whaT If we’re good now? *nods head*

Remove this Banner Ad

What if we're good now?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it’s clear half our squad are mentally fragile. There are some who are physically weak.

Do you not find it strange that we’ve turned over the Butchers, the Mitchells, the Colquhouns, the Logans, the Stewarts (D. & P.), the Neades, the O’Sheas, the Moores, the Toumpases, the Austins, the Newtons, the Renoufs;

The Lobbes, the Youngs, the Ah Chees, the Hombsches, the Monfries, the Whites, the Impeys;

Even the Trengoves, the Pittards, the Wingards, the Polecs!

And allegedly improved upon them with a mixture of high-profile recruits and coveted draft picks...

Yet it’s still ‘the players’ 7 seasons in?

Do you not find it strange that we’ve turned over the Butchers, the Mitchells, the Colquhouns, the Logans, the Stewarts (D. & P.), the Neades, the O’Sheas, the Moores, the Toumpases, the Austins, the Newtons, the Renoufs;

The Lobbes, the Youngs, the Ah Chees, the Hombsches, the Monfries, the Whites, the Impeys;

And allegedly improved upon them with a mixture of high-profile recruits and coveted draft picks...

It’s a mixture of coach & players but I’ll keep saying our playing group a mentally & physically weak. It begins with Wines who looks like a bull but plays like a calf. Where’s his mongrel ? I could go through 90% of our squad but I’m sure you get the gist.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s definitely still the players.

The problem is deeply ingrained inconsistency, a problem we’ve had since what? 2005? Earlier even?

Change the players but the problem persists because new players learn the bad habits from the old players.

A new coach may know how to solve it better, or Hinkley could already be doing the right things. It’s very hard to change culture overnight.

I’m 100% on board the Sack Ken train now, but I think the playing group still has major issues.

It’s a mixture of coach & players but I’ll keep saying our playing group a mentally & physically weak. It begins with Wines who looks like a bull but plays like a calf. Where’s his mongrel ? I could go through 90% of our squad but I’m sure you get the gist.

Sure, but unlike with similar criticisms which have been levelled at Westhoff, Boak and Hartlett in the past, Wines didn’t come through the era of 119, Skype and Kosmodisk.

Yet he’s now firmly on the same path of Wingard - from stellar performances in the furnace of Showdowns and Finals as an inexperienced kid while being spoken of as a consensus #1 pick in draft re-dos and a potential great - to a 24/25 year old at the crossroads.

That’s mostly on us.

I still don’t think Wines has ever adjusted to the interchange cap rules.

His TOG numbers last year were appalling.

Sure, but unlike with similar criticisms which have been levelled at Westhoff, Boak and Hartlett in the past, Wines didn’t come through the era of 119, Skype and Kosmodisk.

Yet he’s now firmly on the same path of Wingard - from stellar performances in the furnace of Showdowns and Finals as an inexperienced kid while being spoken of as a consensus #1 pick in draft re-dos and a potential great - to a 24/25 year old at the crossroads.

That’s mostly on us.

Wingard peaked early & his body shape has changed which won’t help his cause. Wines doesn’t have Wingards runs on the board so if you’re referring to his development then it’s all in his head. The guy is a little boy in a mans body. Soft as.

It doesn't help when we have a coach that tells them to back off when they get too aggressive or adventurous.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back