whaT If we’re good now? *nods head*

Remove this Banner Ad

"Lord, if it is you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water."

"Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out "Lord, save me!"

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "Why did you doubt?"

What if last night was us at our worst and we are good now.

This.

People underestimate how great a defensive side Geelong is. The fact that we were dominating clearances and still finding it difficult to score is testament to that. Their setup behind the play is elite. That's why they have only lost 2 games - they've conceded 855 points in 13 matches, and they wear teams down with attrition and build their scoring from there.

Last night was a game of two sides that negated the offensive game of the other side with their defence. The only difference was that we were dominating possession of the ball as well, which forced them to play counter-attack football. It was basically the Fremantle game played for four quarters, minus the shitty free kicks that got them back in the game.

What I want to see is that ruthless intent on the ball when we play a side that isn't as defensively sound as Geelong, but has a good offensive game. A team like Adelaide, for instance.

Looking at our run home it goes

Dogs
Crows
Brisbane
Richmond
GWS
Essendon
Sydney
North
Freo

We need to win at least 5 of those to even scrape into finals and i’m Not sure we can do that.
Nah, we will beat
Dogs
Crows
Brisbane
Essendon
Sydney and North and Freo - TOP FOUR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Life is a dodecahedron and we’ve finally turned the 10th corner

I have a crystal dodecahedron - along with a tetrahedron, a hexahedron, an octahedron and an icosahedron, which make up the Platonic Solids.

Plato said that the God arranged the constellations on the whole heaven based on the dodecahedron, because each side consists of a pentagon that contains the five classical elements - fire, earth, air, water and spirit. As such, it is called the symbol of Ether. It is linked to the 6th, 7th and above chakras, the Higher Self/Divine/All.

"But baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor"

Leonard Cohan.

"I've seen your flag on the marble arch
Love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah."

Nah, we will beat
Dogs
Crows
Brisbane
Essendon
Sydney and North and Freo - TOP FOUR
Dogs and North the only two we should win. Essendon have our number, as do the crows. Freo and Brisbane it just depends what Port side shows up. So yeah i’m Not confident

Dogs and North the only two we should win. Essendon have our number, as do the crows. Freo and Brisbane it just depends what Port side shows up. So yeah i’m Not confident

Like Geelong had our number?

Hinkley has been to Aristotle’s world of forms and pulled forth perfect footballing for all to see.

Counterpoint: What if we're bad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back