What have you come to accept over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not wasteful but firmly in the fuel is fuel, you have to pay for it camp. Nothing more boring than people who think talking about how much they paid for fuel is a genuine topic of conversation.

how about that weather?

Paying for takeaway/cafe food while at work is a very big expenditure item that I've noticed few people seem to care about. Yet there'd be some people who would pay conservatively $3,000 a year just on meals they consume at work. That's insane.

I reckon I've come across folks who would get close to that just on coffee. Large example at $4.75. One on the train, another at mid morning. 230 odd working days - so we're already above $2k. The odd extra one at lunch and there's $3k.

WFH - I'm buying 1kg of beans for $30. Lasting me about six weeks.

Not it's the majority that ruin it. They are the idiots that need Governments to run their lives because the dolts can't plan it out themselves.

Like the tools who have kids then expect the rest of society and Governments to help pay and look after them.
By subsidising their private schools and turning a blind eye to their trust funds ?

I reckon I've come across folks who would get close to that just on coffee. Large example at $4.75. One on the train, another at mid morning. 230 odd working days - so we're already above $2k. The odd extra one at lunch and there's $3k.

WFH - I'm buying 1kg of beans for $30. Lasting me about six weeks.

I talked about a person i know before and how they just waste money and now complain they cant afford rent or get their own house, well no s**t, you have been at uni for years and spend money on food all week - at least 2 or 3 coffees a day, brunch/lunch at least 5 times from cafe's a week and dinner a few times a week at restaurants - they love to instagram this s**t

Unless you have a super fund that has divested from fossil fuel companies, then petrol prices are a bit like bank fees: you're losing a bit of cash in the short term, but probably have stocks in an investment that will benefit you in the long term.

Paying for takeaway/cafe food while at work is a very big expenditure item that I've noticed few people seem to care about. Yet there'd be some people who would pay conservatively $3,000 a year just on meals they consume at work. That's insane.

I used to bring my lunch a lot more when i was chained to a desk but I'm out on the road a lot, often makes it harder to take my lunch. i can if i do a bit more planning but harder to keep things cool or warm it up later on.

I seem to remember Off The Couch said there was some way of doing it but I'm assuming she's a witch of some sort.

My method I believe was to roll it into a ball, open cupboard, shove it in and slam shut.

I am though happy to wear the /itch title

My method I believe was to roll it into a ball, open cupboard, shove it in and slam shut.

I am though happy to wear the /itch title
Thats the preferred method here to
My wife still likes to go through the pantomime of pretending to fold it first

You came close, but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now.

And the price of takeaways!!!! Jesus! The last time I semi-regularly bought food, lunch with a coffee was reliably under ten bucks. Just drove to Sydney and back and the average, dead ordinary, meal from Maccas/HJs/7-11 was $15-$17. And breakfast at an early morning truck cafe was nearly $20. Is this just a coronavirus thing or have prices inexorably risen over the last five years?

I've lived abroad in numerous continents and countless countries. Whilst Australia has its share of problems it's by far the best country in the world and it's not even close (i'm an immigrant btw).

Loving that Avatar by the way ....That's one deep thinking tortured soul right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've lived abroad in numerous continents and countless countries. Whilst Australia has its share of problems it's by far the best country in the world and it's not even close (i'm an immigrant btw).

That has been my take from traveling as well.

While other countries and cities in the world might be more interesting in terms of history and culture, I still think Australia is the best country to live in.

• Things are very rarely black or white, its more complicated than you think.
  • The simple life is the best life.
  • Prioritizing career or money over family is almost always a terrible decision.
  • Everything you love will come to an end. My relationships, loved ones, friends, pets, sports, bands, that favorite coffee mug you have. Enjoy the time you have with them. It's all temporary.
  • Personal happiness comes from helping others and sharing in their joy.
  • Get your s**t together before criticizing others.
  • Most of the worlds problems are due to blind materialism and wanting more. Consumerism has replaced morality and spirituality to a large degree.
  • There is genuine evil in the world
  • You can do everything right and still fail. Life has a nasty habit of hitting you from your blind-spot (it's a real son of a bitch)
I was hoping with your avatar your list would be more like:
  • Embrace the will to power. Be a master, never a slave
  • Not all supermen wear capes
  • If you are visiting women, do not forget your whip! (this is an actual quote from the man)
  • Underneath all facts and stable norms is a history of the bloodiest violence
  • Embrace your sexual, emotional, loose side. Rationality isn't everything.
  • Syphillis is no good

You came close, but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now.

And the price of takeaways!!!! Jesus! The last time I semi-regularly bought food, lunch with a coffee was reliably under ten bucks. Just drove to Sydney and back and the average, dead ordinary, meal from Maccas/HJs/7-11 was $15-$17. And breakfast at an early morning truck cafe was nearly $20. Is this just a coronavirus thing or have prices inexorably risen over the last five years?

s**t takeaway (the big chains mostly) in Australia isn't cheap. It occupies a weird spot in the market where it's almost the same price as a lot of other stuff but considerably shitter. For the price of a Macca's meal these days you can get a lot better. It's not the US where they practically give away rubbish processed food for nothing.

s**t takeaway (the big chains mostly) in Australia isn't cheap. It occupies a weird spot in the market where it's almost the same price as a lot of other stuff but considerably shitter. For the price of a Macca's meal these days you can get a lot better. It's not the US where they practically give away rubbish processed food for nothing.

I dont mind the value boxes at Maccas - we can get a meal for 4 of us for around $30 which is ok.
Pizza costs around $25 to feed a family of 4
Fish n Chips costs around $35-50 for a family of 4 depending on what we get (i like a souva, she likes a burger - theres $20 already)
Chinese/Thai/Indian would be $50 at a minimum i reckon.

Can see why we dont do takeaway too often - once or twice a month id reckon.

You're way better off going to a food court than Mackers if you're getting take away for quality and price.

How about Maccies?

nFH2fD7.jpeg

Nobody actually listens when you're talking about something.

They are just thinking of what they are gonna say and then waiting to say it.

Most the time now I dont bother and the times I do I find myself fading away due to feeling like the person isnt really listening.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back