Opinion What if your "least favourite" Crows player played well in the Finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

Give it a rest. Mackay is getting all the respect he deserves right now. Just as he has gotten the criticism he deserves too. Nobody has it in for him. If he wins the Norm Smith, he'll be rightly applauded. It's pretty unlikely though. When was the last time he was bog?

Give it a rest. Mackay is getting all the respect he deserves right now. Just as he has gotten the criticism he deserves too. Nobody has it in for him. If he wins the Norm Smith, he'll be rightly applauded. It's pretty unlikely though. When was the last time he was bog?
This thread makes more sense than the "will we miss the Finals?" thread in my opinion. Not sure why people keep deflecting the issue, as everyone has one or two "least favorites" who have played throughout this year eg. Mackay, Milera, Cameron, Thommo, Jenkins, Otten etc.

I'm going to make a bold statement now, Cameron is currently my least favorite (does not mean I hate him). He's not doing enough run and carry, and when he does, he's 50/50 in effectiveness in his disposals. His kicking for goals has been average lately too. I really hope he proves me wrong in the Finals series.
What would I do if Charlie lifts and become the player of the series? I will draw a picture and post it on this thread! Will also get drunk and make sure I know what a concussion feels like!

Last edited:

If hartigan were to come back in the side and help us win a grand final and be pivotal in that I would gladly eat my words. But I saw how he performed last year in finals against Sydney when he freaked out whenever the ball - or franklin- came near him so I already know how he will perform under pressure. Not well. Very. Not. Well.

If hartigan were to come back in the side and help us win a grand final and be pivotal in that I would gladly eat my words. But I saw how he performed last year in finals against Sydney when he freaked out whenever the ball - or franklin- came near him so I already know how he will perform under pressure. Not well. Very. Not. Well.
For me Keathy is an unknown quantity but I like the way he plays so far. Hartigan on the other hand has let us down many times. Do a Brian Lake 2013 grand final performance and all will be forgiven though!

I don't think any Crows fan would be petty enough to ignore or criticise a maligned player who made good contributions in finals.

For me Keathy is an unknown quantity but I like the way he plays so far. Hartigan on the other hand has let us down many times. Do a Brian Lake 2013 grand final performance and all will be forgiven though!

I don't think any Crows fan would be petty enough to ignore or criticise a maligned player who made good contributions in finals.

Exactly how I feel. Keath = unknown quantity. If the club thinks he is up to performing in big games then I'm happy to go with that until I see otherwise. Hopefully he covers himself in glory and we have full confidence in a key defender that we can replace lever with when he leaves at the end of this year. My fear is that keath is a poor mans Hartigan which will not be a good result lol. But he has been ok to this point and only time will tell.. looking in from the outside it's to hard to make that call from what we have seen so far imo.

Lever is rapidly becoming my least liked player

Hope he plays a blinder of a finals series so we get plenty walking in the door when it hits him on the way out

Hope he plays a blinder of a finals series so we get plenty walking in the door when it hits him on the way out
if..

Yep - I'm starting to think that if Lever goes at the end of the year he will trump Tippett and Dangerfield in the least liked stakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When DMac kicks a goal we generally win.

Great to see him save his career.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
But is it "When DMac kicks a goal we generally win", or "When we're winning, DMac generally kicks a goal"?

Don't think I've ever disliked any player in a crows Guernsey. I've felt some shouldn't have been selected at times but am always more than happy if they prove me wrong and play well.
Poor disposal under pressure is the big frustration for me and In the current side, with Thommo retired and Matt Crouch and Mackay using the ball much better, there isn't anyone who frustrates me. Maybe Charlie kicking for goal.

Enjoy your posts Mick! Hartigan is a very good choice. I think it's unfortunate he had his long-term injury this year, because I feel he was going to come good sometime this year. He has been erratic and agree especially on last year's performances, but I reckon if he's on song, he would be our best fit top-line defender. If he plays well in the SANFL, I have no problems if he slots back into the Seniors. Certainly an experienced and in-form Hartigan would be more advantageous than a four-gamer with promise in Keath. Though, if Keath keeps performing and improves with each game, he deserves to stay in the side. Will keep tabs with interest!

If Otten cones back in for a GF....we won't win

Bookmark....cue the Alan Scott clip

Going in top of the Wozza is a mighty strange time to troll the board with a negative thread. The 'Least Favourite Player' has been playing bloody good footy for quite a while now, as has the rest of the side.
DELETE THREAD.
This has nothing to do with negative or positive, just different styles to discuss players leading towards the Finals.
"Least favorite" does not mean "hate".
Would you eat humble pie or would you do something more wild and crazy?

Gunston is my least liked that left us. Clearly had no intention of sticking around and provided us with very little while he was here.
Tippett for me...that would change however if Trigg was a player.

Although....Dangerflop/flog is giving it a fair nudge ATM

This thread is all kinds of stupid and OP should feel bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back