Feedback What I hate about BigFooty - 10 years on

Remove this Banner Ad

can't say simple things like rtarded, sid and butt.hurt because of supersensitivity in the world

Threads get locked down when they're actually providing really good comedy.
You should check out the 'Indian Fans Cricket Forum', probably one of the biggest sports forums in the world and it's no holes barred when it comes to swearing, quite refreshing actually, the mods are awesome and actually take the time to PM you if they have a problem before banning you, unlike here.

Not only that but have you tried to be critical of the club you support on your own board? Pretty much get attacked by most fans (unless that’s just the Geelong board - has been for about 3 years now).

I can assure you that it's not just the Geelong board.

The other day, I had some dickhead suggest that the Freo board was for supporters implying I wasn't one for daring to suggest a bold prediction for 2018 was for Freo to average 85 points a game.

Seriously though, if you have a different opinion, you get ostracised very quickly and you don't see the point in posting on the team board.

-Like whoring on the main board, it's gotten to the point where there are no serious responses left
-The fact that 95% of this websites population is unable to discern obvious bait
-Imbecilic biased supporters
-Repetitive, hackneyed memes that were never funny to begin with
-Everybody trying to look intelligent by pretending to like bland commentators and journalists, instead of people like BT and Robbo
-Gameday threads. The morons that post in them are too stupid to analyse the match, so they just bash the umpires because they haven't been paying attention to any rule changes for the past 25 years
-Footscray supporters
-Richmond supporters
-Geelong supporters
-Hawthorn supporters
-North supporters
-Rivalries that are based on NOTHING like Adelaide/Port, North/Dogs, Dogs/Saints that derail threads
-Mods with no sense of humor. Its an internet forum ffs, who the * cares ?

-Like whoring on the main board, it's gotten to the point where there are no serious responses left
-The fact that 95% of this websites population is unable to discern obvious bait
-Everybody trying to look intelligent by pretending to like bland commentators and journalists, instead of people like BT and Robbo
-Gameday threads. The morons that post in them are too stupid to analyse the match, so they just bash the umpires because they haven't been paying attention to any rule changes for the past 25 years
-Footscray supporters
-Richmond supporters
-Geelong supporters
-Hawthorn supporters
-North supporters
-Rivalries that are based on NOTHING like Adelaide/Port, North/Dogs, Dogs/Saints that derail threads
-Mods with no sense of humor. Its an internet forum ffs, who the **** cares ?
Yaheay trolled and trolls united. they are black and w... bitted.. um hate. um this is getting silly... it won't let me be white.and black.. oh there you go.

That it exists purely to belittle one teams premiership success. For the unsuccessful to bring the winners down to their level, not to push up to the higher tier with them.
"Fluke!" "Luck!" "Injuries" "Soft draw!" "Umpires!" "Home ground advantage!"
This is it for me too. Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry but its actually far more enjoyable to appreciate good footy no matter who is playing it. To celebrate great players even if they don't play for your team. Many years ago when I played you never made excuses for losing and congratulated your opponent and shook hands, obviously the players still do this but this kind of attitude carried over to supporting as well. People seem to have gotten so petty and just plain mean and I'm sure it sucks the enjoyment out of their own lives too.

The rest of your post is reasonable but I'm afraid not everyone enjoys the blokey, loud opinionated types in the media. Its just difference in taste.

Posters thinking their teams flags count (or recent flag success) somehow validates their opinion and intelligence on anything

Most are fine. But some are the absolute worst

Some of the most well rounded posts - and indeed posters - have come from success-starved clubs. Then there’s a handful of saint fans whose anti-freo and anti-Ross Lyon agenda ruins that stereotype for the rest of them

LOL.

Well, at least you’re not a hypocrite. Nobody could ever accuse you of ‘trying to look intelligent’.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only that but have you tried to be critical of the club you support on your own board? Pretty much get attacked by most fans (unless that’s just the Geelong board - has been for about 3 years now).
Ours is a bit sensitive to criticism too. You can if you've established your credentials as supporter by your posting history first.
The Crows and the Eagles board seem to be more critical of their club than most, not sure that says about culture.

Ha, pretty much the opposite on the Swans board. Criticising the club is the cool thing to do.

Ha, pretty much the opposite on the Swans board. Criticising the club is the cool thing to do.
I suspect swings and roundabouts with this. Hawthorn is a pretty optimistic and sometimes anti-negative board. That suits me because I’m pretty positive with footy.

The reality is that negative voices will be “more heard” when times are bad and positive voices will be heard when times are good.

The worst periods are the ones where people have justified high expectations that aren’t met - that’s you guys now and Hawthorn 2009-2012. The Geelong losses were where we really lost our collective s**t and I suspect (actually I know if I’m honest re a bit of lurking) that losses to Hawthorn are the ultimate melt button for you guys

We also hate losing to the Bombers so round one last year was very very melty

Constructive criticism never goes astray. The toys out of the cot s**t is unbearable but footy is pretty emotional I spose

-Footscray supporters
-Richmond supporters
-Geelong supporters
-Hawthorn supporters
-North supporters
-Mods with no sense of humor. Its an internet forum ffs, who the **** cares ?
Your last point about not caring is a bit of a contradiction since it's following all this points about things that annoy you;)

I suspect swings and roundabouts with this. Hawthorn is a pretty optimistic and sometimes anti-negative board. That suits me because I’m pretty positive with footy.

The reality is that negative voices will be “more heard” when times are bad and positive voices will be heard when times are good.

The worst periods are the ones where people have justified high expectations that aren’t met - that’s you guys now and Hawthorn 2009-2012. The Geelong losses were where we really lost our collective s**t and I suspect (actually I know if I’m honest re a bit of lurking) that losses to Hawthorn are the ultimate melt button for you guys

We also hate losing to the Bombers so round one last year was very very melty

Constructive criticism never goes astray. The toys out of the cot s**t is unbearable but footy is pretty emotional I spose

If we'd won four flags in the last decade life would be all sunshine and lollipops.

Soon these right wing nuts will start yelling COMMI! HE'S A BLOODY COMMI!, GET HIM BOYS!!!!
And dig up the s**t human being that was John Wayne to start informing and ruin peoples lives because they don't
believe in endless greed, crony capitalism or consumerism.
hotbed for left-wing activism
Let's not fly off the handle and get too hysterical.

reductio ad ridiculum

I'm sure you're being lined up for a moderator position with that display picture of yours.

The Crows and the Eagles board seem to be more critical of their club than most, not sure that says about culture.

Interesting that those are the two clubs who gave you that impression. I guess when you have your home state’s media ensuring you that all your young players are the next <insert superstar here> and that you’re a shoo-in to win the flag every year, you can get a bit antsy when those expectations aren’t met.

How much of a troll-fest the game day threads can be. Just the same few in there week after week looking to rubbish your team or those who play for it, any way they can.

I second this wholeheartedly but would also say that St Kilda supporters are the worst in Freo game day threads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back