NFL What If Scenarios

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh right

Didn't really remember them being as likely as SF, Den or Tenn
Yes but SF has a QB in Smith who got them to the NFCCG.

He wasn't likely, didn't even visit the PNW. Would have won 2 rings in hindsight. 2012 (Seahawks lost in the divisional late) and 2013 (SB48)

Last edited:

If the Raiders didn't trade up in the fourth round for Connor Cook, the Browns would've traded the pick to the Cowboys. Especially if the previous "what if" of Elway not trading up for Paxton Lynch and taking Dak Prescott instead....then Cook would've been the starting QB all year for the Cowboys and GG.exe would've been in dreamland for much of the season instead.

I like to imagine if the Browns picked up Beckham, Carr and rather than Gilbert and Manziel. Could be a little different right now.

Also if Johnny went to Oakland or the Vikes.

Forever wonder what would've happened if Sterling Sharpe never injured his neck!!

I'm thinking more Superbowls, both he and Favre being the GOAT at their respective positions. So disappointing we never got to see them at Favre's best.

What would have happened in the early 2000s borderline playoff Broncos teams and in particular the 2005 AFCCG if Terrell Davis was still in the league

No where near his peak in his early 30s but would still be solid and was arguably the best playoff performer of all time

We had no significant rusher in the 2005 AFCCG so would have been an interesting change

Going back 25 years :
- What if Montana isn't knocked out of the 1990 NFC title game and leads the 49ers to the Super Bowl?
I think the Bills roll the 49ers. The 49ers D was susceptible to the pass and may not have won a shootout vs the Bills or come up with a game plan similar to the Giants.
- Do the 49ers make the Super Bowl the season after with a healthy Montana?
The loss of Lott and Craig to Plan B can't be understated in the 49ers dropoff the following season. Young and Bono were serviceable, but without a reliable running game it made the 49ers beatable.
- What if Norwood hits the game winning field goal in XXV?
Not sure the Bills go to 4 in a row. The next season the had a pretty soft schedule and may have reached XXVI, but not sure about the following years. A win might have seen them lose focus perhaps.

- Seeings I always swap them in Madden for shits and giggles, What if Eli and Rivers remained at the Chargers and Giants as drafted?

Then there's always what if a team took the QB taken at #2 over the QB taken at #1.

What if the Browns never moved and they kept Bill Belichick as coach and Ozzie Newsome as GM

Best dynasty ever? GG.exe AmericanCrow

Actually, I have answered this before. Bill Belicheck was going to be fired in 1995 anyhow.

His sycophants do not pay attention to the fact he was largely underwhelming in Cleveland. Only thru the prism of revisionist history is the notion of a dynasty alive.

Fact is, he never won the division. Fact is, the one year he made the playoffs they beat 1-2 teams with an actual winning record. Fact is, he lost to Pittspuke 3x in 1994.

Fact is, he had Vinny Testaverde as his qb. Fact is, he had a miserable start to the 95 season BEFORE knowledge of an impending move was made.

Fact is, he would likely have not made the playoffs at all anyhow in 95.

Look, the guy has developed into a good coach but he was well on his way to being sacked in 1995.

Now if Modell fires him and promotes Ozzie? I will listen to that argument.

As for BB--revisionist history

Simply wasn't the case. He was on his way to anything but losing his job.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, I have answered this before. Bill Belicheck was going to be fired in 1995 anyhow.

His sycophants do not pay attention to the fact he was largely underwhelming in Cleveland. Only thru the prism of revisionist history is the notion of a dynasty alive.

Fact is, he never won the division. Fact is, the one year he made the playoffs they beat 1-2 teams with an actual winning record. Fact is, he lost to Pittspuke 3x in 1994.

Fact is, he had Vinny Testaverde as his qb. Fact is, he had a miserable start to the 95 season BEFORE knowledge of an impending move was made.

Look, the guy has developed into a good coach but he was well on his way to being sacked in 1995.

Simply wasn't the case he was on his way to anything but losing his job.
"kept Belichick as coach"

2006 Ind 38 NE 34
Pats defeat Bears in XLI

2007 NYG 23 GB 20 (OT)
Pats defeat Packers in XLII

2008 Ariz 32 Phil 25
Steelers defeat Eagles in XLIII (this one I'm most unsure about)

2009 NO 31 Minn 28 (OT)
Colts defeat Vikings in XLIV

2010 GB 21 Chic 14, Pitt 24 NYJ 19
Packers > Steelers > Jets > Bears

2011 NYG 20 SF 17 (OT), NE 23 Balt 20
Giants > 49ers > Pats > Ravens

2012 SF 28 Atl 24
Ravens defeat Falcons in XLVII

2013 Seat 23 SF 17
Broncos defeat 49ers in XLVIII

2014 Seat 28 GB 22 (OT)
Patriots defeat Packers in XLIX

2015 Denv 20 NE 18
Patriots defeat Panthers in 50

But WHAT IF they kept him and still had Newsome
They'd have drafted Tom Brady too and yes won four Lombardi's. American Criw just can't deal with that likely hypothetical outcome. Even more nightmarish to swallow than resigned acceptation of the Browns that has come to pass in reality.

They'd have drafted Tom Brady too and yes won four Lombardi's. American Criw just can't deal with that likely hypothetical outcome. Even more nightmarish to swallow than resigned acceptation of the Browns that has come to pass in reality.

I allowed Ozzie would have been game changer :)

Simply wasn't the case. He was on his way to anything but losing his job.

Holy s**t talk about revisionist. You're complaining about he didnt win a division??! We took over a team that went 3-13 and by his 4th year they went 11-5 and won a playoff and had one of the best D's!

They were one of th top fancied teams going into '95 in which they started the season 3-1. They then lost three in a row a month before Modells announcement. Rumours were already stirring before that announcement so you don't think the players and coaches thought something was up?

He made mistakes there as he later admitted but what coach doesn't in their first three years. From 3 wins to 11 within 4 years and they sack him less than a year later. Modell turned on him because BB was not a good mouthpiece for his new franchise.

Holy s**t talk about revisionist. You're complaining about he didnt win a division??! We took over a team that went 3-13 and by his 4th year they went 11-5 and won a playoff and had one of the best D's!

They were one of th top fancied teams going into '95 in which they started the season 3-1. They then lost three in a row a month before Modells announcement. Rumours were already stirring before that announcement so you don't think the players and coaches thought something was up?

He made mistakes there as he later admitted but what coach doesn't in their first three years. From 3 wins to 11 within 4 years and they sack him less than a year later. Modell turned on him because BB was not a good mouthpiece for his new franchise.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried

Team hit its ceiling in 94

Anyone who lived it knows they would NOT have made playoffs in 95 move or no move

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried

Team hit its ceiling in 94

Anyone who lived it knows they would NOT have made playoffs in 95 move or no move

Rubbish, they were one of the pre season favourites and started 3-1. BB doesn't need apologists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back