What is at the core of our political instability?

Remove this Banner Ad

With another PM looking in serious strife surely its time we asked this question....

Obsession with Polls?

Is it politicians who are ruthless careerists who will go down every available avenue not to get voted out?

A political media that lusts over the prospect of someone getting knifed or rolled?

The nonsense proportional/quota system of our senate which means its very rare that anyone has any real control of both houses and thus can't actually enact their policy promises?

All of the above?

None of the above?

I honestly don't know but fundamentally we need a politically engaged and informed population to make sensible choices so we're not all **cked every which way. So this constant mistrust and unease that the majority of Australians already feel towards their own political system is a cancer on our country and something we need to figure out and amend quickly before something heinous occurs.

It’s due to the duality of “man”, pretending to be one thing when you’re really another. The backstabbing is for the “another” reason... the real evil reason behind the facade of good. The Jungian thing.

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?

Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?

Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.

Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?

Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.

Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

Private Joker: No, sir.

Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant s**t on you.

Private Joker: Yes, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.

Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.

Pogue Colonel: The what?

Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?

Private Joker: Our side, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?

Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every <culturally inappropriate word> there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

Decline of social institutions and political bases. Once upon a time things like the unions and the church were strong. Local footy and cricket clubs were also much stronger. Community and professional associations stronger too. All gone. The instability in political institutions mirrors the decline in social ones.

With another PM looking in serious strife surely its time we asked this question....

Obsession with Polls?

Yes.

Is it politicians who are ruthless careerists who will go down every available avenue not to get voted out?

Yes.

Combine these two together and you get a politics that is less about doing the business of governing and more about staying in government.

A political media that lusts over the prospect of someone getting knifed or rolled?

I'm inclined not to blame the media. They don't help, but I don't think they are the cause of what they report on.

The nonsense proportional/quota system of our senate which means its very rare that anyone has any real control of both houses and thus can't actually enact their policy promises?

While the electoral system for the senate isn't perfect by any means, proportional representation isn't nonsense and hasn't been the cause of instability.

In many ways the senate is more representative of the breadth and distribution of the views of the Australian people than the house of representatives (not in all ways, but in many). That's good for democracy. An election every four years shouldn't be a blank cheque for a government to ram legislation through parliament without any accountability, checks or balances or compromises along the way.

The ALP and LNP haven’t had problems dealing with the minor parties as much as they have had problems dealing with their own internal factions and machinations. In many ways there is more enmity within the parties than there is between them. This has been both an issue of personalities and ideologies. For the most part the ALPs woes were about the former, basically that no one could stand Kevin Rudd even if he was perceived to be their best bet with the electorate, in the LNP it is more about the split between the Conservatives and the small l liberals.

They parties fight against each other to get into power and then they turn inward and fight amongst themself over which elements of the party get to weild the power. They use the polls to justify this behaviour, as we basically exist in a non-stop election cycle now.

The LNP seem not to have learned from the ALP that this isn't the way to stay in power, for the most part the ALP seem to have sorted themselves out... But I guess the proof will be what is happening 12 to 18 months in to the next ALP government, which at this point you would have to say is coming early next year if not earlier.

People forget that if it wernt for Costello being a breathtaking squib, 2006/7 would have had a leader spill too.

This means that since the 1987 election, we would have changed leaders mid term in the 91, 04, 07, 10, 13 and soon to be 16 election terms.

Only the 93, 96, 98, 01 have had stable leadership from beginning to end. That means we'd have change leaders in 3 of every 5 elections.

Political stability is the exception not the norm. This is normal. People need to shift their understanding of what they are doing when they go to vote because this isn't going away.

It’s due to the duality of “man”, pretending to be one thing when you’re really another. The backstabbing is for the “another” reason... the real evil reason behind the facade of good. The Jungian thing.

Pogue Colonel: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?

Private Joker: A peace symbol, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Where'd you get it?

Private Joker: I don't remember, sir.

Pogue Colonel: What is that you've got written on your helmet?

Private Joker: "Born to Kill", sir.

Pogue Colonel: You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?

Private Joker: No, sir.

Pogue Colonel: You'd better get your head and your ass wired together, or I will take a giant s**t on you.

Pogue Colonel: Now answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.

Private Joker: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir.

Pogue Colonel: The what?

Private Joker: The duality of man. The Jungian thing, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Whose side are you on, son?

Private Joker: Our side, sir.

Pogue Colonel: Don't you love your country?

Pogue Colonel: Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Pogue Colonel: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every <culturally inappropriate word> there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Private Joker: Aye-aye, sir.

nelson_mandela_no_one_is_born_hating_another_person_because_of_the_colour_of_his_skin_2013-07-21.jpg

Fear of people not liking them.

Lack of vision.

Lack of talent.

Greedy campaigners.

No good at being politicians even more useless at being anything else so they hang onto that spot on the gravy train for dear life.

You can't please everyone all of the time. Set your policies and outside of extraordinary circumstances, stick to them, it's why you were elected.

