Competition "What If" Wednesdays: Week 1 - University

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't think anyone would recognise it. It's a good logo and I just thought I'd use it.

Lolle, it is an absolutely brilliant logo. Arguably the best in the NHL when it was being used.

I love that you used it totally without context and i'm going to start slipping cool logos and emblems into my designs like that now.

Updated with shorts and socks.
UniLad_zpsabeadb1b.png

Did Collingwood and North merge without my knowledge? Cool! :)
I actually reckon its like a mix of Port's current day V-style Guernsey and it's old Magpies prison bar one. Maybe its why I like it so much :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each Wednesday (most likely not) a non-existing team that has been known in the AFL world as a proposition or a former team will have a spot in the 2015 AFL Season.
Each comp will run for 1 week and the poll will run for 1 week. The winner picks the next team in the list below
Your job is to produce a:
  • Home kit
  • Away kit (Home jumper with white shorts is acceptable) or Clash kit or Heritage kit or Other kit
  • Club Logo
RULES:
  • All entries must be in 1 picture
  • The kits consist of a Jumper, Shorts and Socks
  • Minimum 2 kits and there's no limit to how many kits you can include after that
    eg. Home and Away and/or Clash and/or Heritage and/or Other
  • Maximum 2 entries per person
  • For the former teams I'll allow the use of the last jumper design the club used only once (Opens the door for that modern creativity)
  • For the proposed teams Directly copying a kit (Colours and design) of any team is disallowed
  • Any other questions will be answered

List of Proposed/Former teams
- University
- Brisbane Bears
- Fitzroy Lions
- Sydney Lions
- Melbourne Hawks
- Melbourne Lions

- North Fitzroy Kangaroos
- Fitzroy Bulldogs
- Tasmanian team
- Sydney Celtics
- Fremantle (Union, Courage, Dolphins, Hammers, Stokers, Mariners)
- Fremantle Sharks (East Fremantle and South Fremantle merger)
- Greater Western Sydney (Pride, Wolves, Stallions)
- Norwood-Sturt merger for AFL spot
- Adelaide (Lakers, Sharks, Falcons, Rams)
- Port Adelaide (Raiders, Pirates, Mariners, Sharks)
- Gold Coast (Stingrays, Marlins, Lifesavers, Ironmen)

Any others I missed? Feel free to add them in.
Can you add the Gold Coast Kangaroos as well please?

The design on the left looks pretty familiar! Was that before or after you used it for the Hornets?
Yeah IIRC I used this entry as a guinea pig to gauge how the fancy gradient jumper and design would be received by the board before I submitted the NAFL entry.

Worked a treat, me thinks :cool:

People actually take uni sports seriously ? When do you guys train will come laugh at you guys after my lecture or tute
University was a team based out of Melbourne University in 1908-1914. They still have a few teams, but only in the local comp. Its not a serious team, from what I know of, but they honour their heritage quite a lot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back