whaT If we’re good now? *nods head*

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nope. Not good again.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
53B430A6-7BC3-4755-AD54-C59F061927B3.jpeg

Bad day at the office, but we’ll bounce back next week. Good teams learn from these performances.
We'll bounce back, then fall asleep, then bounce back, then fall asleep etc etc etc.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"Lord, if it is you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "Why did you doubt?"

This.

People underestimate how great a defensive side Geelong is. The fact that we were dominating clearances and still finding it difficult to score is testament to that. Their setup behind the play is elite. That's why they have only lost 2 games - they've conceded 855 points in 13 matches, and they wear teams down with attrition and build their scoring from there.

Last night was a game of two sides that negated the offensive game of the other side with their defence. The only difference was that we were dominating possession of the ball as well, which forced them to play counter-attack football. It was basically the Fremantle game played for four quarters, minus the s**tty free kicks that got them back in the game.

What I want to see is that ruthless intent on the ball when we play a side that isn't as defensively sound as Geelong, but has a good offensive game. A team like Adelaide, for instance.
Lol

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
It is my sadness to inform you all that we are bad now. See you in a portnite, when we may be good again.

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
Only motivational posts to return to the heady days of being good again, three weeks ago, allowed in this thread

Portmanteau

Behaviourz2Outcomz
Jul 15, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fox Sports FC
It wasn’t the result we wanted or needed, but there is no shame in a narrow loss to GWS. If we work really hard on our deficiencies over the next couple of weeks we can still make the finals.

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
It wasn’t the result we wanted or needed, but there is no shame in a narrow loss to GWS. If we work really hard on our deficiencies over the next couple of weeks we can still make the finals.
Well I hope you're right, but I just can't trust our club at the moment, we'd need to make some major changes and fix some major problems, and I'm not sure four weeks is enough time to do it.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only good sides lose by one point when the opposition scores less than 10 goals in near perfect weather.

Back