The problem we have now is that so many people and groups have their hands in the taxpayers pockets that it's going to be hard to wean them off it.

They'll be like Bilbo when Gandalf asks for a look at the ring.

CoAgB.jpg

Last edited:
Political parties.

Everyone should run as an independent.

You can't blindly follow a team if there's no team to support.

It's human nature to congregate in groups. The whole left/right dichotomy started in the French Revolution because members of the National Assembly chose to sit with people who shared their views, causing them to organise to support each other's legislation.

In an ideal world, we wouldn't need political parties. The practical aspects of human nature and the need to share resources means that people will group up, whether formally in a party or informally in a voting bloc, which is basically the same as the former.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem is society and not the politicians themselves, nor is it the media......it's us.

To reply to the answer to the threads question; What is at the core of our political instability?

The answer is the Nation loving Australian public vs the Globalist governing elite is playing out due to Trump giving real Australians (and Americans) HOPE!

The public sees the left wing Globalist elite taking over all major sports, insert Globalist CEOs who have no history of that particular sport, (see AFL Rugby League) and use it as a social engineering instrument (see rainbow crap) regardless of what fans want, think or understand.

Universities, Media, politics, sport, have all been corrupted and AUSTRALIANS WHO LOVE THEIR NATION, BE THEY BLACK, WHITE, ASIAN ETC see this and this is creating POLITICAL INSTABLILITY.

Edit; Turnbull is a bought and paid for Goldman sachs Globalist, who tried to turn Australias Conservative party into a progressive left wing basket case. His Deputy is no better. She is a Globalist shill also.

Dutton may not be much better. He got rich off the government like Rudd did. This may all be theatre. Just a bought and paid for Globalist swap.

Id much prefer Mark Latham. At least we know he is real.

Last edited:
To reply to the answer to the threads question; What is at the core of our political instability?

The answer is the Nation loving Australian public vs the Globalist governing elite is playing out due to Trump giving real Australians (and Americans) HOPE!

The public sees the left wing Globalist elite taking over all major sports, insert Globalist CEOs who have no history of that particular sport, (see AFL Rugby League) and use it as a social engineering instrument (see rainbow crap) regardless of what fans want, think or understand.

Universities, Media, politics, sport, have all been corrupted and AUSTRALIANS WHO LOVE THEIR NATION, BE THEY BLACK, WHITE, ASIAN ETC see this and this is creating POLITICAL INSTABLILITY.

Edit; Turnbull is a bought and paid for Goldman sachs Globalist, who tried to turn Australias Conservative party into a progressive left wing basket case. His Deputy is no better. She is a Globalist shill also.

Dutton may not be much better. He got rich off the government like Rudd did. This may all be theatre. Just a bought and paid for Globalist swap.

Globalists! They're making politicians power hungry and the frogs gay!!!

IT'S NOT FUNNY!

The 24-hour news cycle doesn't help, but the core issue is ambitious politicians and the fact they have seen it can be done. Before 2010, the idea of knifing a sitting PM was pretty much unheard of unless they had completely run their course. But I don't think you can put that genie back in its bottle. That said, Rudd/Gillard/Rudd saw Labor spend six years in the wilderness, if Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison leads to six years or more in the wilderness, you can guarantee they will be a little more gun-shy in future.

Trickle down ecenomics a failed social experiment, that decimated the middle class and drove all the money to the rent seeking, tax bludgers, and the RW media telling every idiots its poor people and brown people and unions that are the problem.

This is literally the most absurd, inaccurate world view I've ever read.

Who in their right mind would want to give up a $500+k job, living with their families in leafy green suburbs, living a life in private for politics?

So instead of attracting quality, capable and qualified applicants we get dregs of society like Hanson, crazies like Katter and Hanson Young and career politicians like Shorten and Abbott who have proven it’s all about them.

We have to move away from personality politics and towards policy politics. Perhaps even not having a PM.

Switzerland has from memory 7-13 leaders elected and rotate the leadership to avoid any risk of a presidential feel. Australia should look at this rather than moronic calls to get rid of safety mechanisms to remove a PM. Who the F really wants a presidential system?

The other is banning politicians communicating via the media and social media. They should be limited to releasing a prospectus on policy. After all if their policy is worthy, it warrants more than 24 seconds.

Oh and close Canberra.

With modern video conferencing, politicians can live at home with their families.

This means politicians can listen to their electorates rather than F’ing the staff, each other, whores on the public purse and avoid living dysfunctional lives.

Perhaps normal people may then apply.

There are so many reasons:
- Based in Canberra a bloated wasteful arrogant completely out of touch fake city pwopulated by power focussed bureaucrats with no real industries
- Almost no pollies these days have had real jobs
- Media of all forms focussed on the next big story
- there isnt a clear left and right eg. people want emission reductions but dont want our insane levels of immigration
- both parties need massive amounts of funding for campaigns

Remove this Banner Ad

Back