What have you come to accept over the years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest hit of golf I've ever had was when me and a bunch of rugby mates teed off at a golf course we stayed at on an end of season trip.

The aim of the game was to hit the ball as hard and as far as you could, getting it near the hole didn't matter that much.

One bloke did a run up tee shot at the first hole and sliced it like a Steve Waugh square drive through the bushes and cleaned up an old lady on the 18th.

I was the Geoff Ogilvy of rugby golfers went down and up 10 over par, my short game saved me.

Nobody actually listens when you're talking about something.

They are just thinking of what they are gonna say and then waiting to say it.

Most the time now I dont bother and the times I do I find myself fading away due to feeling like the person isnt really listening.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

This. Also everybody has generally made up their minds about something in advance and attempting to change their POV is a waste of time. It is actually fascinating how people do make up their minds/come to a position but it isn't rational argument and considering the facts.

Also for the above I accept we actually have less free will then we think. We are an animal driven by impulses, hormones, brain chemistry and conditioning. We do what feels right then intellectualise to justify what we wanted to do anyway 80-90% of the time i reckon.

Same with financial counsellor.

Took all my info in and sat there for ages and in the end he just goes "you're in trouble you should move back in with your parents"

No financial help.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fact is sometimes no advice is better than s**t advice. Reason financial advisers are mostly crap is they are used to dealing with and looking at ways to improve peoples capital and using money. Completely useless in terms of advice on how to make it in the first place.

Did lol at your post. (Not making light of your situation just a spot on observation)

Wow, if this thread isn’t a window into the bleak souls of BF posters. I’m gonna buck the trend and go with a little positivity.

The world is going to try and define you but you aren’t your f***in car. You aren’t your f***in job. You are in more control of your life than you think. Surround yourself with people who will allow you be you and the rest won’t matter.

As far as advice goes this is pretty good.

.Government is just like business - all about the bottom dollar. Except its worse because they get their money from other people's hard work under the guise of taxes,fines etc etc
. People come and go in your life and there isn't much you can do about it
. Money doesn't bring happiness. Once you have the basics, any other happiness brought is temporary
. Literally everyone has their own issues and not many people are completely at peace with who they are
. Barring family and close mates, people will just use you when you have value to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In most workplaces, companies put profits at the expense of commonsense.

They are not employee friendly despite their lame social justice policies just to look good.
I've been looking at job sites so much lately that it's easy to work out what each statement means

Fast paced environment- you'll be put into a shitstorm
Lots of opportunities for progression- they will use that line to try and pay you less with the false promises of promotions and development
Work close to home- we won't bother hiring you if you don't live close
Benefits include onsite parking- if not having to pay to park at work is the biggest benefit don't even bother
Need a can do attitude - you're going to be given a lot of work which isn't specified in your role

Applying for a specific role only to discover it's a labour hire company and they just use your life history to pad their numbers to potential clients and the chances of the job you applied for actually existing is pretty much zero.

same with the education and health department here advertising for teachers and nurses for their graduate pools - there are no jobs. All it does is provide false hope

Thousands of graduates out of work and it’s about to get worse with workers nearing retirement staying longer because their super got smashed

Last edited:
Only poor people/the insanely rich say money doesn't buy happiness.

I dunno. I know people with plenty of money and people with hardly any and there is absolutely no correlation in terms of happiness.

I've also worked in some pretty impoverished parts of the world an in general, they are happier and more content with their lives than the people I know in Australia.

Suicide, depression, etc also appears to be much more prevalent in richer countries.

Also, people who 'make it' and achieve massive financial goals (and even life goals) are often pretty unhappy individuals in my experience. All their life they believed if they just accomplished this or that or earnt this or that they would be happy. When they get there, they realise they feel the same they always did and usually go through a big period of disillusionment.

Have you encountered much of the opposite?

I dunno. I know people with plenty of money and people with hardly any and there is absolutely no correlation in terms of happiness.

I've also worked in some pretty impoverished parts of the world an in general, they are happier and more content with their lives than the people I know in Australia.

Suicide, depression, etc also appears to be much more prevalent in richer countries.

Also, people who 'make it' and achieve massive financial goals (and even life goals) are often pretty unhappy individuals in my experience. All their life they believed if they just accomplished this or that or earnt this or that they would be happy. When they get there, they realise they feel the same they always did and usually go through a big period of disillusionment.

I find in Australia there is always more 'wanting'. Probably because most of what one wants is somewhat achievable.

Money is a part of it as you need it to survive.

But a lot of depression comes when people are not their authentic selves and can't be true to themselves. And a lot of that is out of their control. Add in a genetic component and things can fall to s**t. Plus we are a social animal and pack mentality eventuates so things slide easily.

Seen plenty of people in asia without the things we have, and they smile and are happy. "poor" to the naked eye.

then again, plenty of wealthy people are happy too.

I dont think there's a direct link between money and happiness.

but i know people who by their own words are "poor", and do live by the "money doesnt buy happiness".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back