What I'd do if we beat Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be equal parts happy, sad, angry, and expectant.

If we win, that's a good thing and we need to remember that! HAPPY
If we win, then why the hell did we lose this weekend! SAD
If we win, THEN WHY THE HELL DID WE LOSE THIS WEEKEND! ANGRY
If we win, then we better start carrying that form into the rest of the season(for the umpteenth time) EXPECTANT

Hard to imagine that we'd be too upset... but at the moment the thought of us doing it annoys the s**t out of me. Maybe if we flogged the bejesus out of them and then went on with it for the rest of the year I could live with it.

tumblr_inline_mjjwf618qg1rzp8ef.gif

We certainly have no chance if Lachie is absent again. Do not underestimate how much his late withdrawal last night unsettled us. Not only did we miss his reading of the play and intercept marking big time but also his absence meant that Scotty Thompson had to play a far less attacking role and Spud was forced to play a different role to what he has played so far this year.

They say that lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice but eerily, Lachie was knocked out early in last years corresponding game and we also lost that game in similar circumstances.

But, one shouldn't make excuses should one? Much better to bag the s*** out of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more pissed off than happy as it would be a straight sign of how much we've pissed away this year.

Beat all top 4 sides and lose to bottom dwellers.

I would hang my scarf out the window and be absolutely rapt.

I get people saying now that they'd still be at least as mad about Saturday, but I couldn't maintain the rage if we actually saw a win over Hawthorn, prime time Friday night. Come on.

I would hang my scarf out the window and be absolutely rapt.

I get people saying now that they'd still be at least as mad about Saturday, but I couldn't maintain the rage if we actually saw a win over Hawthorn, prime time Friday night. Come on.

I'd love the win.

I'd still be pissed at it in the context of the season.

We're underdelivering we'd have to just about not drop a game from here out to convince me otherwise.

I think we probably will. Thus confirming we are the most frustrating team in the league. We switch on when we want, not every game like we SHOULD!!!!

4f2d2b8a08e18ea3440735d7aba09b28bc13104f_m.gif
McNulty!

haven't you read the script mate?

according to past behaviours, it should go something like this:

• honourable loss to hawthorn
  • beat the piss out of the saints to the tune of 90 pts.
  • all is right with the world, beers and bum pats all round as the media talk about nmfc making a run at the top 4 in 2015

haven't you read the script mate?

according to past behaviours, it should go something like this:

• honourable loss to hawthorn
  • beat the piss out of the saints to the tune of 90 pts.
  • all is right with the world, beers and bum pats all round as the media talk about nmfc making a run at the top 4 in 2015
  • Lose to Carlton by 40 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back