What is David King's Beef with St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
David King has to be one of the poorest media commentators in existence but when it comes to St Kilda there seems to be a real hate for the Club, he is resoundingly negative to the point of unprofessionalism (not that he comes across as professional in the first place) whenever the subject is St Kilda and for the life of me I can't work out why.

Does anyone know what the deal is with King and St Kilda? Did a player get it on with his missus? Did someone run over his dog? Are we to blame for all his clothes being 2 sizes too small?

David King has to be one of the poorest media commentators in existence but when it comes to St Kilda there seems to be a real hate for the Club, he is resoundingly negative to the point of unprofessionalism (not that he comes across as professional in the first place) whenever the subject is St Kilda and for the life of me I can't work out why.

Does anyone know what the deal is with King and St Kilda? Did a player get it on with his missus? Did someone run over his dog? Are we to blame for all his clothes being 2 sizes too small?
Probably just evening things up after the death riding of the Suns.

I mean they are as bad as Gold Coast but 100 years older.

Tassie Saints?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

How about you detail what offended you ?

Probably just evening things up after the death riding of the Suns.

I mean they are as bad as Gold Coast but 100 years older.

Tassie Saints?

GWS will be a long afterthought before any club is relocated, let alone a foundation Victorian club.

David King does clearly have an issue with St Kilda, I wasn't surprised by his comments. He's always the first to pot them and last to applaud them. That being said, media people are paid for their big opinions, and they want to stand out. He's just doing his job, and whether harsh or not considering he could take aim at clubs like Carlton (worst performing club since 2000), Essendon (without a finals win since 2004) and Melbourne (2006), he'll continue to do so. If that puts the bread and potato on the dinner table, good on him.

He is a c***.

He goes through phases with different teams where he eigher can't accept that they're good or likes to over emphasise that they're bad. He had a long apparent vendetta against the cats. Every win in 2011 was basically greeted with 'they haven't done anything yet' and even before the grand final his general sentiment was along the lines of 'they haven't convinced me of their quality' etc. when he was taken to task about his constant derision of them (he tipped us to miss the 8) was 'well they haven't won the comoetition yet so they haven't proven me wrong.' He ended up doing a YouTube piece to camera apologising for the year long campaign from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS will be a long afterthought before any club is relocated, let alone a foundation Victorian club.

David King does clearly have an issue with St Kilda, I wasn't surprised by his comments. He's always the first to pot them and last to applaud them. That being said, media people are paid for their big opinions, and they want to stand out. He's just doing his job, and whether harsh or not considering he could take aim at clubs like Carlton (worst performing club since 2000), Essendon (without a finals win since 2004) and Melbourne (2006), he'll continue to do so. If that puts the bread and potato on the dinner table, good on him.

That's nice.

OP, don't take it personally, King hates everyone except Champion Data and himself.
Not taking it personally was just curious as to if there was a historical reason for him being a campaigner, but it appears that he's just a campaigner.

I mean we know Malthouse beef is because Yabbie Jeans moved him on and in effect he wasn't good enough for St Kilda despite his eventual career at Richmond and then as a coach Mick still holds a grudge.

I wouldn’t take anything David King says too seriously if I were you

DbooX4OUQAAwBpl

Think thats how he is when teams or players are underperforming. He went after Mark Lecras last season as if Lecras was a wounded wildebeest.

I stopped listening to David King when he was adamant St.Kilda were robbed because he believed we gave up pick 5 straight up for Jake Carlisle despite being told countless times the pick that we used to select Jade Gresham was included in the deal too.

Absolute blinkers whenever it comes to facts about the Saints (and the AFL in general). He just says whatever he wants to believe is the truth... but in his defense he's not the only one in the AFL media like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back