What if there was no NRL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Want to bet on that? Our Adelaide Oval finals matches will get at least those numbers.
Oh I see, the location of the ground, the access to the ground and the facilities there make a difference, do they? Port/AFL/you trolls can have that as an excuse, can you? But, the rugby league fans/NRL don't? Never mind that Adelaide is a smaller city and many times easier to get around in than Sydney.

Oh I see, the location of the ground, the access to the ground and the facilities there make a difference, do they? Port/AFL/you trolls can have that as an excuse, can you? But, the rugby league fans/NRL don't? Never mind that Adelaide is a smaller city and many times easier to get around in than Sydney.
Isn't Allianz right next door to the SCG? I don't think accessability is an excuse for the Swans, so why is it for the nRL? Ground facilities don't really matter, that's just a bonus. Getting to the ground is the biggest issue for AAMI, especially for people south of the city.

Isn't Allianz right next door to the SCG? I don't think accessability is an excuse for the Swans, so why is it for the nRL? Ground facilities don't really matter, that's just a bonus. Getting to the ground is the biggest issue for AAMI, especially for people south of the city.

Manly fans have never travelled, even at finals time. Its been an inside joke in league for ever. The fact is they joke that the Giants have a poor crowd number avg 10k in their 1st year, yet a 50 year old club playing finals footy gets 14k and thats ok..

Manly fans have never travelled, even at finals time. Its been an inside joke in league for ever. The fact is they joke that the Giants have a poor crowd number avg 10k in their 1st year, yet a 50 year old club playing finals footy gets 14k and thats ok..

Only in the nRL is that ok...

You have read the threads trashing manly.
For most NRL fans it isn't an excuse but it is for Manly.

Everything is relative. SCG is great for the Swans as there only other option is homebush which is a wasteland.
Manly have brookvale (also a wasteland/swamp) but for whatever reason they prefer it to the SFS.
For me, SFS is my favourite ground.

listening and reading the media up here they have been bagging the Giants all year for crowds, yet nothing said about the pitiful attendances of the nrl.
Every time I've listened to a SEN broadcast at Skoda, they mention what they think are the crowd figures are. Every time the "official" figures are released, they're double what the SEN commentators think. I would take the commentator's estimate as being more credible than whatever the "official' figures were. The commentators don't have an agenda.

Every time I've listened to a SEN broadcast at Skoda, they mention what they think are the crowd figures are. Every time the "official" figures are released, they're double what the SEN commentators think. I would take the commentator's estimate as being more credible than whatever the "official' figures were. The commentators don't have an agenda.
Can you find one case, ever, of the AFL or any of its teams being caught out fudging crowd numbers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's counter intuitive.
If it was more relevant to Sydney then more people would attend.
Correct?

No. I was born and have lived in Melbourne my whole life. I have a huge passion for motorsport. Not once have I attended a single day of the Australian GP at Albert Park. Not once, have I attended a single V8 SUpercar race, in the time a guy named Tony Cochrane, and his company, had been given the commercial rights to V8 Supercars. Yet, I watch the race at Albert Park (and all the other GP) and almost all V8 Supercar races
Can you find one case, ever, of the AFL or any of its teams being caught out fudging crowd numbers?
They're not my estimates. ut, I have more faith in the SEN commentators estimates, than I do of the official figures and your, and all the others on here, opinion on what the crowd was. Also, the crowds are so low, that if they were fudged, nobody in Melbourne would give a **** anyway. At the same time, if they were fudged to double the amount, say 4000 to 8000, it allows intellectuals such as yourself and Stewies Power, mxett an opportunity to say "Welll it's only 8000. But <insert Sydney RL team> only got 10000, and they've been around forever.

No. I was born and have lived in Melbourne my whole life. I have a huge passion for motorsport. Not once have I attended a single day of the Australian GP at Albert Park. Not once, have I attended a single V8 SUpercar race, in the time a guy named Tony Cochrane, and his company, had been given the commercial rights to V8 Supercars. Yet, I watch the race at Albert Park (and all the other GP) and almost all V8 Supercar races
They're not my estimates. ut, I have more faith in the SEN commentators estimates, than I do of the official figures and your, and all the others on here, opinion on what the crowd was. Also, the crowds are so low, that if they were fudged, nobody in Melbourne would give a **** anyway. At the same time, if they were fudged to double the amount, say 4000 to 8000, it allows intellectuals such as yourself and Stewies Power, mxett an opportunity to say "Welll it's only 8000. But <insert Sydney RL team> only got 10000, and they've been around forever.
Okay, so the answer is no, you can't.

No. I was born and have lived in Melbourne my whole life. I have a huge passion for motorsport. Not once have I attended a single day of the Australian GP at Albert .............

Again, even less logical. Does nothing to dispell the fact if a Manly finals game was "more relevant
to Sydney" then more people would have attended.

GWS have 10,000 members and Skoda Stadium has plenty of other activities going on around and outside the ground other than football to keep young kids entertained (similar to Metricon) so you're not going to see everyone in their seat at once making the crowd look smaller than what it is. That, and the fact that Skoda is a brand new AFL venue where we have no previous crowds to draw comparisons on is why SEN got their estimates so wrong.

