10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Had me thinking answering another post.

Currently what is Docklands worth, minus what is owing on it (roughly) ?

What was Waverly sold for ?

What will Docklands be worth in 2025 ?. (guesstimate)

Good descision by the AFL or not ?.

Great decision by the AFL. My club is proof you can be financially strong and play at Etihad. Some other clubs just need their fans to spend more time at the footy supporting them and less time on Bigfooty whinging about how they need to turn up for their club to make money.

Great decision by the AFL. My club is proof you can be financially strong and play at Etihad. Some other clubs just need their fans to spend more time at the footy supporting them and less time on Bigfooty whinging about how they need to turn up for their club to make money.
if i'm the first person to join a cleaning company and they elect to pay me $5000/hour to do so, and then go and employ three others on $5/hour, my success and wealth does not prove that you can be successful and wealthy working for this cleaning company

if i'm the first person a cleaning company and they elect to pay me $5000/hour to do so, and then go and employ three others on $5/hour, my success and wealth does not prove that you can be successful and wealthy working for this cleaning company
I got ten bucks that say no ckub needs 1000x more fans to turn up than Essendon.

Not saying ours isn't a good deal but a lot of other clubs aren't as bad off as is made out.

Clearly I was exaggerating the chasm to make a point but having the best deal and doing well is not representative of the pressures other clubs face

Ethiad is the main reason why Essendon have been dwarfed by Collingwood in the last 12 years.
Doesn't hurt that Collingwood have only missed finals on 2 occasions since 02 whereas Essendon have only MADE finals on 2 occasions since 04 (and just scraped in on both occasions). That's not to say your point isn't without merit, but there's more to it than just that, kind of like what Lenny29 said.

Had me thinking answering another post.

Currently what is Docklands worth, minus what is owing on it (roughly) ?

What was Waverly sold for ?

What will Docklands be worth in 2025 ?. (guesstimate)

Good descision by the AFL or not ?.

A deal is in situ ..

You want a different deal, make me an offer, whats in it for me - is the AFL prepared to pay a premium, thats pay more numnuts ..

I got ten bucks that say no ckub needs 1000x more fans to turn up than Essendon.

Not saying ours isn't a good deal but a lot of other clubs aren't as bad off as is made out.

Oh no, we get "underwritten" 1.1 million, a guaranteed payment of 100 grand each game from the AFL. by the end of the season, this 1.1 million is whittled down to 6-700 thousand. By playing 11 games of football at Etihad, we've incurred losses between 4 and 500 thousand.

Net return from 11 games in 2011 then becomes 6-700 thousand.

Yeah, we're doin great. :thumbsdown:

Bugger all

A nightmare to get out of after a game of more then 25k
Nightmare roads, a train station that cannot contain more then 5k people

Seating is too steep on the top deck? Too flat on the lower deck
Limited room to move when inside the stadium, a line of 2 people at a bar takes half an hour

Rawr!

I hate people!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no, we get "underwritten" 1.1 million, a guaranteed payment of 100 grand each game from the AFL. by the end of the season, this 1.1 million is whittled down to 6-700 thousand. By playing 11 games of football at Etihad, we've incurred losses between 4 and 500 thousand.

Net return from 11 games in 2011 then becomes 6-700 thousand.

Yeah, we're doin great. :thumbsdown:
Case in point.

its the poor clubs blaming others for their own stupidity, being duped in to signing bad contracts, north, bulldogs only have them self to blame

What evidence do you have of such contracts?
no, but you dont need to, why else are the bulldogs and north complaining about loosing money & bad playing contracts. if a club wants to play its home games at a stadium it will sign contracts containing rights to who gets what. who else would sign the contracts on behalf of your own club?

OK, i must have posted a very confusing thread, either i have gone about it the wrong way, or no-one has a clue.

FWIW i thought Waverley sold for around $32 million ( probably way out)

Docklands would probably be worth around $500 million, minus what the AFL owe on it ... $250 million

In 2025 Docklands may be worth $1.3 million ???

So in 2025 the AFL may have a asset worth $1.3 million at their disposal.

OK, i must have posted a very confusing thread, either i have gone about it the wrong way, or no-one has a clue.

Docklands would probably be worth around $500 million, minus what the AFL owe on it ... $250 million

hardly likely

Huh?

How will the AFL owe $250 million on Docklands; the final payment of $1 in 2025 will see the stadium handed over to the AFL from the current owners as a clean stadium.

Also on land value alone the value of the land should probably be well inexcess of $100 million by 2025.

How will the AFL owe $250 million on Docklands; the final payment of $1 in 2025 will see the stadium handed over to the AFL from the current owners.

Also on land value alone the value of the land should probably be well inexcess of $100 million by 2025.

From reports if they buy it out early ... as in today ..... the price is $250 million.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back