What I Reckon with Tony Lynn 15 - Closing Down Sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the eve of the 2019 season one of the Carlton boards greatest sons is coming home. Tony Lynn 15.

After a few seasons in the wilderness I am back with a thread that promises to offer everything for everyone. This will be a place to drop in throughout the season and give us your thoughts, feedback and get something off your chest. I hope to have some old friends join me in here as well as make plenty of new friends. KohPhi, TheCoach16 and ctacp will be regulars in here as we dissect the Carlton Football Club and all its goings on. This will be your talk back line for season 2019.

After each game and during the pre season I will be offering my thoughts, ‘What I reckon’.

To start with What I Reckon for 2019 is that there are no more excuses. I am not suggesting the Blues will be a finals contender but there can no longer be any excuses for any player or for the club. You are on the list and it is time to show us what you are made of. So what I reckon is blokes like Liam Jones, Darcy Lang, Jarrod Garlett and David Cuningham need to start showing more than just a glimpse of potential, they need to become regular contributors to the senior team. We have enough top notch draftees but our long term success will come from the lesser credentialed players on our list. For the club, as supporters we all accept and respect the re build but in my opinion 2019 can't be about this anymore. We need to start seeing progress and results.

I encourage everyone to drop by and leave your thoughts, positive or negative about where we are at and what you reckon are the current issues or building blocks for the future.

Go Blues!!

On the eve of the 2019 season one of the Carlton boards greatest sons is coming home. Tony Lynn 15.

After a few seasons in the wilderness I am back with a thread that promises to offer everything for everyone. This will be a place to drop in throughout the season and give us your thoughts, feedback and get something off your chest. I hope to have some old friends join me in here as well as make plenty of new friends. KohPhi, TheCoach16 and ctacp will be regulars in here as we dissect the Carlton Football Club and all its goings on. This will be your talk back line for season 2019.

After each game and during the pre season I will be offering my thoughts, ‘What I reckon’.

To start with What I Reckon for 2019 is that there are no more excuses. I am not suggesting the Blues will be a finals contender but there can no longer be any excuses for any player or for the club. You are on the list and it is time to show us what you are made of. So what I reckon is blokes like Liam Jones, Darcy Lang, Jarrod Garlett and David Cuningham need to start showing more than just a glimpse of potential, they need to become regular contributors to the senior team. We have enough top notch draftees but our long term success will come from the lesser credentialed players on our list. For the club, as supporters we all accept and respect the re build but in my opinion 2019 can't be about this anymore. We need to start seeing progress and results.

I encourage everyone to drop by and leave your thoughts, positive or negative about where we are at and what you reckon are the current issues or building blocks for the future.

Go Blues!!
Perfect timing, we have the cattle now we want the game plan to fit our cattle. Over to you Mr Bolton and team.

Go Blues!!
As always, excellent thread, TL.
I’ll tell you what I reckon... Doc going down again proves how cruel this game can be.
Before Doc’s injury, I had us winning the flag. That’s right, I said winning the flag. Now I know one player can’t make or break a season, but Doc brings an intangible to our side that somehow makes every one of his teammates that little bit better. His loss, as shown last season, is an awful blow to the Carlton Football Club.

Therefore, I’m not as confident about bagging our 17th premiership in 2019, but stranger things have happened.

“I reckon” at a minimum, we win a final in 2019. Go Blues!

• Banned
I’ll tell you what I reckon... Doc going down again proves how cruel this game can be.
Before Doc’s injury, I had us winning the flag. That’s right, I said winning the flag. Now I know one player can’t make or break a season, but Doc brings an intangible to our side that somehow makes every one of his teammates that little bit better. His loss, as shown last season, is an awful blow to the Carlton Football Club.

Therefore, I’m not as confident about bagging our 17th premiership in 2019, but stranger things have happened.

I reckon you have lost your ******* mind and I love it!!!!

I reckon MrsCoach has finally belted the last ******* marble loose.

Sportsbet offering 42-1 for Carlton to lose in a semi final. Lol.

Multi that into Walsh rising star and a multi booster gets close to 400-1.

You've convinced me. I'm going to drop the entire mortgage payment on it.
Normally, I’d say gamble responsibly. But this is no gamble. There’s nothing surer in 2019 than Carlton winning a final (maybe more).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go Blues!!
I reckon your music threads were better.

Youngsters are going to start owning the way the team plays this season. Add a few veterans performing well week in week out, I reckon we're gunna win 8-10.

Okay here goes …

• Jarrod Picket …. does not have the AFL mentality. Injuries aside just does not want it enough.
  • Levi Casboult … will play 3-6 games this year if the young forwards do not hold up … will be a welcome focal point up forward for the NB.
  • Cuningham … better show something this year …. and get his body right or else ….. gone. Could possible sit on him for 1 more year after 2019.
  • Daisy … will play heaps this year if he comes in with the form off the back end of 2018 and be a VALUABLE asset moving forward.
  • Lobbe shits on Phillips. We need a project ruck OR a bought in A grade replacement next year.
  • Gartlett …. if he gets his niggles and shoulders right … can be a weapon. 50/50 whether he is on the list at season end.
  • Smurph needs to take stock and reinvent himself as a goal kicking HF. Will get midfield minutes but needs to focus on putting hurt on the scoreboard OR damaging I50's as an outside runner.
  • LeBois … sorry Soapy V justr don't see it. Gone.
  • Jones … if Jones does not turn around his form this year (back to the end of 2017) it has been a failed experiment.
  • McLovin, MmmK, CC will mark anything that is reasonably delivered to them. All 3 have great hands. NO MORE HOSPITAL BALLS.

Go Blues!!

I reckon it's good to have you back, TL. :thumbsu:

I reckon Coach has never recovered from us trading Gibbs..

Go Blues!!
Sorry, did you go somewhere? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back