lower profile left-wingers around, they’d be coming in with the national profile of Bernie in 2016 rather than in 2020, so there’d be a lot of work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno. Biden is pretty spry, and definitely more with it mentally than Mr. Neurosyphilis who preceded him. Popes regularly run the Catholic Church well into their 80s, Queen Elizabeth is in her 90s, so why shouldn't Biden still be able to be doing the job in 2024? He'd be 81 or 82 I think. Not so ancient these days.

T Money got the most votes of any Republican in history, innit?
So what? Was he running against all the other Republican candidates in history?

You realise that vote totals in elections generally go up every four years, right? That's the overall trajectory. So yeah, of course Trump got more votes than George W. Bush. No kidding. You say it like it's some badge of honour but it's to be expected.

Do you know Biden got more votes than any candidate in history, of either party? OMG massive!

Biden has just been Republican lite
What do you mean by that exactly?

I doubt his progressive base are satisfied.
Biden has a progressive base?

Are you going for a record of how many dumb, baseless comments you can cram into a single short post?

Last edited:
I strongly supported Biden over Trump at the election, but I highly doubt that Biden will run for president in 2024. Surely even he will give it away at that age. Very good points posted above: anointing Kamala Harris with no meaningful competition could backfire on her. However I cannot see the Democrat establishment allowing anyone else to get the 2024 nomination.

I'm smelling that Harris' lower popularity than Biden's, coupled with all the nutcases hating everything he stands for and thinking Trump won 2020, might see Trump returned to the White House at the election.

I don't really know much about her, so could anyone tell me what is Kamala Harris' experiences and achievments? For me it seems she was more a symbolic selection to appeal to the minority vote rather than on merrit

I don't really know much about her, so could anyone tell me what is Kamala Harris' experiences and achievments? For me it seems she was more a symbolic selection to appeal to the minority vote rather than on merrit
She was a DA and AG in California before becoming a senator. It's not like she isn't accomplished but whether she's got what it takes to be president remains a massive question. Her own campaign in 2020 was a complete debacle. So yes her selection as VP was certainly a calculation to bolster the ticket and broaden its appeal but that's not surprising. It's probably true of most VP selections. When Obama was running in 2008, he picked Biden at least partly to reassure white working-class voters.

Last edited:
I strongly supported Biden over Trump at the election, but I highly doubt that Biden will run for president in 2024. Surely even he will give it away at that age. Very good points posted above: anointing Kamala Harris with no meaningful competition could backfire on her. However I cannot see the Democrat establishment allowing anyone else to get the 2024 nomination.

I'm smelling that Harris' lower popularity than Biden's, coupled with all the nutcases hating everything he stands for and thinking Trump won 2020, might see Trump returned to the White House at the election.
If there is polling in 2022-23 showing Trump beating Harris in a 2024 election, there will have to be a rethink. It could become a total shitfight. At that stage, it might not seem unreasonable for Biden to saddle up again.

If the Democrats grow a pair they'll choose AOC.

While on the great man.

Not much point really, DNC will just rig against him again.

Back