Prediction What happens next? - Collingwood after Ed

Do you reckon it will be good thing or a bad thing that will be no succession plan now?

• Bad thing - if we could have had an orderly handover, that would have been best for the club

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Good thing - clean slate, new beginnings

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With our President having stood down effective immediately, what will happen next?

We have two Vice Presidents, Waitslitz and Korda, which one will now be the acting President? Given that Waitslitz has been by Ed’s side along the whole journey, will he continue to serve on the board?

How will this affect the process of determining a new President?

This has put an end to the succession plan, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Poll above 👆

Last edited:
McGuire would have already played a part in seeking a replacement. Also if the incoming president comes from outside the board the smart thing to do would be to chat to McGuire about what’s involved first.

He might no longer hold the title, but I don’t think that will diminish his influence on the appointment of the next president.

I would like to see both VPs go as well. No need to rush into board replacements, in fact it would be good to trim the board down a bit.

I would think Waislitz will stand down from vice president at least... he might even see it as a good time to go back to his main interests.

Korda might see it as an opportunity to show the faithful that he deserves being elected in next time.

I think it largely depends on who lead today’s announcement from a board perspective. I think we’re about to see where the new power of the Collingwood football club resides and it will be Murphy that steps up.

Cleaning house Antz so he’ll need a very impressive season and probably to “re-apply” for the role. None of Ed’s “he’s the incumbent and he’s doing well so we extend his contract”. His odds of surviving took a hit today and I’d be surprised if he sees out the year.

Where does this put Nathan Buckley? Obviously, if we have a mediocre season he will be gone?
Same position he is now, team preforms he ok, not, then we are getting a replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the pass mark for a Buckley extension has increased. I think he'd almost need a prelim final to justify it at the moment.

Other way I reckon. I think the pass mark has probably been lowered. Finals would do it.

If we have a poor(ish) year, Bucks will be able to speak to the leaking of the report, McGuire going, lots of change generally and say that those are the reasons we have suffered poorer on-field performance.

Bring democracy to the club. Real elections, real board tickets.

Not overly keen on some of those board members - Waitslitz and Holgate - and others who have held long tenures at the club and did nothing about the systemic racism and boys club culture.

Would be great to get some diversity on the board - not only in terms of ethnicity and gender, but also professional background. We shouldn't just have a corporate board of wealthy execs - it should reflect all walks, including academics, artists etc.

Anyone here want to put their hand up?

Problem is he is an Eddie Man and Mates with him
So, Eddie knows so many people it will be hard to find someone he does not know.
If Murphy is the best qualified replacement, that’s all that matters.
Eddie is gone like you wanted, move on

Last edited:
I think the pass mark for a Buckley extension has increased. I think he'd almost need a prelim final to justify it at the moment.
With what happened this off season, my guess finals, playing good footy.
But really we are all guessing

Reading any social media or even watching abc news today, you'd assume that Collingwood has been a front for the nazi party. I'm very scared we are witnessing the last days of Collingwood.

That might be seen as over the top by some, but some of the viewpoints being presented (not just on social media but by credible news outlets) seem incredibly aggressive and pointed towards Collingwood. Whoever comes in needs to act swiftly or we'll find ourselves losing sponsorship and supporters rapidly.

Back