Also, the crowds are so low, that if they were fudged, nobody in Melbourne would give a **** anyway. At the same time, if they were fudged to double the amount, say 4000 to 8000, it allows intellectuals such as yourself and Stewies Power, mxett an opportunity to say "Welll it's only 8000. But <insert Sydney RL team> only got 10000, and they've been around forever.

Well ive been to the games and I can tell you the official figures are about right.

As for the "intellectuals" comment regard the figures for league v giants. Umm its a true comment. League has been around since 1908 in this city, the youngest team in the NRL (for Sydney) is 40 years old. Yet they still got piss poor crowds. even when they are competetive. The Giants once competetive will end up with avgs of around 20k (in that stadium will be great). No doubt.

GWS have 10,000 members and Skoda Stadium has plenty of other activities going on around and outside the ground other than football to keep young kids entertained (similar to Metricon) so you're not going to see everyone in their seat at once making the crowd look smaller than what it is. That, and the fact that Skoda is a brand new AFL venue where we have no previous crowds to draw comparisons on is why SEN got their estimates so wrong.
First bold - Then memberships have nothing/little to do with footy or a reflection of it's popularity. A significant factor, the most significant even. In fact it makes all the other poo all of you post irrelevant.

Second bold - Who said they're wrong?. Fair enough their first estimate was out of whack, but it was all the time. It's, perhaps, just a reflection of GWS/AFL doing everything they can to flog money out of punters or look good.

Again, even less logical. Does nothing to dispell the fact if a Manly finals game was "more relevant
to Sydney" then more people would have attended.
Sorry, I confused you with someone who can understand an analogy or comparison.

All of you come up with the same poo, over and over again on these threads. How much money some random Sydneysider will part to see a game or buy a membership. I wonder, how many people in sydney wear an AFL top, compared to a RL jersey. I wonder, what are the sales figures, at any random sports store in Sydney, for RL jersy/merchandise compared to AFL items?

Second bold - Who said they're wrong?. Fair enough their first estimate was out of whack, but it was all the time. It's, perhaps, just a reflection of GWS/AFL doing everything they can to flog money out of punters or look good.
Stadium management. Like I said before, there's plenty happening outside of the ground as well. Have you been to either Metricon or Skoda before?

Stadium management. Like I said before, there's plenty happening outside of the ground as well. Have you been to either Metricon or Skoda before?
That's right outside. They are not there for the footy (which happens inside the ground), flaky support that is. Do they count random people that walk past the stadium on their way to somewhere else?

LOL! Who's been wasting their time on these s*** threads?...........ME! :oops:

The whole time I'd been on these c*** rugby league trolling threads. I never done actual research, looked up actual figures.I'd only been gong on the fly so far, just on feel. So I went to look up only two sets of figures, Lions and Swans home games attendances. What do you know? I've found that attendances for those teams, at home games, have fallen! You spanners, who've have "argued" with me the past year or so, already knew that, didn't you? You cheeky buggers!

The Swans, from an average attendance high of 41k in 06 to 26k last year (24k this year, but some of you clowns wouls c*** on about the SCG development), In Brisbane, it's an average of 35k in 04 to 20k this year. You tell me, how the **** are these numbers are reflection that footy is going to take over Sydney/NSW/Brisbane/QLD, when attendances are falling? (Just a lazy 40% drop, mind you)

Now, sure you can c*** on and on about RL attandences , in roughly the same time, rl overall is the same. The RL figures say that the bandwagoners are minimal and that it's a part of the way of life there. When you think of all the advantages footy has, one team covering all, then half, of Sydney/QLD, all the money that is spent there. Apparently, some time in the future (the next 600 years), footy is going to take over Sydney/Qld culture? God, you clowns are pathetic.

Another thing of note, the average attendance high peaked for those teams off the back of GF wins, which generous concessions were allowed to those teams. That can happen forever, but it will be at the alienation of footy fans in footy states. Oh yeah, but I forgot, auskick numbers have grown to 1.2 mil state wide. Auskick numbers mean ****. Even with the PF finals this weekend, the only reason why sydney/rl fans are dumb, is to get sucked into which code has the biggest crowd argument this weekend. Even if the AFL pf has a bigger number, the number will only be marginal. But, what is not considered, is that the rl pf will be full of sydneysiders. Unlike the afl pf, which will be split between Swans fans from Sydney, Swams fans from Melbourne, and collingwood fans, all from Melbourne! So whatever is the crowd for the rl pf, it's be out of a population of 4.7 mil. Despite being held in Sydney, the afl will have the advantage of a population total of 8.9mil, hardly a reasonable comparison. I wonder what the attendance of NSW/QLD SoO would be? (that's a fair comparison)

What if there was no nrl? AFL/Union only fans would have no where to express the inferiority complex, other than onto themselves.

Imadodgyposter showing his true colours here. umad bro? Why would AFL fans feel inferior to nRL fans? LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back