Club Focus Western Bulldogs 2020 - Hannan, Martin, Treloar, Ugle-Hagan, Bedendo

AFL Club Focus

What should the Western Bulldogs prioritise this off-season?

• Getting more draft points to match a bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Getting an early pick before a bid comes for JUH

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Managing the age profile

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Managing the salary cap

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Western Bulldogs club focus thread

You can shift it, but you need to trade your 2021/1 this year to do so.
Yes that’s what’s been discussed with the Pies and Derek Hine raised it as well. They want to get another first this year. Seems to be favored trade on our board. A lot to play out though, big difference between 11 and 18 so depends on how far we go as we would need seconds and third to be involved as well.

Last edited:
Are parents serious with these names?!
Was a popular name with college and nba players in the mid to late 90’s and early 00’s.

I see a lot of parents my age (mid to late 40’s), who give their kids African American names that were popular when they would have been at uni and watching nba, nfl, etc.

Was a popular name with college and nba players in the mid to late 90’s and early 00’s.

I see a lot of parents my age (mid to late 40’s), who give their kids African American names that were popular when they would have been at uni and watching nba, nfl, etc.

Reef, or Shareef (which is a proper name, usually for people of Islamic faith)?

The only college or NBA player from that era with a similar name that I can think of is Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If crouch leaves will the contract be big enough to get them pick 2?
Not sure yet. Needs to be around 700-800k for multiple years. Basically what Rocky got at Port.
The AFL told Brisbane they missed out on Band 1 compo because he was one year older. Crouch is one year younger than Rocky was when he signed with Port.
It's going to be interesting. The Crows will in no way accept a second rounder for him. Won't happen.
So if the offer isn't going to get Band 1 the Crows will absolutely match, and force a trade.
Then Geelong are going to have to give up a first for him.
It's in Geelongs interest to make sure the offer is too good for us to match, which would then get us a Band 1.
How much value do Geelong put on a first round pick?

Not sure yet. Needs to be around 700-800k for multiple years. Basically what Rocky got at Port.
The AFL told Brisbane they missed out on Band 1 compo because he was one year older. Crouch is one year younger than Rocky was when he signed with Port.
It's going to be interesting. The Crows will in no way accept a second rounder for him. Won't happen.
So if the offer isn't going to get Band 1 the Crows will absolutely match, and force a trade.
Then Geelong are going to have to give up a first for him.
It's in Geelongs interest to make sure the offer is too good for us to match, which would then get us a Band 1.
How much value do Geelong put on a first round pick?
Most likely will be end of first round compensation.

For dogs to make finals and get the top player in the draft would be a great outcome for the dogs fans and barely anyone would care about the points. Dogs fans know after last trade period that they have a competent team that can work something out.

If he’s going to get bid on at 2 anyway I’d almost rather you bid and we get the number 1 pick and all the hope/attention that goes with it.
A lot really depends on how far we go in finals. It wasn’t that long ago that we were in a small slump and it looked like we’d maybe have a pick in the top 10 to dangle. If we go much further in finals there’s not that much we can do with it. Getting another first next year is very appealing in what is projected as a very good draft.
There is 500 points different between 1 and 2. It’s a big difference where the bid comes. Dogs are really hoping the bid is 2.

Back