What I Reckon with Tony Lynn 15 - Closing Down Sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As always, excellent thread, TL.
I’ll tell you what I reckon... Doc going down again proves how cruel this game can be.
Before Doc’s injury, I had us winning the flag. That’s right, I said winning the flag. Now I know one player can’t make or break a season, but Doc brings an intangible to our side that somehow makes every one of his teammates that little bit better. His loss, as shown last season, is an awful blow to the Carlton Football Club.

Therefore, I’m not as confident about bagging our 17th premiership in 2019, but stranger things have happened.

“I reckon” at a minimum, we win a final in 2019. Go Blues!
Hey Coach, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I’m afraid you have woken up the day before 2019, and not 1999. Craig Bradley, Stephen Silvagni, Brett Ratten, Anthony Koutafides, and Aaro Hamil no longer play for us.

Last edited:

I am no mod but I am certain if we stick to the site rules and behave we should be fine.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always reckon Holyfield had him.

Pre and post jail Tyson.

Wasn’t a KO fighter, but would still front for Round 12.

Was Holyfield who took the title Douglas won for sitting Tyson on his arse.
Put Buster on his backside about 9 months later.
Holyfield was too good a boxer for Tyson, pre, post and everyday in between.

Was Holyfield who took the title Douglas won for sitting Tyson on his arse.
Put Buster on his backside about 9 months later.
Holyfield was too good a boxer for Tyson, pre, post and everyday in between.

Ear or no ear ….. still a 10 x better boxer technically. Problem is … Tyson had one punch brawling knock out power which made him very unpredictable. But definitely NOT the better boxer.

Ear or no ear ….. still a 10 x better boxer technically. Problem is … Tyson had one punch brawling knock out power which made him very unpredictable. But definitely NOT the better boxer.

Holyfield had to add 10 pounds to go from light heavy to heavyweight don’t forget.

Tyson was a pit bull.

Killer left hook, literally hopped at opponents to start the Round.

Beat chumps like Berbick (who fought Ali, trivia fans), Spinks and various other potato sacks.

Was his own worst enemy.

If the magical dreamland fight v Ali was ever mooted, Ali would have given him a lesson.

Holyfield had to add 10 pounds to go from light heavy to heavyweight don’t forget.

Tyson was a pit bull.

Killer left hook, literally hopped at opponents to start the Round.

Beat chumps like Berbick (who fought Ali, trivia fans), Spinks and various other potato sacks.

Was his own worst enemy.

If the magical dreamland fight v Ali was ever mooted, Ali would have given him a lesson.

That Tyson in close right rip to the body followed by the right uppercut that lifted you outta ya boots was the stuff of nightmares.

I still wonder what he could have been if he didn’t lose D’Amato. Beginning of the end for him I believe.

That Tyson in close right rip to the body followed by the right uppercut that lifted you outta ya boots was the stuff of nightmares.

I still wonder what he could have been if he didn’t lose D’Amato. Beginning of the end for him I believe.

Cus was his father figure, no doubt.

By 1991, through misdrection from his so-called entourage, he thought and believed he was invincible.

The very hard trick was to stop him coming forward, if you could last 3 rounds, use your smarts and get him fighting off the back ropes, he’d tire fighting with longer hits.

That was the theory.

I still have Tyson at his peak beating the Ali who beat Foreman but then I never saw Ali at his physical peak in '64 or '65 v Patterson or Ali v Liston (remember Ali turned pro in 1960!!). From all accounts he could not only outbox his opponents he could land heavier blows even against some of the hammer hands of the time.

He'd been a pro for 15 years when he fought Foreman and was not the champ.

FWIW Tyson has said a number of times that Ali would have beaten him.

On the eve of the 2019 season one of the Carlton boards greatest sons is coming home. Tony Lynn 15.

After a few seasons in the wilderness I am back with a thread that promises to offer everything for everyone. This will be a place to drop in throughout the season and give us your thoughts, feedback and get something off your chest. I hope to have some old friends join me in here as well as make plenty of new friends. KohPhi, TheCoach16 and ctacp will be regulars in here as we dissect the Carlton Football Club and all its goings on. This will be your talk back line for season 2019.

After each game and during the pre season I will be offering my thoughts, ‘What I reckon’.

To start with What I Reckon for 2019 is that there are no more excuses. I am not suggesting the Blues will be a finals contender but there can no longer be any excuses for any player or for the club. You are on the list and it is time to show us what you are made of. So what I reckon is blokes like Liam Jones, Darcy Lang, Jarrod Garlett and David Cuningham need to start showing more than just a glimpse of potential, they need to become regular contributors to the senior team. We have enough top notch draftees but our long term success will come from the lesser credentialed players on our list. For the club, as supporters we all accept and respect the re build but in my opinion 2019 can't be about this anymore. We need to start seeing progress and results.

I encourage everyone to drop by and leave your thoughts, positive or negative about where we are at and what you reckon are the current issues or building blocks for the future.

Go Blues!!
Appreciate your input tony. Onwards and upwards (hopefully) and I agree with your thoughts here. It’s now or never for those boys you mentioned. If they all come on watch out...
There was no real progress team wise in 2018, there was some individual player progress though. If we see more player growth the cohesion will come.
Go Blues..

Another thing I reckon is.... Bigfooty just shot itself in the foot...I can see Talking Carlton reaping the benefits
This is ghastly and totally unnecessary
Except the content ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back