What is Connolly on about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Saturday night's game, the average age for Freo players was 22.5 years old, whilst for the Crows it was 24.6. The extremities for Freo were Parker who is 29, and Norrish who is 30. Adelaide's extremities were Bickley, who is 31 turning 32 this year, Smart who is also 31 turning 32 and Clarke who is 28 turning 29. Our youngest player was Polak who is 17 and yours was Johncock who is 19.

From this information, it is clear that freo's playing list was significantly younger and less experienced than Adelaide's on Saturday night.

ok.crows - We may have a young list, but the core of our 22 on match day still have quite a bit of experience - including finals & premierships. The key is to have a good balance between the experienced players & the younger talent coming through (ie. Doughty, Johncock, etc). The Crows tier 1 players are all in their mid-20's which is a good sign (unlike say Carlton with key older players). Freo has a good crop of younger talent, which if kept together for another few years (to gain experience) & coached well should make for a good future.

Originally posted by ok.crows
"With a young list, it's always a danger that players can get ahead of themselves and drop off their intensity, Connolly said."

Hmmmmmm ... Adelaides list is as young as Freo's. Just a bit better is all.

Good game though Freo, gave it a decent shake for a while there.
Chris doesn't want the players to be over confident because it can lead to burn out.

Maybe Gary Ayres should take a leaf out of Chris' book if the Crows have a young list.

Maybe Gary Ayres should take a leaf out of Chris' book if the Crows have a young list.
Suzi - Why would an experienced coach in Gary Ayre follow a 1st year coach in Chris Connolly, particularly given the Crows are 5-2 & Freo 3-4? :confused: :confused: Do you actually think about what you are saying or you just produce dribble for the sake of it??!! With all the teams you support, thank goodness one isn't the Crow!!

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin

Suzi - Why would an experienced coach in Gary Ayre follow a 1st year coach in Chris Connolly, particularly given the Crows are 5-2 & Freo 3-4? :confused: :confused: Do you actually think about what you are saying or you just produce dribble for the sake of it??!! With all the teams you support, thank goodness one isn't the Crow!!

Where have all the Freo supporters gone?

No discussion about the game at all

I thought Freo got a lot out of it personally.

From a Freo perspective, the final result was dissapointing, but also it was a pleasing sign to see the game didn't blow out. It's just that we always make critical mistakes (in this game, McPhee and Koops) that end up resulting in goals and then the opposition gets a run on. If we can erradicate these, which is harder said than done, we should be competitive with most sides, especially at home.

The game pointed out one thing, were still at least one good defender short.
Pavlich is having problems doing it all on his own in the marking contests.
McPharlin couldnt be far away as we need him.

From watching the game I can say that the Crows midfield is an awesome unit with McLeod, Riccuito, Goodwin and also Edwards in there. (Not that I didn't think this beforehand)

From a Freo perspective I wasn't overly disappointed with the game. We played quite well apart from the end of the thrid quarter and after Farmer's goal in the first quarter when the Crows kicked a couple in sucession. Like Connolly said, it is a danger that the younger, less experienced players may drop off their intensity and I think this proved to be the case at these two stages in the game when the Crows kicked a few goals. Some stupid errors from Koops, McPhee and Norrish were very costly. Haselby was impressive playing like he did in 2000, and Brown did well to kick a few goals.

Our defense cannot fully rely on Pavlich as our key position player. When is McPharlin due back? What is taking him so long to play his first game for us? I know he had O.P, and then I heard that he did his hammy whilst playing in the WAFL. If someone who has seen him at training could tell me how he is going and when it is likely he will be playing, that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Frustrating to get back into the game and then get blown away late in the third. Encouraging that we, again, didn't allow it to turn into a thrashing.

Another step up the learning curve.

How good is Polak's turn of foot for a big man i'm sure everyone saw him spin around and leave his opponent for dead, i know his kick let him down but for a guy thats 192cm it was all class. He's definately gonna be a great player.

Yep the game had a few positives for the boys.
There were only a few patches during the match that really cracked it open, which we have to look out for in the future. Longmuir and Croad were a bit disapointing only kicking 1 goal between them, we're gonna need them to gel a bit better in the next few weeks. Farmer played pretty well without getting too many goals, I don't think he is that far off a really good game. Koops did really well, but a few bad mistakes were pretty costly.

Overall we did pretty well and for the most part stuck to the gameplan, we just made a few too many mistakes which to their credit the Crows capitalised on. Next week T.LO won't be playing due to injury, so I'd like to see the dockers bring in Andrew Browne for his first match and see how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin

Because CC is more intelligent than Ayresy.

Originally posted by vanders
dont argue with suzi, im sure shes very close to 'CC' and knows what shes talking about...

:rolleyes:
I like your comment vanders but you got me when you put the rolleyes smiley at the end of it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jars458

I have met Malthouse Drum Ayres Cornes Blight and Pagan but I am not saying which I reckon is more intelligent.

I like being rude to you.
Do you mind me reporting you to sabre_ac then Jars. That is what I will do if you are not careful.

Malthouse in my opinion is a big whinger.

Ayresy is one of the nicest coaches I have ever met.

Judgey is another ex-coach who I have met.

Denis Pagan and Damien Drum I have met.

CC has the mind of Kevin Sheedy. That's why I think he is the better coach.

Originally posted by suzi_olsen

Do you mind me reporting you to sabre_ac then Jars. That is what I will do if you are not careful.

I thought Kevin Sheedy had lost his mind - now I know where it has gone

Report, report away.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Err... What exactly will you report him for, may I ask??

Malthouse in my opinion is a big whinger.

Ayresy is one of the nicest coaches I have ever met.

Judgey is another ex-coach who I have met.

Denis Pagan and Damien Drum I have met.

Let me guess suzi, where did you meet all of these coaches, over bigfooty? ... The same place where you met Anchor man eh?? ... sorry, i mean Peter Bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back