What I Reckon with Tony Lynn 15 - Closing Down Sale.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon half of youse don't know what your talking about and the other half are wrong

But my grandfather did always say only fools reckon
Reckon he was right

I reckon Bolts is way ahead of what he's given credit for.
He said...Look for green shoots.
He said.... We won't be defined by wins and losses.
Those two statements are not throwaway lines. Nor clever quips to deflect the heat that would inevitably come over the course of a rebuild like no other. They are words of portent knowing the task ahead.
And thats without the horror run of injuries forcing him to play half an under nineteens side in essence.
Now we know he can coach because he got 5 straight at Hawthorn. Two is easy and can go down to system and list strength alone. 5 is a whole different thing.
Wait till he has a list as good as that. No doubt we are headed that way.

Last edited:

This is his year to cast away any doubts that people have concerning him as a coach. He has a list of players capable of achieving progress this year so the pressure is on him to have a good season. He’s intelligent enough to realise his circumstances and he’ll be planning to have his best year as a coach. I’m excited about 2019.

Those two statements are not throwaway lines. Nor clever quips to deflect the heat that would inevitably come over the course of a rebuild like no other. They are words of portent knowing the task ahead.
And thats without the horror run of injuries forcing him to play half an under nineteens side in essence.
Now we know he can coach because he got 5 straight at Hawthorn. Two is easy and can go down to system and list strength alone. 5 is a whole different thing.
I think the scrutiny he will face does go deeper than wins and losses though. It's about a number of factors, including how we are actually playing. I think he has done a good job so far, and I like what he has brought to the club. We are effectively done with the list building phase (the major changes that is) and now it's all about development and improvement. Fair to say we rightly expect to see that improvement over the course of the year. Not moving forward will see people agitate for change before too much time is wasted, I think.

I think the scrutiny he will face does go deeper than wins and losses though. It's about a number of factors, including how we are actually playing. I think he has done a good job so far, and I like what he has brought to the club. We are effectively done with the list building phase (the major changes that is) and now it's all about development and improvement. Fair to say we rightly expect to see that improvement over the course of the year. Not moving forward will see people agitate for change before too much time is wasted, I think.
I truly think last year has to be disregarded and seen as nothing more than a practise season. The first benefits of which we will see soon, as this season coming is definately about development yes. But I dont think he will be under any internal pressure because they all know whats going on and the time it takes. Wins and losses 2020 for sure. For now its better just to keep enjoying the green shoots as they grow taller. Yes the list is much stronger now. But they still need another season to turn the list into a team that has played together enough.
That said I am optimistic we will surprise a lot of people.

What I think is that Bolts has a set mentality … so far to say no game B to stem bleeding.

I have no idea what this plan B stuff even means other than the old days of keep it low against the wind. Footy is pretty basic and always will be. We got the ball or they have. Its all about attacking with it and then trying to get it back if we havent got it. All attempts to make it more complicated than that are doomed to failure in my opinion.

I have no idea what this plan B stuff even means other than the old days of keep it low against the wind. Footy is pretty basic and always will be. We got the ball or they have. Its all about attacking with it and then trying to get it back if we havent got it. All attempts to make it more complicated than that are doomed to failure in my opinion.

Umm that's pretty bloody simplistic …. whilst I love your posts mostly … that was well beneath your best prognosis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm that's pretty bloody simplistic …. whilst I love your posts mostly … that was well beneath your best prognosis

I am serious mate. I just think the game gets over analysed these days into something it's not for those out on the field actually playing it. All the tactics in the world mean nothing with a ball that bounces where it will. And even with luck of the bounce a team is only as good as the next posession and disposal.
Either its defending or attacking. And in almost all cases the game is won by the team that does the basics best. What else can there be when you get right down to brass tacks unless we are talking flooding the defense and ruining the game?

No doubt the club has its own internal KPIs for Bolts which only the inner sanctum will ever be privy to, but for the simpletons in the footy media it will continue to be about wins & losses.

If the media start running a negative agenda about our club there will be an underbelly of supporters who will buy into this negativity & the external heat will be ramped up. The club quickly shut down similar heat during the 2018 season & they will need to get on the front foot if the same thing happens in 2019 while Bolts is achieving the internal KPIs.

2018 was obviously a shocking year for the club, but I think Bolts & co used our misfortune to their advantage. You cannot place a value on the unanticipated game time that a number of our younger players received during the 2018 season. In many cases it will have put them ahead of their counterparts at other clubs.

Would anyone like to elaborate more on this game plan B? The one we don't have but others do, to me, its a buzz word or phrase that has no real substance.

I would like to hear some counter argument, or explanation on what West Coasts plan B is, in comparison to their plan A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back