What if we had Delidio back to fitness now to complete our finals team make up

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich o man

All Australian
Oct 19, 2009
Carlton North
AFL Club
Richmond
Delidio overcoming injury at this point of the season was seen as the icing on TOP of the cake for GWS premiership aspirations.

I have always been a Delidio fan but I think the club did the right thing to get a 1st round draft pick next year which we will hopefully reap the benefit of in years to come.

Having said that, imagine the hyperbole from us Richmond fans if we still had him and he was just coming back into our side as the final piece of the puzzle.

this was a win win for all involved. GWS got an injury prom elite mid-sized forward.

We got a first round pick for a player that had 1-2 years left in him and are able to build to the future. Also allowed players such as butler and castagna to get games they would not have otherwise gotten. They have added so much more than a broken down Lids (no offence to him as he is one of my all time favs) but is getting to the end of a great career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still feel bad about how we moved him on, although it was good for us.
He wanted to leave to give himself a shot at a flag before his time was done, will be a lol if we win it without him

Big time.

He really thought he was the club, and is obviously a club legend.

But I don't think we could have gotten to where we are culturally as a club if he was still here.
Very true we had that whole mentality of no lids, no tigers.
Our record without him in the team was horrible

Big time.

But I don't think we could have gotten to where we are culturally as a club if he was still here.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

It's been reported ad nauseam.

Was a finding in the Deloitte analysis & was self-evident when he spoke publically.

Lids used to go into the recruiters offices & want to be updated on who they we're getting / trying to get. Which is fine to be excitable, but I think he felt no door at RFC was closed to him.

Big time.

Yep I heard the same sort of things, I think culturally it was the best thing to trade him out and to walk away with a first and third rounder for him was icing on the cake. Wonder what we would have got for him at the end of this year if we hadn't acted last season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back