Roast WHAT I WANT TO SEE FROM A WELL COACHED PORT SIDE THAT KEN HINKLEY HAS FAILED TO SHOW US

How will Janus twist this?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

vs Bulldogs - all still true
vs Crows - all true except we gave forwards some chance with corridor play

try again
The Bullies are good they proved that against Geelong. Brisbane this week is a big ask because they're good too.
Maybe when we win we're not as good as we think we are and when we lose, not as bad as we think we are.

We are stuck with this bumbling bungling buffoon on his slow and obscenely well paid journey to self awareness.
Maybe Schoey and Monty are the reason and Kenneth will be awarded an OBE (Other Blokes Efforts) as he rides on their coat-tails.
I haven't got the foggiest but what I do know is that there are more and more glimpses of hope.

Occasionally we look good and I like it. There's something we all saw in that 2nd 1/2 when we wetted our whistle.
It was good, very good and if ya can't see that I can't help ya.

Largely what was noticeable vs Crows was an absence of genuine pressure against us.

Sam Gray handballing to ground and realising he had time and space to recollect. Sam Gray playing on to improve his angle, again no resistance. Sam Powell Pepper free to take a kick without someone constantly up his clacker. Multiple times from the first quarter on we saw players usually struggling under close attention realise the pressure wasn’t there and then adjusted accordingly.

Theres plenty more I can point out, particularly in relation to the OP of this thread, but I’ve been quiet because why be shitting all over a Showdown win in a frustrating season under a frustrating coach. If we want to pop that bubble early though, we can go there

Has this thread gone empty because we've run out of tactical advice and complaints?
Or is he finally starting to do some of the things we have wanted him to?

Our coaching box has seemingly nailed the tactics side of things 2 weeks out of 3. Statistically, it's an outlier but there's hope we have turned a corner. Hope alone doesn't cut it though. Another spluttering year is another wasted year under Ken.

Ruthless efficiency in converting I50's into goals.
Merciless, unsociable football week in week out without distracting the players from actually still managing to play elite football.
On field LEADERSHIP in spades.

Warren Tredrea said:
Fans believe Port Adelaide have been treading water for too long, and bar the exposure of a few young guns, they still play with no obvious forward structure, are unreliable in front of goal, have poor skills and decision making and can’t consistently get the best out of its players.
Warren > Kane 4eva

Back