What I hate about Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Having finally escaped Melbourne to be back in the fine state of SA, I'm stoked. I'd take living in SA over living in Vic. every day of the week.

That said there's 3 things especially that I'll have to get used to again that I hate.

1. A shitbox stadium in the middle of nowhere. Footy Park doesn't even have a hundred years of history and tradition to make up for its second rate facilities and location.
2. Country town shopping hours. Why is there still the view that needing more staff as shops are open longer going to cost jobs? :confused: I miss Coles/Woolworths being open till 6am - midnight so you could drop in and do shopping after the movies, or buy something at 8am on a sunday. I'm surprised a referendum on scrapping daylight saving as it causes the curtains to fade isn't on the books.
3. The general objections from assorted nutjobs and their political supporters everytime something larger then a corner store is proposed. Other states mocking SA as a backwater hit the nail on the head. Not all progress is good, but here the view is all too often all progress is bad.

Flame away :)

Road closures for the Tour Down Under and Clipsal.

The Tour Down Under in general (not a fan of the event).

Public transport system.

I would like to add some

4. Territorial driving. People driving at 50 in the right lane because they might maybe want to turn right in 30 blocks time. People straddling lanes. People slipping into the fast lane to drive at the same speed and clog traffic, because they can see someone gaining on them in their mirror.
5. Trams. Seriously, what the ****. The city is rubbish to get around now.
6. The amount of crap footy journalism we get from Melbourne. In Sydney its virtually non-existent, so thats fine and a bit of a non-factor. No wonder we hate Victorians.
6a. Rebecca Wilson's column in the Sunday Mail. She is rubbish, and has about as much knowledge of football as I do of women's basketball.

Too many old people. Just die already!

The preservation of the parklands - I could understand it if they were really nice, like Melbournes gardens, but they're not. They are dangerous, dry, ugly pieces of scrub. Do them up or develop them.

Adelaide summers. Too hot. For too long.

The redneck, insular, bogan culture you find in the far north and far south.

The Adelaide Crows.

1. Heat waves
2. No rain for months
3. Infuriatingly biased local media outlets
4. Lack of development in the CBD and fringe due to minority interests buying power.

There are far more things I love than hate about our fine city though. We are overwhelmingly NIMBY's in this state though.

I sincerely hoping your joking. If your not joking, your pathetic.

Remember, you'll get old one day to Morell.

My grandmother is 84 and Im not looking forward to the day she passes away.
Certainly poorly worded and really aimed at the wrong people, but if his intent was to complain the population is too old compared to the rest of australia - he's right.

Only it's not the older folks to blame (my gran is 94 and I'm not looking forward to her passing away either), it's the NIMBY's making the eastern states (and now WA) look so much more exciting to the young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I sincerely hoping your joking. If your not joking, your pathetic.

Remember, you'll get old one day to Morell.

My grandmother is 84 and Im not looking forward to the day she passes away.
No I am serious. Anyone over 60 should be put into the desert and left there.

I'm 49, do you mean I have to trot off, "Soylent Green" like?
nah, you have got a few years left, old timer.

MannumPower, ........... that's 'interesting'

but why tell me???????????:confused:

ooops this country lifestyle must be getting to me :thumbsu:, it was meant for Andre

Brad Symes' mum.

i saw that in the paper today. "the only time i wore port colours was on the grand final and even then i ended up supporting geelong".

That is the absolute definition of a bad mother, even G.Cornes wanted port to win when his sons played in 04 and 07.

No wonder brad left with that barking in his ear.

Public Transoprt, it is seriously terrible! The tram is a good thing but inconveniances to many people who aren't used to it! The ammount of knockers of progress really gets me down sometimes! To much herritage, to much History! Its all BULLSHIT! We will be a back warter untill someone wants to step outside the Adelaide box! The bloke who said they dont like the Tour Down Under brings in tourist and helps the little towns survive! What else rings in Tourists? Adelaide Fringe and WomAdelaide? its not enough!

5. The lack of grammar, spelling and punctuation taught in our schools.

Increase the education budget so teachers (especially in primary school) can teach smaller class sizes in there class rooms and increase the levels of authority given to them so they can discipline the trouble makers and the standard of education will increase.

Currently their are way too many students in the classroom for effective teaching principals to be implemented and the students that need a little bit more one on one attention; there time is getting taken away by the disruptive student that don’t want to be there.

But let’s spend a Billion (or even Two Hundred and Fifty Million) dollars on a sports stadium – South Australia the backwater capital of the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back